The official origin of Thargoids!!!!!

Greetings Commanders,

It has been bugging me for AGES, the fact that I have heard the term before, so , for months now, i have been trolling through the internet, trying to find the original reference for "Thargoids", and I think I have found it, believe it or not, the earliest reference on tv was in 1978, yes, that's right, 1978, and i was a 10 year old boy, with dreams created from such titles a Dr Who, Star Trek, 1999, Captain Scarlet, I could go on, but, it was in these deepest darkest recesses of my mind, that i remembered just one favorite , completely inappropriate and politically absurd tv show, on, of all channels, the BBC!.
The show was " The Kenny Everett Radio Show", for all you youngsters out there, below is a link, to all the madness, and animation of 1978, it was cool at the time, so the character is Captain Kremmen, and he is charged with saving the world......from Thargoids, anyway, enjoy commanders, o7!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyjKPbkkW9k&t=177s

Last edited:
i had to have a read of this coz i remember the show on TV (re-run) looking in to it a little deeper it seems Captain Kremmen's First Appearance was "The Thargoids Try to Steal Kremmen's Brain" (Capital One Radio, 1971) info found here (http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/c/captainkremmen.htm) if you search you can find most of the recordings of the radio show on the net, if this is indeed where DB got some ideas from it might be worth listening to some of those.

Personally i gave up playing a while ago but i am still interested in how things are progressing with the thargoids.

i had to have a read of this coz i remember the show on TV (re-run) looking in to it a little deeper it seems Captain Kremmen's First Appearance was "The Thargoids Try to Steal Kremmen's Brain" (Capital One Radio, 1971) info found here (http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/c/captainkremmen.htm) if you search you can find most of the recordings of the radio show on the net, if this is indeed where DB got some ideas from it might be worth listening to some of those.

Personally i gave up playing a while ago but i am still interested in how things are progressing with the thargoids.

Wow, I will go and have a listen, thanks cmdr, I loved Kenny, he was, for the time, wildly funny, and completely bonkers, and well, anti everything, an inspiration for this prepubescent scifi nut!!!
Peace cmdr, o7!

you are more than welcome cmdr.

Kenny bless him was one of the all time best multi faceted comedians, always sticking his finger up at pretty much everyone in power [haha]

If you do listen to those recordings I hope you find something in them i really do, good luck Cmdr and fly safe o7

Unbelievable!!!!
How can someone survive watching such a bad TV-show? [haha]
Maybe i'm just born in the wrong time for that sort of "entertainment" :D

Anyways, a surprising find and rep for that

Last edited:
Unbelievable!!!!
How can someone survive watching such a bad TV-show? [haha]
Maybe i'm just born in the wrong time for that sort of "entertainment" :D

Anyways, a surprising find and rep for that

If you can't understand the 70's, then the 60's would have been even more "alien"!
[h=1]"Turn on, tune in, drop out".[/h]

I think this was known about back in the Oolite days. But it makes sense. Kenny Everett, Benny Hill and the like were on telly when DB would have been in his late teens I guess.

But let's ask the man himself... no not that one. This one... @CaptainKremmen?

Last edited:
Top Bottom