Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

Also, use your visor to check what config the ship has. Go for the highest slots, 18+7 I think it is.

Good point. For Exotics, max slots are 20+6. Since slots are random, if you find an exotic ship you like, you may wish to keep respawning at the same place until you snag the 20+6 version.

Also, 20+6 may seem very low, but the exotic ship base stats are so much better than regular ships, overall it balances out fairly well.

Last edited:
Good point. For Exotics, max slots are 20+6. Since slots are random, if you find an exotic ship you like, you may wish to keep respawning at the same place until you snag the 20+6 version.

Also, 20+6 may seem very low, but the exotic ship base stats are so much better than regular ships, overall it balances out fairly well.
Also, I only focus on one, max two, weapons on the ship. Having multiple doesn't help much in a fight (for me at least).

I haven't seen this type of planet before:

How is the patching going?
Is it viable playing in VR?

It's starting to get cold and dark in the evenings now so will probably start gaming again in the next weeks or so. Gonna just reset and start again

How is the patching going?
Is it viable playing in VR?

It's starting to get cold and dark in the evenings now so will probably start gaming again in the next weeks or so. Gonna just reset and start again
Donno. It works pretty good in flat-screen now. Still some annoying bugs here and there, but nothing major or game-crashing. Haven't tried the VR in a while though, so I can't tell you there.

Beyond update brings NMS a 5-star review (a bit thin though) in The Guardian today:

The takeaway is really PlayStation VR has finally got a Killer App. Pity ED couldn't get there first but if the quality of the graphics had to dip so much NMS, it's probably not possible.

For whatever reason my Gek missions do not 'count' as it still says I need to complete 2 of them. Tried with few missions only.

Can anyone confirm it's a bug or ? ...

For whatever reason my Gek missions do not 'count' as it still says I need to complete 2 of them. Tried with few missions only.

It's not just any mission from a Gek mission giver, but the missions that have a Gek icon to them. When I did them, I could only get one at a time.

Han, looking at those screenshots it struck me that they're not a million miles away from some of the 'flying' SRV shots you see in ED screenshot threads. Sure it depends where you are in the universe but NMS isn't always 'cartoony'. :D
That's right. The empty planets are not far from EDs planets. In fact, since they have voxel terrain in NMS, you have caves, which makes the NMS empty planets a bit more interesting and fun to be on.

Yesterday I found an uninhabited system with two, not just one, but two empty non-atmospheric planets. Two for the price of one. All in all, I've probably seen 10 or maybe more of planets without life or plants. And now with the sentinel presence has been toned down, it was truly empty. On one of them I couldn't immediate see any carbon stacks or any resources. It was truly void. Only dirt.

I'm really liking the variety in sentinel presence. Their omnipresence always used to irritate me, and it felt utterly bonkers to boot.

Seeing how quickly HG fleshed out their buggies (SRVs) leaves me hugely envious from an ED perspective. Ditto their inclusion of custom race track tools. Mind you, how quickly HG have grown the base game puts many other developers to shame.

I'm really pleased and excited to hear that HG don't intend to stop growing NMS, although I'm struggling to come up with wants. (Excepting a much improved flight model (such that HOTAS becomes helpful), headtracking and 'a bit of a tidy up' for the UI. Oh, and a much improved galactic map and navigation. And persistent and editable bookmarks, space whales, and..... well ....okay.... perhaps there are a few things I want.....)

Last edited:

You can see the rewards the a mission will give you at the bottom of the description. You need to do missions that have Gek standing increase as a reward.

I'm really liking the variety in sentinel presence. Their omnipresence always used to irritate me, and it felt utterly bonkers to boot.
+1. It was annoying that there was a sentinel where you went, always in the past version. Didn't feel right. Now, you have to chase them down, which is a lot more fun. Also, on high-activity planets, they do show up a lot more, as they should. Great fix.

Seeing how quickly HG fleshed out their buggies (SRVs) leaves me hugely envious from an ED perspective. Ditto their inclusion of custom race track tools. Mind you, how quickly HG have grown the base game puts many other developers to shame.

I'm really pleased and excited to hear that HG don't intend to stop growing NMS, although I'm struggling to come up with wants. (Excepting a much improved flight model (such that HOTAS becomes helpful), headtracking and 'a bit of a tidy up' for the UI. Oh, and a much improved galactic map and navigation. And persistent and editable bookmarks, space whales, and..... well ....okay.... perhaps there are a few things I want.....)
There's still a lot of bugs relating to base building, especially on the freighter or using some of the older mechanics/modules from previous versions, and I do think there's a lot more that could be done there in general, but even so, it's really amazing what they've done.

...There's still a lot of bugs relating to base building, especially on the freighter or using some of the older mechanics/modules from previous versions...

Agreed. I'm finding that base editing can be a nightmare when parts refuse to rebuild, or replacement parts fail to build. Stairs particularly can be quite painful, but really any element can become impossible to place for no good reason. I'm finding myself spending quite a bit of time base building, and it would be super helpful if the hud showed the base's name and not 'your base', as this is pretty useless when you have a couple.

This is why persistent and renamable bookmarks would be a real boon for me. I know you can use other mechanics, but something simple like ED has would be very welcome.

I know I've said this before, but I'd really like it if they added head tracking. It made a considerable improvement to my enjoyment of ED when I got it working.

Top Bottom