The Odyssey Materials Exchange thread

I have a heap of aerogel (over 50) which is used for Artemis upgrades, so drop me a message if you need any (for free).

Last edited:
Like almost everyone else, I need SDPs and OPs.

I have a shed load of weapons schematics and graphine.

I just wanna put NV and battery capacity on my G5 Artemis, then I'm off exploring.

[EDIT]

Ross 129 - IM threat 1. Lots of them. Fill yer boots.

Last edited:
Like almost everyone else, I need SDPs and OPs.

I just wanna put NV and battery capacity on my G5 Artemis, then I'm off exploring.
The need for SDPs/OPs and NV/Imp batt cap does not appear to be consistent with the mods wanted. Only Geiger offers NV (and improved battery capacity) so the path would be Jude/Terra/Oden. Or am I missing something?

Steve 07.

Found another!
And when handing that mission in, took another mission with a suit schem as a reward.....

and when handing that mission in, took another mission with a suit schem as a reward and on my way to the settlement now.

Now have 8 spare, 6 from missions today! (4 +1+1).

Waiting for your call!

Steve 07.

Many thanks to SteveWW57 for his kind offer to help me even if I sorted it out with missions so his help wasnt needed. He seems to have gone out of his way to get me suit schematics because he didnt have enough for me. ty

Many thanks to SteveWW57 for his kind offer to help me even if I sorted it out with missions so his help wasnt needed. He seems to have gone out of his way to get me suit schematics because he didnt have enough for me. ty
Thank you for your kind comments. When I see a legal mission (one that will not get me into trouble!) where the reward is for a really useful, scarce material (power regulators, suit schematics or manufacturing instructions etc) I will take it (time permitting), even if I have no current use for it. Build up a stock so that when there is someone in need I can help out.

Steve 07

Those poor Dingos of Duwali. They got looted again and again and you didn't even need the materials. :(
Zarozinia is doing the community a service by offering these materials. Making live easier for new CMDRs to get another leg up after buying G2/3 gear.

Steve. 07.

Zarozinia is doing the community a service by offering these materials. Making live easier for new CMDRs to get another leg up after buying G2/3 gear.

Steve. 07.
Yes, and I appreciate that as much as the next person, but in this case that's even a player anarchy faction that's getting farmed repeatedly. If they put their leg up, they'll get kicked in the gonads.

Those poor Dingos of Duwali. They got looted again and again and you didn't even need the materials. :(
I understand. But is there anything we can do about it? Even if we agree here, in this forums, that we will not do it anymore ( to attack player's factions anarchy settlements)
- we are still small group, and probably out there are hundreds of players who will continue to do it, because they are not members of forum, or not interested for our agreements.
Isn't it FDev responsibility to stop this massacre?
Simple mechanism, like to not gain notoriety during mission (what we already have in Horizons) should solve this problem.

I understand. But is there anything we can do about it? Even if we agree here, in this forums, that we will not do it anymore ( to attack player's factions anarchy settlements)
- we are still small group, and probably out there are hundreds of players who will continue to do it, because they are not members of forum, or not interested for our agreements.
Isn't it FDev responsibility to stop this massacre?
Simple mechanism, like to not gain notoriety during mission (what we already have in Horizons) should solve this problem.
No, it was just a "it's sunday morning and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet" rant, for which I apologise. FDev should've implemented notoriety and reputation hits for anarchy faction s, but perhaps due to some rather curious oversight they haven't (yet). Personally I've been trying to avoid (missions to) anarchy settlements as much as possible and I still get plenty of materials and data that way.

Playing in my own little game bubble, I take the legal missions (restore, exterminate scavs & criminals). Is it not the case that such missions would not become available without player activities that cause the required circumstances? It may be imbalanced though.

The underlying issue I believe, is how to gather materials in a relatively time efficient way. We have what we have been given.

To compound the problem, and there is nothing wrong here, is content creators providing guides on farming etc. And so we all head off to Arai's Mine in Iah Bulu and similar locations in our dash to get materials for G5 stuff as soon as possible. Obtaining materials can be difficult, time consuming and in some cases the equivalent of searching for Bigfoot.

Steve 07.

Better BGS relationship sim would do. I mean, if I went over to the local Hell's Angels' clubhouse and knocked it off every week, you can be sure I'd be run out of town pretty quickly. And if I did the same to the cops I wouldn't be welcome in the country. But that would mean consequences and we can't have that!

Top Bottom