The Official Explorers Photography Thread.

some shots from this eve....
Look left... Look right...

Dual Nebula

On the way in...

SRV work...

Kryptikal Envelopment. Down for the night.

Doesn't dust or fog still need to be suspended in an atmosphere?
If there are low enough Gs, warming periods, tidal forces, or something along those lines, it could be slowly venting off, but yeah, generally speaking.
It can also be suspended by magnetic or electrostatic forces, in a low-G environment, but it tends to be rather sparse. You're more likely to see some haze from out-gassing. Some worlds can sublimate gases from the surface during the day, which will refreeze at night, etc. The pressure might be so low that it's hardly worth considering it an atmosphere.

ED takes this into account a little bit. Some worlds will have day/night changes in the haze. Also the landable "airless" worlds can have some surface pressure. The highest on record currently is Outorst QO-G b12-0 A 2, a Rocky Ice world with 0.000986922 earth atmospheres of pressure.

The highest on record currently is Outorst QO-G b12-0 A 2, a Rocky Ice world with 0.000986922 earth atmospheres of pressure
Wow. That's a surprise. I was sure all landables with "No atmosphere" parameter had zero pressure.

You're more likely to see some haze from out-gassing
Actually, the most obvious example from our own real-world system is comets. They can have visible "fog" from out-gassing, but definitely have no "atmosphere" in the usual meaning of this word.

Last edited:
Just a shot of when I went as far above the plane as I could from SagA* directly upward.

View attachment 135569

Looks suspiciously like

;)
My photo was taken from Goliath's Rest, not from the core, and anyway, that other photo there is not mine. I never take photos in supercruise because thrusters aren't burning and it seems the ship is not moving.

Top Bottom