The one missing coaster type I would like to see

Let me start by saying that I bought the game in Alpha and I have never regretted that decision. The attention to detail and especially the sound design are second-to-none, and I will readily admit that I will sometimes open up one of my parks and just sit there and watch it run.

Now, the one thing I was hoping for in the Vintage Pack (or maybe in the corresponding free update) was the addition of the 4-seat PTC wooden coaster trains (for those that don't know what I'm talking about, these trains are the same as the 6-seat wooden trains that we have now, just with 2 rows of seats instead of three). So many wooden roller coasters run these trains, and I have often found myself building a wooden coaster and then realizing that it would be way too twisty to actually run the huge 6-seat trains that we have now.

So please, devs, I know that you like adding the more unique coaster types, but I really think that it is a crying shame that this awesome game doesn't have the venerable 2-bench PTC wooden coaster train.

Photo for those visual people like me:

TheVoyage-end-e1485358869793.jpg

A Schwarzkopf wouldn't be a bad idea either [wink]

I know quite a few people that would enjoy a 4-seater PTC wood coaster (myself included), but I don't think it's very likely to happen anytime soon. However, if they do add it, I hope they give it the steel support structure (colorable) that a lot of the Gravity Group woodies have. (Also, it'd be nice if they gave us these steel supports along with the normal wooden supports as custom support scenery objects; alongside the ability to keep catwalks when you disable supports on wood coasters)

I totally agree that the addition of custom support pieces for the wooden coasters would be awesome. I was hoping that the Wooden Wild Mouse supports that we got in the Vintage Pack would work for normal wooden coasters, but they're just a tiny bit too small (and they're grid based).

Would also like to see the four seater!

However, The one type of coaster I would really like to see is the Virginia Reel.

i really like to see B. A. Schiff Wild Mouse coaster in the next update for Planet Coaster with real steel track, real wooden supports, and real Schiff's Wild Mouse cars.

Great suggestion! It's already on my personal wish list - after Schwarzkopf coasters, of course!

I would also like to see the current wood coaster train have options for "buzz bars," headrest removal... and lose the seat dividers, too!

A full suite of classic wood coaster trains would be so awesome: classic Vettle trains, NAD trains, classic Prior & Church trains (very close to GCI, but those tight lap bars and seat dividers gotta go!).

I just started the game a little over a month ago and am completely blown away at how awesome it is. Personally, I'm more than happy to shell out extra $$$ for the add-ons and future available coasters/coaster trains and hopefully plenty of more "flat rides" as well.

The current "Coney" 4- bench train is excellent. When I saw that last month, I hopped up and purchased the game. As awesome as it is (please don't take this as a complaint), I would love to see the option for a fresh paint job on the train. Personally not a fan of the "distressed" or "worn" look.

This is going to sound particularly snobby (but not meant that way!): when the game came out 2 years ago, I didn't buy it because it had no Schwarzkopf coasters. Crazy, huh!? I'm glad I have it now. The Octopus ride included... to me that is a tease as this particular Octopus looks like a Schwarzkopf model; you can tell by the "fish lips" on the cars. Love it!

Cyclone at Lakeside Park in Denver, Colorado. This is a classic Vettel train. For anyone who hasn't ridden in these trains, it's like a dream!

lakeside-amusement-park1.jpg

Coney Island Tornado train. Very similar to GCI trains but a simple single-position lap bar and no seat dividers. Also rides like a dream!
maxresdefault.jpg

This is going to sound particularly snobby (but not meant that way!): when the game came out 2 years ago, I didn't buy it because it had no Schwarzkopf coasters. Crazy, huh!? I'm glad I have it now. The Octopus ride included... to me that is a tease as this particular Octopus looks like a Schwarzkopf model; you can tell by the "fish lips" on the cars. Love it!
]
I´m totally with you concerning the absence of Schwarzkopf rides. It´s actually unacceptable to omit the most iconic and most influential coaster designs that ever existed.

But a slight correction: The Octopus model in the game is not (fully) designed after the Schwarzkopf model, but the Dutch predeccosr by Bakker. Those iconic fish-lip cars were built by Ihle and Klaus and were mostly mostly used on these rides. In the ealrly days the gondolas did not rotate.
The Schwarzkopf models started with similar, but less bulky fish-inspired cars. Schwarzopf did however add the rotating cars (Monster 3). The later and larger Schwarzkopf models used cars that looked like a two-seater version of their Looping Coaster cars.
Some examples here: https://www.kirmesforum.de/threads/ist-das-ein-schwarzkopf-monster-i.18708/

I'm surprised to find someone who knows more about Schwarzkopfs than I do! Granted, my favorite manufacturer is Arrow, but Anton Schwarzkopf's contributions should not be forgotten.

