Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

Until I got a pc and installed NMS on it, I thought the Editor program would be cool. Once installed and utilizing all of its features, I'm almost completely indestructible and my weapons are all GOD mode. Only takes one shot to destroy most everything. Do I think it's a cheat; NO! But then I don't play in multi-play so there's no harm done.

I've.... my friend hasn't used the save editor for anything more than expanding inventory slots and adding a few resources when in mid-build. It's tinsy bit cheaty perhaps, but even with the advance mining tool resource gathering can get a bit tedious, and I'm they're not effecting anyone else's gameplay, so at worst only cheating 'themselves'.

One other thing you can do is to change the seed for any of your ships, and get a new looking ship (it doesn't change any other characteristics) - 'my friend' hasn't even used this, instead rather preferring the fun of the hunt.

I've.... my friend hasn't used the save editor for anything more than expanding inventory slots and adding a few resources when in mid-build. It's tinsy bit cheaty perhaps, but even with the advance mining tool resource gathering can get a bit tedious, and I'm they're not effecting anyone else's gameplay, so at worst only cheating 'themselves'.

There's a couple of things I do with the save editor, which are kinda cheaty, but who cares...

First is to expand a few cargo slots & inventory slots, because it's just a pain having to get them all in the game. Done it once on one save - don't feel the need to repeat.

Secondly, I also give myself a single S-class scanner upgrade, and a single S-class environment protection for each environment. 3 is the max for each, so I'm still leaving room for discovery. A single S-class movement upgrade also.

More than that, and I find I become "God" which ruins the fun slightly.

I also run a few mods, such as one to reduce launch requirements by 90%. I tend to skim around planets for a fair time, and land when I see something interesting... but a 25% fuel requirement scuppers that freedom. So I remove that limitation.

Lots of ways you can "cheat" in this game, whilst still keeping it a game.

I also run a few mods, such as one to reduce launch requirements by 90%. I tend to skim around planets for a fair time, and land when I see something interesting... but a 25% fuel requirement scuppers that freedom. So I remove that limitation.

I used to use this mod until I got the solar-refuel tech and the reduced take-off tech. I haven't had to refuel since in my explorer.

Interestingly (I believe) that an exploration craft's take-off cost is less than a fighter's which (if memory serves) is in turn less than that of a hauler. (...I read this somewhere on t'internet so it must be troof innit...)

I used to use this mod until I got the solar-refuel tech and the reduced take-off tech. I haven't had to refuel since in my explorer.

Interestingly (I believe) that an exploration craft's take-off cost is less than a fighter's which (if memory serves) is in turn less than that of a hauler. (...I read this somewhere on t'internet so it must be troof innit...)

Aye, Beyond made that part easier at least. I just prefer not to have to think about it much, or at all. Game for me is about exploration & having fun - not simply resource gathering. So anything that gets in the way of that gets modded out or tweaked in the save editor.

Call it "cheating" if you want - I don't care. 🤷‍♀️ :ROFLMAO:

'A friend' has told me that you can edit pretty much all aspects of all your craft using the save-game editor.... ...and it's not really cheating as... erm... well, it's just not!!!

Edit:
Whilst I'm here, here are a few snaps...

RLTCbsZ.png

5yZ45ac.png

FqfXzPD.png

EqHKUBe.png

AlTbyJT.png

I am actually aware of this, though I've only ever used one to delete "Big Ball" items that shouldn't get stuck in one's inventory, and as far as I know, hasn't been a problem in a while.

These are "developers".

Last edited:
Until I got a pc and installed NMS on it, I thought the Editor program would be cool. Once installed and utilizing all of its features, I'm almost completely indestructible and my weapons are all GOD mode. Only takes one shot to destroy most everything. Do I think it's a cheat; NO! But then I don't play in multi-play so there's no harm done.
I did that with one of my saves. With the newer save file, after finishing up all the quests, I did the editor just to give me more storage in the containers. 5 slots is just silly.

Aye, Beyond made that part easier at least. I just prefer not to have to think about it much, or at all. Game for me is about exploration & having fun - not simply resource gathering. So anything that gets in the way of that gets modded out or tweaked in the save editor.

Call it "cheating" if you want - I don't care. 🤷‍♀️:ROFLMAO:
I hear ya.

Now, with the most recent save file, after I got the capital ship and started sending the fleet on missions, I started to get a bunch of materials I can easily put in the refinery and get most of the stuff I need. Also, having the hydropods with plants that can be run in the refinery to produce carbon and such also helps. Only a few things seems to be a bit more work to quickly produce, like di-hydro. So since the last update, I haven't done any material cheating, which I did a bit in the previous versions for the very reason you're mentioning.

I've got a few ships I can sell now, great to have scrap ships in the game.
Plus we have npc's getting out of their ships in stations, and walking around etc, not sure if that was in already.. :/
Anyway I just went in for 20mins or so. On ultra and running smooth (so far)..
:)

I've got a few ships I can sell now, great to have scrap ships in the game.
Plus we have npc's getting out of their ships in stations, and walking around etc, not sure if that was in already.. :/
Anyway I just went in for 20mins or so. On ultra and running smooth (so far)..
:)

I wondered how you were playing it, then I checked that they've released it to the Experimental branch today.

But the patch is out on live tomorrow. So why bother? :eek:

Gosh... there's so much in there. It all depends on play style and what you like to do.

I'm not into grinding, like base building and learning as I go, I'm also fairly shooty, I prefer free roam to story missions.

Are there any Noob traps I should avoid like rebuy ?.

Saw Sean's tweet and thought "Okay, nice little QoL & bug fix update on the way, probably nothing amazing but certainly welcome"
Now I've seen the patch notes... holy cow! Awesome update.

I'm not into grinding, like base building and learning as I go, I'm also fairly shooty, I prefer free roam to story missions.

I'd advise to only build the bare minimum on your starting world. Take your time to find a nice (hospitable) planet for serious base building. Unless you're into serious survival mode masochistic base scourging. :)

Some of the things that I like to do in a new save file is to play the stories, work on upgrading my storage space in my suit, upgrading my ship with shields and positron ejector mostly rather than other weapons (depends on what kind of shooty style you like in space ship). What else... Oh, man, there's a lot, but right now we're in the middle of thanksgiving prepping. I'll try to think about what I usually do.

Top Bottom