The One Hour Challenge

Here's a competition challenge for players, YouTubers (Kerrash, ObsidianAnt, Vindicator Jones, Isinona, ChaosWullf, Scott Manley, Kornelius Briedis, et al,) livestreamers, and this maybe a livestream suggestion for Ed as well.

The Rules:

Reset your position to begin the game with a Sidewinder and 1,000 credits. You need to make as many credits as possible in the first hour of play by whatever method you want to pursue. Missions, trading, bounty hunting, smuggling, scavenging, you choose.

Contest time starts from hitting the launch button. After 60 minutes of elapsed time, whatever your Total Assets value is in stats will be your entry.

The reward - Bragging rights, Bards will compose songs with your name, same sex players will despise you, opposite sex players will desire you. OK, and I'll gift you any three paint jobs or jump suits of your choice. [yesnod]

The deadline - Dec 1st, 2017.

Video proof of your efforts would be preferred. Enter via posting in this thread.

CMDR NAME - ASSET VALUE - DATE

1. Allitnil - 3,201,088 - 20 Oct 3303

2. Jhyrryl - 344,220 - 19 Oct 3303

3. DARKFYRE99 - 213,224 - 14 Oct 3303

4. KERRASH - 147,730 - 14 Oct 3303

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Awesome idea, well done Shadragon. I'm tempted to reset my second account, but I know I wouldn't place near the top as I always end up meandering in this game no matter how "focused" I am :D

It will be really interesting to hear old players perspective on what the start of the game is like now. I expect many "in my day..." :p

1) Reset CMDR
2) Take mission in starter system
3) Realise no longer have jump range to complete mission
4) Post question on forums
5) Wait...
6) End of hour
7) Realise I reset my CMDR for this lousy challenge and rage-quit :eek:

I spend too long in the newcomers forum ;) If I had a second acct I might try it, though 1 hour is quite short...

I've got an alt* alt** alt*** account that hasn't even logged into the launcher, can I use that instead of resetting my triple elite king admiral king main account?
*First alt is a storekeeper with modular terminals and other engineering commodoties
**Second alt account was railroaded to battle conda to go to colonia to protect my player group's endeavours out there - they never entered the colonia expansion initiative so I never put said CMDR out of the bubble
*** Third alt account was because I bought the full horizons beta access on preorder, then inadvertently bought another copy of the base game in a sale thinking I needed it - still need to upgrade that one to horizons, no rush though as it hasn't even logged into the launcher.

I can't remember what I had earned on my Ironman CMDR after an hour, I do know I got the iCutter license after 4 days and 20 hours, though. Without board flipping, engineers and all in Open. Not that this is hard to beat with the new mission spam we have since 2.4. I guess the Cutter permit would be achievable in 1-2 days now, using the same restrictions. :D

If I could start an ALT account, I would give this a go, but no way in hell I am resetting 4 billion credits worth of progress!!! lol

Perhaps what commanders can do is go to a starter system, take note of their balance, Buy a stock sidewinder, and only spend 1000cr on it, and anything you make within that hour.

Time to get my PS4 account I guess...

Can I suggest one "rule" as well?

No modeswitching or logging in/out? It'll make a big difference...

Last edited:
I probably won't be taking part (reset my save? brrrrr, sends chills down my spine just thinking about it) but a quick question .... can people get other players to teabag them loads of valuable commodities?

Also, anyone looking for another challenge, check out the latest Buckyball race in my signature, runs until Sunday.

No modeswitching or logging in/out? It'll make a big difference...
That is perfectly legal to do under the ToS so I can't rule it out. What you do before hitting launch is up to you. Then the timer starts.

Same with doing this in Solo, PG or Open. I didn't want to restrict things too much, simply because I'm in no position to oversee this.

If I could start an ALT account, I would give this a go, but no way in hell I am resetting 4 billion credits worth of progress!!! lol

Perhaps what commanders can do is go to a starter system, take note of their balance, Buy a stock sidewinder, and only spend 1000cr on it, and anything you make within that hour.
Oh c'mon. 4 billion is what? Two or three Sothis / Ceos runs? :p :D

The issue with your sugg is that sub-faction rep plays a role (few people immediately leave the starter systems and do one or two missions which will affect their rep) and there are bonuses starting players get (10K, I think for first mission completion.) It's to keep things equal across the board.

Reset my account?
No thanks. Elite is the grindiest game I've every owned, and I'm not about to undo all that hard work.

tumblr_njzrzaICmG1s3h43ko1_500.gif

If I did this, I would simply buy a new account to do it. There's no way I'd do it with either of my PC accounts or even my Xbox account.

Come to think of it, I recall that my XBox One account started me out with 100,000 credits instead of 1000 credits. I almost immediately bought a hauler as I recall. If that still happens, are XBox One users allowed in the competition?

I do like this challenge though! What I'd really like to see is someone go back in time and take this challege three years ago! I bet they wouldn't get nearly as far as they can today!

Last edited:
Here's a competition challenge for players, YouTubers (ObsidianAnt, Vindicator Jones, Isinona, ChaosWullf, Scott Manley, Kornelius Briedis, et al,) livestreamers, and this maybe a livestream suggestion for Ed as well.

The Rules:

Reset your position to begin the game with a Sidewinder and 1,000 credits. You need to make as many credits as possible in the first hour of play by whatever method you want to pursue. Missions, trading, bounty hunting, smuggling, scavenging, you choose.

Contest time starts from hitting the launch button. After 60 minutes of elapsed time, whatever your Total Assets value is in stats will be your entry.

The reward - Bragging rights, Bards will compose songs with your name, same sex players will despise you, opposite sex players will desire you. OK, and I'll gift you any three paint jobs or jump suits of your choice. [yesnod]

The deadline - Dec 1st, 2017.

Video proof of your efforts would be preferred. Enter via posting in this thread.

CMDR NAME - ASSET VALUE - DATE

...where's Kornelius? :(

Top Bottom