I agree with @Schwarzkopf, it would be nice to have more variety in the wooden coasters. Though, to be honest, the main reason I want the 4-seat trains is because we don't have any middle ground in train sizes. We have the big 6- and 8-seat trains for the classic Out-and-Back style coasters, and we have the Millennium Flyers for the twisty GCI style coasters, but nothing in between. I also just got back from Silverwood in northern Idaho, and I'm kind of bummed that I can't re-create their two custom wooden coasters in-game. I would also be perfectly happy if we got a "Coasters" DLC (although, honestly, the game should have most of the rides found in RCT3 by now).

^I also don't find many folks that know more about Schwarzkopf than me! Thanks for the explanation tricktrack.

Those 2 seater cars you speak of on the Schwarzkopf Polyp... we have one here at my home park Six Flags Great America (Gurnee, IL) and they let 3 ride if they can fit! The good thing about the old Schwarzkopf seats (also on our Fiddler's Fling/Calypso) is there are no seat dividers. Theoretically, our Lobster ride can carry up to 75 passengers!

^I also don't find many folks that know more about Schwarzkopf than me! Thanks for the explanation tricktrack.

Those 2 seater cars you speak of on the Schwarzkopf Polyp... we have one here at my home park Six Flags Great America (Gurnee, IL) and they let 3 ride if they can fit! The good thing about the old Schwarzkopf seats (also on our Fiddler's Fling/Calypso) is there are no seat dividers. Theoretically, our Lobster ride can carry up to 75 passengers!

I was obsessed by coasters and flat-rides since I was 5 (which was in the early 70´s...yes, I´m that old). When I was 10 there was the German equivalent of IAAPA in my town to which I went. There I grabbed a Schwarzkopf catalogue which anchored my obsession with knowledge.

Yes, the lack of seat dividers and an undivided lap-bar is great. You can really "rock" a ride on the Monster when you sit alone in your car and throw yourself from left to right...your car will spin out of contrl.
Schwarzkopf used the non-divided bars on his early non-inverting coasters as well. Alpina Bahn has a non divided lap-bar to this day, and since the ride was designed in the pre-CAD era, you´ll likely to get in very close contact with your riding partner.

Don't know if the site's still up, but one of the places I used to frequent on the Internet was schwarzkopf.coaster.net. I spent many hours looking at some of the pictures on there.

Edit: Just checked, looks like it redirects to rcdb now. :(

Alpina Bahn has a non divided lap-bar to this day, and since the ride was designed in the pre-CAD era, you´ll likely to get in very close contact with your riding partner.

That is so excellent, I didn't know that about Alpina Bahn, which happens to be in my top 5 "must ride" coasters I haven't got to yet. Even on stuff like Mind Bender in Georgia (my #1 steel coaster, still...) you get a good dose of laterals; I couldn't imagine how awesome it would be with a single lap bar for both riders. Have you ever seen the pictures of Mind Bender when it had 3 headrests pushed together for 2 people? I think it was the earlier (70s) Schwarzkopf headrest (narrow, with a slight lean forward) - to make sure people didn't get their head jerked back between those headrests during the "horizontal loop." They have the very nice wider/tapered headrests on it now, with an occasional PTC-style "Volvo" headrest thrown in here and there. (I guess I should get back on topic, sorry guys! This stuff is exciting to talk about!)

I hate to reply to this thread so late, but I just thought of something...The four-seat PTC trains are already in the game-they just have one more row of seats than they need! Since the six-seat trains that we already have are basically the same as the four-seat trains in terms of style (I mean, they are both made by PTC), it should be pretty simple to just modify the model to have one less row of seats, right?

So that brings up the question: if the modeling work is basically done already, why aren't these trains in-game yet? Did Frontier just forget that this type of coaster exists? I would really like to know if there's some kind of technical snafu keeping these trains from appearing in-game.

So that brings up the question: if the modeling work is basically done already, why aren't these trains in-game yet?

Everything can't be in the game at once. These new parts and rides take time and money; I suspect it's much more complicated than I would think. The 4 bench wooden trains is what really made me buy the game on-the-spot. Previously, it was a lack of a Schwarzkopf coaster that kept me from buying the game. I would love to see one, two and three bench traditional wooden coaster trains (one single-position lap bar, NO seat divider/NO headrests)... as well as a more "clean looking" 4 bench train (without the worn look), but these things take time. If the people who are in charge of the game know there is a demand for such things, then it would seem eventually we would get that stuff. Things take time and money $$$. I'm willing to pay for this stuff, it's totally worth it. The price for the full game, with out extra packages, is already a steal.

I cost me $10.99 to add on the package with the classic 4-bench train and some great old rides. Again, total steal.

Did Frontier just forget that this type of coaster exists? I would really like to know if there's some kind of technical snafu keeping these trains from appearing in-game.
I'm sure they are well aware of these types/trains, as well as 100s of other rides and coasters that aren't in the game. If we ask nicely, and are willing to pay for what it costs to get it all done, I think we'll continue to see new stuff. More classic stuff with options, new stuff, improvements... (And those Schwarzkopf coasters, of course).

Top Bottom