The Odyssey Materials Exchange thread

Ahhhh, I know how to obtain weapon components, and it is not from searching the obvious places, such military bases. Trading is your friend. I find that the big tourist sites can be farmed for tradable material, such as chips and optical lenses. I have spent a lot of time looting the tourist sites that comprise the PWR at one end of the landing pads and the bar and HAB wings at the opposite side of the pads. Each of the HAB wings has 3 floors, with 2/4/4 rooms working top to bottom for a total of 10 in each wing and 20 in total. The average is several chips per room. At 2 chips per room, 2 x 20 = 40 chips = 80 barter points = 4 weapon components plus change. In addition, you can also pick up a lot of stuff for cash.

Steve 07.
Yes, that's how I've been tackling it so far, but the past few months I've also read posts here and there with people finding multiple weapon components in the same settlement or building even. Likewise, I've seen screenshots of lockers filled with Ionised Gas whereas I find one or two at most. There have also been confusing reports of completely identical Tourist settlements (with similar factions and faction states) either offering Opinion Polls or none at all.

I've also read posts here and there with people finding multiple weapon components in the same settlement or building even. Likewise, I've seen screenshots of lockers filled with Ionised Gas whereas I find one or two at most.
It's the RNG gods hard at work. I end up picking weapon components that I find lying around. Need a sharp pair of eyes and they are not that obvious.

Steve 07.

I found lot of weapon components in large extraction settlements (higher security is better) but now I don't remember which BGS state it was. Sometimes it was 4 - 5 in one passage,
and usually in storage and power building. It was also very good for other tech - carbon fibre, titanium, tungsten carbide. In storage buildings they are usually laid on the crates, and it's true - not easy to see. Sometimes, after running through settlement I sit in SRV (if I have one there) and drive closer to buildings, and SRV radar shows materials what I missed.
Cmdr Frop, that's a good idea to share (ot trade) informations about especially good settlements - and players already doing it, but in private conversations.
Additionally, cmdr Frop, if you need Weapon Components just now, to engineer something, I can lend it to you (I have about 300) and because I don't need anything in exchange, you can simply repay it after some weeks when you have enough. Or maybe I'll need anything else. It's based on trust and long term cooperation, as cmdr SteveWW57 explained.

Last edited:
I found lot of weapon components in large extraction settlements (higher security is better) but now I don't remember which BGS state it was. Sometimes it was 4 - 5 in one passage,
and usually in storage and power building. It was also very good for other tech - carbon fibre, titanium, tungsten carbide. In storage buildings they are usually laid on the crates, and it's true - not easy to see. Sometimes, after running through settlement I sit in SRV (if I have one there) and drive closer to buildings, and SRV radar shows materials what I missed.
Cmdr Frop, that's a good idea to share (ot trade) informations about especially good settlements - and players already doing it, but in private conversations.
Additionally, cmdr Frop, if you need Weapon Components just now, to engineer something, I can lend it to you (I have about 300) and because I don't need anything in exchange, you can simply repay it after some weeks when you have enough. Or maybe I'll need anything else. It's based on trust and long term cooperation, as cmdr SteveWW57 explained.
Thank you for the information. Would you happen to have an example of such a settlement so I can identify the layout?

And I'd be more than happy to trade for the weapon components. If you can think of anything you need, just let me know.

If anyone needs them (cough), I have Settlement Defence Plans and Smear Campaigns up for grabs, just send me a message. First come, first served as it were:)

Anybody have 14 suit schematics to trade please?
I have enough suits schematics, so 14 is not the problem. I'm in little bit strange situation - don't need anything. I have enough suits and weapons full engineered, and storage full of materials/data - and there's no sense to trade. I can give you this schematics for free - and one day you'll help me with anything else.
Now you have a choice, I can see cmdr Zarozinia also have suit schematics!

To get the Night Vision and Scope, I need 1 Surveillance Logs and 3 Spectral Analysis Data. If anyone has these and would like to trade let me know what you have need of and Ill see if I either have it or can get it quickly. PM me.

Top Bottom