The Official Explorers Photography Thread.

A few "Odd Balls" from my current voyage
oEK3Uti.jpg

Hi, I'm new on the forums, although I've been playing the game for a long time. I like space and am not a social gamer and so Elite is perfect for me. :) But I was on cmdr highwaywarrior's twitch stream last night (@kaleeber) and was inspired by how great this community is and that I should try to participate some more. I'm looking forward to joining the stream on Saturday to see the heroic rescue of cmdr deluvian!

Here are some photos from the current leg of my journey down the Norma Arm. There's been some neat things out here, including my first black hole. I also got my feet wet with neutron star boosting, which was fun but to me largely unnecessary since I'm not trying to get anywhere in particular. I like to see everything at 100%. This is my first trip this far away from the bubble. I think I'll follow the arm for a while and then head inward to visit Sag. A. I'm not sure if I'll continue after that. I saw highwaywarrior's cutter and thought, well, maybe I'll head back and grind some empire rep, haha. I am currently in the Asp Explorer which is obviously a great companion, but I admit that I wish the inside could be polished up and made sleek. How about a dedicated explorer from Gutamaya as a compromise? :) I do wonder if I'd even like the Cutter. I found the Anaconda difficult to enjoy and it's only 400t. But I digress!

One thing I have noticed is that the skybox out here is very strange. It changes constantly and dramatically, one system to the next. Sometimes it's filled with dense stars, sometimes it's almost entirely black. Sometimes it looks normal. Then sometimes there are dense stars but only along very rigid lines which then cut to blackness. I can't seem to come up with an explanation.

RwjOw0j.png

jMhLx1T.png

RNtBWOl.png

DS33lbr.png

Sw9MQOp.png

Hi, I'm new on the forums, although I've been playing the game for a long time. I like space and am not a social gamer and so Elite is perfect for me. :) But I was on cmdr highwaywarrior's twitch stream last night (@kaleeber) and was inspired by how great this community is and that I should try to participate some more. I'm looking forward to joining the stream on Saturday to see the heroic rescue of cmdr deluvian!

Hiya! Some terrific photos, thanks for joining the forums and sharing those here. I was on highwaywarrior's stream most of today ... it's really quite extraordinary what's happening over there. This one long range rescue has really caught people's imagination and is hitting the press all over the world. There were around 1000 viewers all day, just watching a ship supercruising out into the black, eveyone asking about the game and the rescue and the Fuel Rats ... at least two people rushed off, bought the game and were reporting back in chat later to say they'd managed to land and were loving it. Highly recommended, the ED community at its best.

https://www.twitch.tv/highwaywarrior

Last edited:
Spiders, or Space Madness?

knuckle bones. Or jacks, google knows :)

Its a game.

Edit: You know what? Sometimes i look at these things on google and i almost feel as if im walking in the footsteps of the devs. Here is lady gaga dressed as one. Actual jacks are more like your picture....

vn5Owcw.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom