Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

I found one, but it was a "High Sentinel Activity" planet also, and as soon as I tried to dig it up, they spawned and started shooting me.

It doesn't help that the only offensive weapon I have is my mining laser, and I have no room in my multi-tool to install a Boltcaster or anything else. Catch 22. :LOL:

EDIT: I suppose if they are that valuable, I could get rid of the visor upgrade & change it to a Boltcaster & just go after those. The multi-tool is going anyway, so it was always temporary. ;)

You were a little unlucky there. Attacking the sentinels is pointless anyway and they just escalate in response. You'll find somewhere better.

PS4 version 2.09= 1.9GB if you want online play...
  • Enabled mouse and keyboard rebinding on PC. Gamepad and other device rebinding can be performed via Steam.
  • Fixed an issue that caused starships to spin endlessly while attempting to dock in the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause dismantling the Signal Booster to remove other building parts.
  • Fixed a crash when displaying markers for other players.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause hands to become invisible.
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent players in multiplayer from speaking to NPCs on the Space Station.
  • Fixed an issue in Creative Mode that would prevent the Overseer mission chain from starting.
  • Fixed an issue where some players were unable to summon the Space Anomaly after upgrading from NEXT.
  • Fixed an issue where players were asked to collect nanites from an unusable terminal during the Ghost in the Machine mission.
  • Fixed an issue where players were charged too much when trading in their existing ship or Multi-Tool.
  • Fixed an issue where ships that were being added to a player’s fleet would be instead be traded in if purchased while the player’s current ship still had cargo aboard.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Upgrade Modules popup to display too aggressively, and to experienced players who did not need to see it.
  • Fixed an issue that caused overly dramatic camera shake in the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when quitting the game.
  • Fixed a rare crash in base wiring.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the loading progress value to appear in the wrong font in certain languages.

Is it just me or has graphics quality dived with this update, below before & after - it is the Frigates surrounding the Freighter that shows what I mean:

Oh, and my gently rolling scenery has turned a bit craggy...

Is it just me or has graphics quality dived with this update, below before & after - it is the Frigates surrounding the Freighter that shows what I mean:

They've re-written the engine using the Vulkan API for this release, so some things that looked amazing before look... less than that now. But there are other things that look better now, namely ice worlds and radioactive planets with storms. It's a trade off I guess. 🤷‍♀️

I'm just waiting for ReShade to support Vulkan, and we can start using that again.

PS4 version 2.09= 1.9GB if you want online play...
  • Enabled mouse and keyboard rebinding on PC. Gamepad and other device rebinding can be performed via Steam.
  • Fixed an issue that caused starships to spin endlessly while attempting to dock in the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed an issue where ships that were being added to a player’s fleet would be instead be traded in if purchased while the player’s current ship still had cargo aboard.

All stuff that's been mentioned here recently. (y)

Fixed an issue that caused the Upgrade Modules popup to display too aggressively, and to experienced players who did not need to see it.

This was absolutely doing my nut in. :LOL:

Pre-Beyond with Vulkan was still very detailed (I have a similar screenshot but didn't post it) although looking at that it had already gone 'craggy' on my base planet! I wonder if what I see now is a result of them 'saving GPU memory' so things have been dialled down a bit?

Agree on radioactive worlds with storms - and Dead Planets too - much improved :)

View attachment 141181

View attachment 141182

Personally I like the new skaybox and the dynamic clouds better although I admit that they are a bit "cheaper looking".

But mainly I just wanted to say - Dude, that's a kickass freighter you've got!

After good few hours of fresh start play (non VR, normal difficulty) I must say I`m very pleased with the "new" NMS. The tutorial part of the game is much more polished and quick, you get introduced to the all mechanics of the game very fast and when I was told that I have a big trading ship and can send it on the mission I was like - Hold on, wait, now how much more is in this game? :D
Also very much liking the "hub" teleporting station where you can conveniently buy all the upgrades from the REALLY neat looking aliens, they remind me of Rick and Morty creatures.
What is not so great, the procedural generation in getting repetitive VERY quickly in NMS, I keep seeing the same combinations of animal and plant parts everywhere. Also I think they over populated NMS galaxy with lush planets. Now desert planets are rarity! Also flight model is still meh. A BIG meh.
There is certainly significantly more to do but still its all about sucking colorful minerals out of everything to craft stuff. I think I`m getting tired of "punch the tree to get wood" thing...
Still no tech issues what so ever, I guess I`m lucky. :D

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Am I missing something or the surface sites we visit do not get a "visited" mark? I remember this from my previous playruns and seems it is still making me waste lots of time and resources. Maybe there is a way to tell that I have never realized?

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Another question for the wise amongst you: I am trying to locate minor settlements (see if I can find drop pod coordinate data there as before) but the signal boosters do not seem to help with that now. The wiki suggests I can use navigational data with them but when I deploy and use a signal booster there is no menu option to use the navigational data with it. What gives?

Another question for the wise amongst you: I am trying to locate minor settlements (see if I can find drop pod coordinate data there as before) but the signal boosters do not seem to help with that now. The wiki suggests I can use navigational data with them but when I deploy and use a signal booster there is no menu option to use the navigational data with it. What gives?
Exocraft scanners upgrades replace them in updates... no longer use signal boosters. with nav data... so pass

Im not an expert at all, but i think its rng what the signal booster picks up, out of the 3 options. I figured that you would just move to another spot at some distance away and just try again? Also there seems to be waypoints (or whatever those tall towers are) which locate settlements after you go to them also which boosters pick up.

Yeah, I think calling the ship was a bad idea.
They have made it much easier in many cases from day one release. But that was to attract more players I guess. There again they have added much more so..
But calling ships is not good really. Takes away a lot of survival needs. Although it has a radius I think.. But still.. Too easy..

I still remember the first few hours of gameplay. My dude died multiple times to poison rain, scorching heat, radioactive storms.
I remember how chuffed I was just to get the spacecraft working and the freedom I felt the first flight I made and retraced my steps back in the spacecraft to where he first spawned.

I was shocked at how short the journey on foot seemed in a spacecraft (literally 30 seconds, but it had taken a couple of hours of gameplay to cover the distance on foot, ducking for cover every minute or to due to "THERMAL PROTECTION FALLING!" or "EXTREME NIGHT RADIATION DETECTED!")

I restarted again last week and managed to get the ship up and running first time even though there was a boiling rain storm.

Personally I like the new skaybox and the dynamic clouds better although I admit that they are a bit "cheaper looking".

But mainly I just wanted to say - Dude, that's a kickass freighter you've got!
A Class 32/4 which was the upgrade from the free one after about 100 hours of play. One of the 'rescued' ones, it broke me to buy it at the time :)

Can you bring exocraft in your ship or summon? or are they tied to bases?
Exocraft can be built on any planet...
Drop pod data is a specific Item now... nav data does not equal the location any more the item given with drop pod data is a specific reward only... to go into signal booster.
normal signal booster usage is RNG you have to move location of the booster or it can just select another location you allready know...

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Exocraft can be built on any planet...
Drop pod data is a specific Item now... nav data does not equal the location any more the item given with drop pod data is a specific reward only... to go into signal booster.
normal signal booster usage is RNG you have to move location of the booster or it can just select another location you allready know...

ah, you mean only via mission rewards?

Top Bottom