Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

Your puny ship offends me!

(I'm channelling my inner Vy'keen. Good luck, happy trails, and may the odds be ever in your.... ...sorry wrong franchise...)

heh yeah I havn't really been "playing" the game on survival, just heading towards the centre slowly but surely, I'll get some more Hyperdrive upgrades then set course. Not looking forward to trying it permadeath though, it's been a bit of a slog mainly looking at the jump loading screens.

Well I did it with a few upgrades, was thrown when I coudn't just jump normally to the centre and could only do it from a specific system, it was an Emeril system so I had to install the hyperdrive update. TBH I was expecting a bit "more" when I got there, I knew it was an anti climax but it was worse than that!! I think HG should do a bit more, then I again I didn't do as part of the story just went there. Permadeath next, I think I'll follow the story for it this time.

flipping hell going from a quite advanced character to an early doors Permadeath character, with sod all dosh, equipment slots, upgrades etc is a bit of a PITA, almost died twice running out of jetpack juice...it's gone in what seems like a second!! I have to avoid deadly plants like the plague as well. It's a whole new game, currently farming salvage tech for money then I'll upgrade multitool, or ship whichever comes up with a better option (I can afford) sooner. Started Artemis questline as well. I don't have many 100% steam achevement games (subnautica, Skyrim (enhanced version, I must got off me butt and get the old version up to 100%!) and both trucking sims ETS2 and ATS) I'd like one more!

I'm playing on GoG and since 2.13 and now 2.14 I'm not seeing ANY other players at the hub/Anomaly.

I used to see and chat to plenty of other players and it was nice to trade things. Has anyone else noticed the same?

E. Just popped to the GoG forum and it's a common complaint - so not just me!

I'm playing on GoG and since 2.13 and now 2.14 I'm not seeing ANY other players at the hub/Anomaly.

I used to see and chat to plenty of other players and it was nice to trade things. Has anyone else noticed the same?

E. Just popped to the GoG forum and it's a common complaint - so not just me!

Surely instancing at the hub/anomaly is not limited to launcher preference

Surely instancing at the hub/anomaly is not limited to launcher preference

The GoG forum for NMS has a thread where all are saying the same thing, and saying that Steam forums report no such thing.

It's worth noting that multiplayer came late to GoG, and a while after Steam, so it seems completely plausible that a multiplayer issue unique to GoG has been introduced.

To assume that all launchers/infrastructures are the same is simply wrong - Steam has its own built-in multiplayer infrastructure, completely different to GoG (which as best I know doesn't have one at all).

Last edited:
The GoG forum for NMS has a thread where all are saying the same thing, and saying that Steam forums report no such thing.

It's worth noting that multiplayer came late to GoG, and a while after Steam, so it seems completely plausible that a multiplayer issue unique to GoG has been introduced.

To assume that all launchers/infrastructures are the same is simply wrong - Steam has its own built-in multiplayer infrastructure, completely different to GoG (which as best I know doesn't have one at all).

Fair enough. I would just assume the game would just hook up to the NMS server whatever the launcher. Never occurred to me that it would be akin to console

...I would just assume the game would just hook up to the NMS server whatever the launcher....

Not the case, or so it seems, but it's an interesting point - I'll have to ask next time I see another player but I'd guess we're segregated. On the plus side I'm guessing HG will sort it soon as it's such an obvious mishtyrk.

Last edited:
That moment when you get home from a long day exploring and just collapse on the couch...

EGopm-6X4AA6m0Y

How common are exploration ships to find in game? I've been playing around 60 hours and not seen one- either docked or crashed.

Go to a station in a Korvax system, preferably one with a decent economy and wait watching the ships that come and go. There will be a good number of exploration ships. I only had to wait about 10-15 minutes for my S-class ship. 660+ly range, with a couple of s-class boosters. Edit - Sorry 940+ly range. (I just checked)

Head to Vy'keen systems for combat ships and Gek systems for trading ships.

Last edited:
How is this game on Rift S these days.

It’s not ideal but playable. I have a 2080 super and it still regularly drops into ASW with medium settings. I’ve been trying out all the tweaks suggested on various forums but they don’t help much. I would have preferred to avoid steam to take that out of the equation but hey ho

Also, I really hate using the controllers for the ship

Last edited:
What's the specs on that fighter? I've got a little S-class myself, 14+7. Really need more internals for a good fighter though.

'A friend' has told me that you can edit pretty much all aspects of all your craft using the save-game editor.... ...and it's not really cheating as... erm... well, it's just not!!!

Edit:
Whilst I'm here, here are a few snaps...

RLTCbsZ.png

5yZ45ac.png

FqfXzPD.png

EqHKUBe.png

AlTbyJT.png

Last edited:
Until I got a pc and installed NMS on it, I thought the Editor program would be cool. Once installed and utilizing all of its features, I'm almost completely indestructible and my weapons are all GOD mode. Only takes one shot to destroy most everything. Do I think it's a cheat; NO! But then I don't play in multi-play so there's no harm done.

Top Bottom