Game Discussions The No Man's Sky Thread

Auto updates to console versions means you can miss key changes to the "Pets" so reading web sites are required... Patch 3.22
  • All companions now correctly defend their owner when attacked by a hostile creature.
No matter their stats they will go on offense to defend you from other hostiles...

gonna wait another few days and make sure this is legit before thinking about it too much.
never sure what's an AFD prank and what's not...

Started playing Expeditions yesterday, its a nice change but a little buggy. They are rolling out fixes (even overnight) so it'll be fine later today. Pzzzt...

Wait, it's been out since yesterday already? I was playing just yesterday evening, but still previous version. I discovered about Expeditions right after I closed.

Instancing indeed looked a bit iffy yesterday, could have been related maybe: was doing a Nexus mission with the lady, our markers kept disappearing and reappearing to each other, then I got a mission item and got reinvited out of nowhere to her session, while already being in the session with her in front of me, then the item disappeared from my inventory, then I kept seeing mission markers while she didn't, but both still had the mission active. She followed me visually to the the mission's lost guy, I completed it, she got stuck talking with the guy with no way to close, while on my side he had already flown away. Fun stuff.

Its a fun mode. However, I'm getting a lot of crashes and disappearing portable constructors with resources and other glitches. Might be worth waiting a few days before jumping in.

Really, they're doing it again? Okay time for a reinstall. Its a shame its so &&^ hipster. I don't like hipster. When i try to immerse myself in it i feel queasy.

I also find the new mode pretty good and entertaining! (and no, not for real immersion, just to strech my brain's legs).

I was logging in some days ago, and along the Expedition route, there was a player base on a volcano planet which was named "Class S MODULE NANTIES MORE HERE". So insert the famous Star Wars battle quote all over it.
Well, I thought, I'll check this out just to see how this trap works. Jumped in the base's short-range teleporter (there is even a message like "Grab what you want, Good Luck", so everyone got a fair warning really), and materialized ... probably in the middle of a volcano mouth, about 10 seconds to live and no way to return.

The thing about this is that the Game sent me back to the volcano mouth when re-animating. Which meant instant death again (no chance to even reach the menu in time). After that, my traveller appeared along his ship, with the grave marker spinning there ... but only with the inventory after the first death, so nothing really.

I found it interesting how the grave markers can be "emptied" by double-kills. And I'd be really interested in how the trap maker managed to stay alive in Expeditions long enough to prepare their trap (if they didn't just do cheap code-cheating, which would be disappointing). Gankers in NMS! :D

Oh and by the way. The lag is truly awful. Suddenly, everything takes ages, stuttering all around ... oh well ...

Last edited:
Holy crap, i didn't know they had twitch drops. Missed out on the first 4 days!

Also, is it just me, or is the audio overall heaps better (more convincing, immersive) and is the handling of the starter ship at least alot weightier, more like elite rather than a kite or an ios rails space shooter like it use to be?

Haven't been hipster triggered and ejected out of the game yet so fingers crossed.

I kinda like expeditions. Looks like its a cross between a cg and a diablo season? Pretty cool, definitely worked to get me to try the game again.

Hi all, I completed the Exped last week, did nearly all of it out of multi-player mode, it stopped all the crashes and made it much smoother.

I got the in-game rewards but although Twitch confirmed my account was connected and all was good, I didn't receive the Twitch rewards on any game save. Still the Exped was fun and I did stuff in NMS that I hadn't tried before.

Hi all, I completed the Exped last week, did nearly all of it out of multi-player mode, it stopped all the crashes and made it much smoother.

I got the in-game rewards but although Twitch confirmed my account was connected and all was good, I didn't receive the Twitch rewards on any game save. Still the Exped was fun and I did stuff in NMS that I hadn't tried before.
Wrong game here :D. I guess what you did last week should be going to NMS forums.

So got the shiny helmet...
As the rest of cosmetics was junk (copying someone else it seams ) ...
The extra ship means you have to dump one of your 5 ships you already got, not add a 6th that was crap for long term player...
E1ixUhnXoAcdBuz

Second one
Your first ex save is now a Normal save universe...
restart to start ex 2.. later on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom