Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

HG are really going great guns on NMS - I too wasn't expecting much with this update, but extra base building and first-person in the exo-craft make this update really great value for me. Indeed, it long ago got to the stage that I'd happily pay for an update. The frequency and quality of the updates has been astounding - particularly recently.

One other aspect to this game is how friendly the in-game community is (GOG variant), with lots of resource sharing at the Nexus. For those starting out, head to the Nexus and just ask for help!

E. And GREAT news - the in-flight space-map is now very much like Elite's. Tbh this has always been the best design, even back in 1984, so thank heavens they have finally adopted it.

Last edited:
Just putting this out there.................. I am loving my Colossus in 'First Person'...:D

I know you guys with VR already had first person, but this is my first look and its much more immersive driving around in first person. Wanted this badly and now its in.. Good work HG.
:)

...Are there any Noob traps I should avoid like rebuy ?.

Advice for starters...

#1 Remap the right-mouse button such that it does not trigger the Plasma-Launcher - else, expect to die frequently - use it instead for the shield or sights. When I got a better multi-tool I purposely did not re-install the P-L, imho it's way more trouble than it's worth.

The rest in no order...

• Come to terms early with the fact that this game is much more about walking/exploring than flying.
  • The analysis visor will continue to scan a new discovery even after you move your view away. Use this time to find the next flora/fauna/rock to be scanned.
  • Learn how to 'boost jump' but beware of going too high, as falls can (and will) kill you.
  • You can have a maximum of five ships in your 'inventory'. Hanging around in stations is a good way to see what's available. Stand on the top of your ship for a really good view. It seems that there are a different profile of ships in each station depending upon the type of system station you are in: Vy'keen - more fighters; Corvax - more explorers; Gek - more traders. The ships come in waves that will repeat after a reload.
  • Be aware that your suit has TWO storage tabs. The 'cargo' tab takes double the number of items with a limit-bar beneath the stock-count - e.g. Albumen Pearls.
  • The early part of the game can be a bit tricky, but after a while it becomes pretty easy.
That's all I can think of for now.

Last edited:
Trigger finger itching on that Rift S deal? 😁 Do you have display port or usb-c on your laptop? I never saw you answer in the other thread... As for NMS I intend to try it soon(ish).
The smoke still drifts from the hot barrel of that recently fired gun, LOL. Yes, I have both Display Port and USB C on this laptop.

Some more screenies...

cz2lFP8.png

OMs7WDM.png

ZIbLrI1.png

9ArDLDp.png

PS - Hurrah - the Synthesis update (their 8th free update) has arrived on GoG - wish me luck 'I'm heading in...'

Last edited:
I really hope they’ll add shared base permissions/ownership in the future. I’ve given up on this game until such time as I can actually for real share a base with my friends and we can all add/remove pieces of it regardless of who is online at the time. Shared freighters would be excellent as well. Don’t get me wrong - the changes in Synthesis look GREAT, but they will just make it all the more heartbreaking with group basebuilding being crippled as it is currently. This is ostensibly a multiplayer game, after all.

I'd say is as much "multiplayer optional" as Elite. In the end it's a lone wolf against the world.
The common thread between both games is they are “multiplayer “ in name only. In practice, they are multiplayer hostile; trying to group up will actively mess up your experience. NMS could at least be Minecraft-adjacent with shared bases, though.

Finally multiple multi tools!

I've been holding onto an Alien multi-tool that I like, just, for ever... I dig it, but it has so few slots, it's actually not great. I honestly just held onto it, expecting that one day HG would add / address multiple multi-tools. That weird digital attachment thing.

Gon' go git me a new gun!

Top Bottom