The Paintjob on my Federal Gunship won’t load completely.

I noticed the same (same ship and paint job combo) and it used to be fine before. One of the most recent patches introduced it.
Yeah, but why though. What did they do to mess this up. They for sure didn’t try to fix the discolored hardpoint cover on top.

Also, a fellow man of culture, I see

Yeah, sorry. I meant to add a picture originally, but I guess I didn’t.

View attachment 132264

Looking at that picture, I can see that the intake on the right-hand side of the picture has no paint on it, the hardpoint cover has no paint on it and, unless I'm mistaken, it looks like the panel under the canopy has no paint on it either... and the rear section of the canopy, itself, seems to be having some issues too.

Have you tried applyng a different paint-job - even the stock one - to see if it also has similar problems?

If my PC started doing stuff like that with textures, my first thought would be that the gfx card was overheating and/or was on it's way out, I'm afraid.

Looking at that picture, I can see that the intake on the right-hand side of the picture has no paint on it, the hardpoint cover has no paint on it and, unless I'm mistaken, it looks like the panel under the canopy has no paint on it either... and the rear section of the canopy, itself, seems to be having some issues too.

Have you tried applyng a different paint-job - even the stock one - to see if it also has similar problems?

If my PC started doing stuff like that with textures, my first thought would be that the gfx card was overheating and/or was on it's way out, I'm afraid.
The intake and hardpoint covers are supposed to be grey. the only thing missing paint it that panel. An it’s a problem with how the pattern modeled. The stock one works because it’s the same grey, but any other solid coler pattern won’t work

I bought the tactical packs for all my CD ships, but when I got around to putting the livery on my Gunship, I noticed that the left front panel won’t change paint. It bothers me because I don’t know if it’s intentional or not. If it is intentional, that’s ** and doesn’t make sense. If it’s not intentional, I can’t find a way to fix it. I haven’t seen anything where someone else had this problem. Please help.
Just to cover all bases, check your drivers are up to date. It's the first thing support would ask you.

The FGS is one of my favourites too, mine are all yellow with green lasers.

I've checked mine and it seems fine. I changed it to other colours in the same pack I have (vibrant paints) and the other colours work fine. None show the missed panel that OP has

Deleted member 182079

D
Yeah, but why though. What did they do to mess this up. They for sure didn’t try to fix the discolored hardpoint cover on top.

Also, a fellow man of culture, I see
I had a closer look via the external camera and it looks to me like some messed up geometry sitting on top of the actual body around that corner of the ship. I presume they tried to fix something else and this was the unintentional side effect of that.

It's sloppy no doubt, but given this may impact sales (especially since it's the front right corner which does show up during the preview in game) I reckon they'll fix it reasonably swiftly.

It's aaalive.
Almost a year later and what do you know, I just stumbled upon this issue.
Do you guys managed to find a workaround it, or has FDev still not fixed it?
I really suspect it never got looked at since it was noticed. That grey area on the front left of the ship.... messy/shoddy work of a paintjob.
Come on Fdev, kill it with fire and be done with it. Please.

Top Bottom