The Odyssey Weapon and Suit Mechanics and Mods Thread.

For the 4th mod i'm split between Stowed Reloading, Magazine Size, Hip Fire Accuracy, Faster Handling or why not, even Audio Masking - assuming it stacks with Silencer
I'm definitely planning on audio masking for mine so I have something that can pull off silent kills both indoors and outdoors.

The Greater Range mod has grown on me as a good idea for several weapons. Even with projectile travel time, you can do some nice distance assassinations, relying on your target to do the “I’m hit dance” instead of running like hell. Even better if you can get the kill shot out before the shield shot is finished.

So is greater range useful for the launcher since it does explode damage?

Does stability or accuracy help any weapon that doesn't have a fast rate of fire?

Then please let us know what the mod lists as its benefit.
Here is the headshot mod.
Screenshot_1333.jpgScreenshot_1334.jpg
It adds 50% damage to headshots.

The issue isn't that Manticore guns are too good, the issue is that all the other guns are garbage. If the game expects me to regularly Die Hard a base with 20+ goons then it shouldn't take more than a couple seconds to kill any given goon I get a preplanned jump on. The completely pitiful damage of kinetic weapons to shields and of laser weapons to armor doesn't translate well from ships where it can very well be a question of mushing a button A and then button B, to Spacelegs where I have to spend a couple seconds juggling a light-can opener and a meat drill. Yeah, it's not hard to kill any one of them because they theatrically stagger around like every one of them is acting their life's role of the main villain dramatically wandering off a cliff, but it's tedious as hell.

Does stability or accuracy help any weapon that doesn't have a fast rate of fire?

Stability reduces recoil - Tormentor has lots of recoil, so it helps with it. Executioner also has alot of recoil but imo there are better mods for Exec
accuracy (hip fire) - reduces the spread when not aiming down sight

As a staunch plasmaphile, I’d like to hear from others about the laser and kinetic weapons and their pros and cons. The AR-50 is pretty awesome from what I’ve read. I don’t see anyone using the carbines which is kind of sad. The sidearms seem nice but not as nice as the Tormentor.

In CZs the SMGs are far more effective, IMO, than the normal rifles. Most of the combat is close range and the TTK is quicker.

I'd be interested to know if a G5 AR-50 with Head Shot Damage could 1-hit kill an unshielded scavenger (when shot in the head obviously). However, looking at the stats I think the answer will be no.

Here is the headshot mod.
It adds 50% damage to headshots.

Thanks. Using your earlier example, that would take the damage to a g5 dominator from 2 to 3 per hit. Then it comes down to how fast you hit.

In CZs the SMGs are far more effective, IMO, than the normal rifles. Most of the combat is close range and the TTK is quicker.

I’m thinking that when reinforcements are dropped off and you have that nice bunching of enemies, the laser carbine might be able to spray and pray their shields down. Same if you get lucky with a shield disruptor and can hose down a bunch of enemies with kinetic. For plasma weapons it’s always one kill at a time.

Thanks. Using your earlier example, that would take the damage to a g5 dominator from 2 to 3 per hit. Then it comes down to how fast you hit.
I do not have g4 or g5 Aphelion but my guesstimate is 4.5 dmg per shot 5.7 shots per second.
4.5*1.5*5.7*0.2 = 7.7 dmg to g5 dominator armor per second. Ok, I think that would NOT work. You better invest in fast handling and switch weapon after the shield drops.

I’m thinking that when reinforcements are dropped off and you have that nice bunching of enemies, the laser carbine might be able to spray and pray their shields down. Same if you get lucky with a shield disruptor and can hose down a bunch of enemies with kinetic. For plasma weapons it’s always one kill at a time.

The spread isn’t really wide enough for that and each shot’s damage is lower than the rifles.

Essentially you need a clip of laser to take down an enemy’s shields, whether that’s with a rifle or SMG. It’s more about your preferred play style.

So is greater range useful for the launcher since it does explode damage?

Greater range increases the falloff range. Does the rocket launcher have a falloff range? I don’t know off the top of my head. If we’re lucky, it could increase the range of the explosion.

Even slow firing weapons have recoil and aiming variance, the latter shown by very faint lines around the aiming reticle. It really comes down to how quickly you want to fire, and if you can fire again before the recoil animation is resolved at base. A Tormentor can fire that quickly, so using Stability means you can snap fire two well aimed shots. Ydiss has a video of Hip Accuracy on an Executioner earlier in this thread that shows its usefulness.

I do not have g4 or g5 Aphelion but my guesstimate is 4.5 dmg per shot 5.7 shots per second.
4.5*1.5*5.7*0.2 = 7.7 dmg to g5 dominator armor per second. Ok, I think that would NOT work. You better invest in fast handling and switch weapon after the shield drops.

Yeah. With the thermal resistances as high as they are, I agree that trying to multitask with a thermal weapon is probably futile right now.

I’ve heard from a source that I trust that the AR-50 is acceptable against shields at g5 (and murderous against meat), so there’s some utility there.

Yeah. With the thermal resistances as high as they are, I agree that trying to multitask with a thermal weapon is probably futile right now.

I’ve heard from a source that I trust that the AR-50 is acceptable against shields at g5 (and murderous against meat), so there’s some utility there.

For what is worth:
  • my G5 Maverick has the following resists: 19% Kinetic, 75% Laser, 45% Plasma, 50% Explosive
  • my G5 Dominator (with Damage Resist mod) has: 32% Kinetic, 82% Laser: 55% Plasma, 55% Explosive
Edit: Scavengers fall pretty quick to the G5 Aphelion (if i get those headshots).

TK_Aphelion_G5.jpg

Scavengers are not very high level. For most of the missions on foot TK Aphelion will work for armor. But if you see those high ranked military NPCs that are in some high security settlements which are similar to the one in High CZ you better switch weapons with fast handling.

Scavengers are not very high level. For most of the missions on foot TK Aphelion will work for armor. But if you see those high ranked military NPCs that are in some high security settlements which are similar to the one in High CZ you better switch weapons with fast handling.

Indeed, so that Aphelion will probably get Scope, Fast Handling and either Range or Stability
Then it will make a nice pair to a L-6 with Magazine Size, Fast Handling and Stowed Reloading

I'm just curious, how many hitpoint have the higher ranking military npc?
I managed to get myself cornered in the PWR building of an Anarchy HighSec Military settlement and eventually i got overwhelmed by them, some taking 2 G5 tormentor shots to get killed (with shields down ofc)

Someone said all suits have 30 HP but I never seen information in game or some tests done to prove this.

That would put my Dom mentioned above at 55 HP vs a laser weapon and 47 vs a plasma weapon.
Which would mean they will take 3 shots from my G5 Tormentor. Which doesnt happened yet so they dont have G5 Dominators with Damage resists :D
It would also mean half of a G5 Aphelion magazine with no missed shots to kill an unshielded top notch Military NPC

But it could mean they dont have G5 suits, but only G3 or maybe G4.
Which makes me wonder? Do NPC have access to engineers or they simply hunt for G3 stuff on Thursday like us, ordinary mortals?

Quick question folks - I picked up a G3 Karma P-15 with Audio Masking. Looks like taking it to G4 gives it just over 4.1 damage.

Anyone know the damage for a G5? Also how many shots you could take down an unshielded guard/scavenger? At the moment their shields go up before you've taken them out, then the alarm is raised.

Thinking that adding Head Shot modification would help if you could land the first shot on their coconut.

Basically wondering if the a G5 Audio Masked Head Shot Damage would be a decent stealth & assassination weapon.

Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom