Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

I'm not even sure if it was a fast food outlet - it was just a (very elaborate) underground base that the game decided to regenerate terrain over. :ROFLMAO:

I don't care - it's a brilliant idea.... a Chief Beef 'fly thru' anyone.....? Slurpee Surpliers....

(Is anyone else loving that FDev have chosen Tritium as the fuel for their Fleet Carriers, as mined from asteroids? I think it's a really lovely nod from them to Hello Games - a really nice and generous touch! Nicely done FDev.)

Last edited:
I finally pulled the trigger, and bought it on Steam sale. Survived my second life, fixed my ship. Boy, those holes in the ground are hard to get out of...first planet was a high radiation world. The cave saved me lots of sodium.

I'll try the flying next.

Bye, Fleet Carriers... :)

So is this a "No Man's Sky" thread or a "Elite Sucks!" thread? It's kinda hard to tell these days.

It seems to have started as the former but evolved into the latter. NMS evolving into something greater over time hasn't hurt either, especially while Elite seems to devolve rather than evolve at the same time.

Ideally my ultimate dream game would be to have Elite's ship flight mechanics integrated into the NMS gameplay loop and game mechanics. A mix of Elite's realism with the NMS focus on fun engaging gameplay, creativity, proc gen, and exploration.

Far too often FDev seems to forget about who is playing their game when developing new features. On the other hand Hello Games has keenly been listening and paying attention, and it shows.

I finally pulled the trigger, and bought it on Steam sale. Survived my second life, fixed my ship. Boy, those holes in the ground are hard to get out of...first planet was a high radiation world. The cave saved me lots of sodium.

I'll try the flying next.

Bye, Fleet Carriers... :)
Survival can be a bit tricky at first, but survival and credits etc increase almost exponential. Be prepared to see some amazing views and planets.

Far too often FDev seems to forget about who is playing their game when developing new features. On the other hand Hello Games has keenly been listening and paying attention, and it shows.
Very much so. I only saw people upvoting the bobblehead a week or two on Reddit before HG suddenly put that into the game. I don't know if they had planned it, but it felt like they reacted to what people asked for within a few weeks. And I know over the years several features that were asked for, over and over again, and one day it was there.

So is this a "No Man's Sky" thread or a "Elite Sucks!" thread? It's kinda hard to tell these days.

I agree. It is thoroughly shocking that people chatting about one space game would make reference to another one to compare and contrast. What is the world coming to!?

Thank heavens none of that nonsense goes on in the 9 years, $300M and still no game Star Citizen thread.

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Wow. The game is visually amazing.

Critters killed me again twice. "There's NO RISK in exploring" :(

Retrieving your stuff is a real pain. If Elite had a game mechanic like this, half the playerbase would ragequit.

I now have a gate. The next task wants me to build a hyperdrive. That's going to be awhile. This game can suck time like Minecraft. And, that's why it's addictive. It has positive re-enforcement. Frontier doesn't do that very well.

Top Bottom