Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

I'm having fun with Origins and a new save. Just playing, and up to 27M units and 4500 nanites, and I have all the upgrades I need at the moment. Just finished the salvaged data grind on a bunch of planets, and I quite liked this place, so I'm building a base here atm.

20200929141952_1-hd.jpg

I've also got a new creative save on the go, because I wanted to try building a huge base inside a mountain out of cubes, and figure out how the solar power to battery ratio works to power the thing.

This game just keeps on giving.

I've hit a snag with the main plot. Have to get encrypted key from a crashed freighter, however I already stumbled onto, and plundered the crashed freighter much earlier in the game.
Cargo containers haven't reset, cannot move forward with the mission.

I've hit a snag with the main plot. Have to get encrypted key from a crashed freighter, however I already stumbled onto, and plundered the crashed freighter much earlier in the game.
Cargo containers haven't reset, cannot move forward with the mission.

Sometimes if you warp far enough away from where the game wants to take you, the mission resets itself and you can carry on. Or a button pops up on the log giving you the option to restart from current system.

Sometimes if you warp far enough away from where the game wants to take you, the mission resets itself and you can carry on. Or a button pops up on the log giving you the option to restart from current system.
I'm lucky, I have a lot of outposts dotting the galaxy (if I land somewhere interesting, or when I get thrown across the galaxy from a black hole, I'll build power/battery/teleport station), one of which is close to a crashed freighter. I plundered it, it gave me the encryption keys I needed, and this portion of the mission has cleared out.

Anyone know any graphics editing that can better the LOD distance?
Specifically, when exiting the atmosphere to planet, the massive trees pop up at last minute to the point where I'll crash into them.
The graphics settings aren't great, looking to edit a file.
I cannot use any nexus mods or similar.

Anyone know any graphics editing that can better the LOD distance?
Specifically, when exiting the atmosphere to planet, the massive trees pop up at last minute to the point where I'll crash into them.
The graphics settings aren't great, looking to edit a file.
I cannot use any nexus mods or similar.

There aren't any files of that ilk to edit. Mods are the only way to do it - unfortunately.

Why can you not use Nexus?

75 hours played now. Really enjoying the various scenarios and the advancement. Currently looking at the freighter development and spec'ing out hi class ships.
There is a lot to do in this game and some parts / minor scenarios I've not explored yet. I can see many hours of fun to come.

I have over 100 hours played now with NMS, this game has me enthralled. I'm also having a blast with the freighter management side of the game. I've built my capital ship's interior into a very nice base of operations complete with farming, and I now have a large fleet of freighters running missions for me!

zfOToJX.jpg

Still so much to do and explore here, for most of those 100 hours I've stayed in a local star cluster but I'm now out voyaging around the universe, building bases on scenic worlds along the way.

TkqVbhZ.jpg

Yup, finding too much to do in this game.
Have to remember to go back and harvest, make circuit boards to sell.
20201015160156_1.jpg

These balls are some type of lifeform.
I too build little outposts when I find interesting places. Usually just power, couple batteries, and transporter for when I want to head back.

Yup, finding too much to do in this game.

We are struggling with the same issues I see. 😅

I'm not dedicating half as much time as I'd like to it sadly, but it's amazing how they sorted their initial mess into such a wide and interesting game. My better half has been lost in it for months now (her first "space" game), and leaving in different homes in these semi-lockdown times we also discovered how good it works in multiplayer too. Meeting at one's base (hers usually, she has a multi-floor research center while I still build huts), flying over at the Anomaly and doing missions for Quicksilver or credits is a very nice evening pastime when we can't see each other.

Think I've broken a mission.
I don't understand the atlas & purge missions.
Purge mission is active, I don't want to procede.
Atlas is also active but thought I had finished with it since I can purge.
Very confusing.
Also, I have not received the atlas pass from the small-fry in the anomaly, and the conversation choices are limited to me asking for directions to black holes, atlas stations and one other thing I don't recall right now.

Think I've broken a mission.
I don't understand the atlas & purge missions.
Purge mission is active, I don't want to procede.
Atlas is also active but thought I had finished with it since I can purge.
Very confusing.

Think the Atlas mission is kind of an overarching mission that always stays active until you reach the centre. Other missions spawn off that. At least I think so - I'll let you know when I get there. :ROFLMAO:

Also, I have not received the atlas pass from the small-fry in the anomaly, and the conversation choices are limited to me asking for directions to black holes, atlas stations and one other thing I don't recall right now.

I think that's currently bugged. Easiest way to get Atlas V1 at least is via a secure depot. That's where I got mine in my current save.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: EUS
i just finished the Purge and I'm now in a new galaxy. A couple of tips (this is from bitter experience).
Before you complete purge, switch to a low grade multi tool and use a "throwaway" ship. Make sure you have repair commodities aplenty too. You'll see why......
However i also found that I can use the terminal on a station in the new galaxy to go back to the starter galaxy and vice versa.

I guess I don't understand the point of the new galaxy when you can go back and forth?
I've made it to the decision tree of choosing a new galaxy, then backed out by reloading a save, because I wasn't sure what the point was.

I guess I don't understand the point of the new galaxy when you can go back and forth?
I've made it to the decision tree of choosing a new galaxy, then backed out by reloading a save, because I wasn't sure what the point was.
Hi EUS, not sure myself yet. I'm back up and running now all the repairs are done, biggest issue was trying to find my ship on the planet I was transported to in the new galaxy. The recall function didn't work (ship had thruster damage) and even when I got the scanner working it wouldn't display. Spent a lot of time just surviving and repairing whilst searching for my rather expensive and pimped exotic ship.

Eventually I managed to find an outpost, buy a ship and get to the Station, the recall didn't work at the outpost or the station. I decided to try the warp terminal (this was after logging off and coming back to the game next day) and got back to my home base in the starter galaxy, flew up to the freighter but no luck, no sign of my exotic ship. Terminal jumped back to the station in the new galaxy and flew down to the planet to continue the search. Landed at a minimal base (floating trade access terminal) and thought why not try again. Did recall and it worked.

The plan now is to explore and see what is different, the changes so far are subtle but I think its a bit harder, early days though. Main missions have changed too.

Hmmm. Free nex-gen upgrade for existing users, enhanced graphics and performance, transferrable game-saves. Next-gen consoles included in crossplay. PS5 uses controller feedback and 3D audio. They even manage to keep the VR working on PS5 using backwards compatibility. Pretty cool.

These days though, it's really just what you'd expect from Hello Games. That's a testament to how far they've come since the launch.

Top Bottom