The Pirating of Col 70 Sector

**INCOMING MISSION CRITICAL MESSAGE**

Hello fellow Commanders!

I am Histarium, a nickname before you ask and no I wont spell out my full name, you'll likely not be able to pronounce it anyways. If Histarium doesnt work for you, I also go by Hikka in my home system.
Anyways, enough with the introductions, lets get down to business. I come before you today to hopefully gain supporters for my current efforts. I am an Explorer by trade, but For to long have I stared at these systems my Frame Shift Drive refuses to let me into. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe it to be the work of those who build them. As a once ancient earthen song once said "Take my land, take my love, but you cant take the sky from me."

I believe that Col 70 Sector, locked off by the Sirius Corporation, holds possible secret technologies that Sirius Coporation has no right to keep from the galaxy. Who knows, Perhaps the reason the thargoids have showed up in recent months is a connection, perhaps it is not. However, I feel that Someone needs to find out. Thus, I am that someone, and this is my recruitment of you. Yes, you. I need you, any able bodied pilot, to help me find and take whats hidden from us! I've not much love for Pirates, its why I love being an explorer, free and open systems with nothing else but the stars and you. Yet, drastic times call for drastic measures. Its time we find out just exactly goes on in these systems we just simply are not allowed to get into!

If you wish to join me, and I hope you do, I will, from here on, base myself out of the Witch Head Nebula. HIP 23759 to be exact. Should you wish to join me in taking back what science and technology should rightfully be ours, you'll find me there. I wont turn away help. Even if all you can afford to fly is a Sidewinder, the more ships we have under us, the better we can hit any traffic coming in and out of these permit locked regions!

Best Regards and Fly Safe,
Captain Histarium of DDG-27 Barghest The Destroyer

**END TRANSMISSION**

TL;DR(Non-RP Text): I am looking for help on a little "Science" project. AKA Operation Scientists With Guns. Back when the first UA's were found, they were found by Pilots who had hit a Convoy USS. Perhaps more can be found from doing this near Col 70 Sector, as we now have a base very close to this region! Perhaps we will find something, but maybe we wont! I hope that you help support me into finding out more about Sirius Corporation and Thargoids, and how it all connects together!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A discord link should you wish to join ---> https://discord.gg/J5rsW2t

Live Streaming on Friday and possible Saturday Nights! --- > https://www.twitch.tv/histarium

Current Objectives:

- To find Convoys coming from or going to Col 70 Sector, Cutting off those supplies or materials returning to the bubble.
- Find a possible way around the Permit Lock placed by the Pilots Federation. (wake scanning ships once a convoy is found?)
- To gain supporters to hit Wreaken Construction and Mining sites, either in the bubble or near Col 70 Sector.
- Protect/Steal/Disperse of technology/knowledge/ or science being kept from the galaxy.
- To survey and gain intel of the regions surrounding Col 70
- Test USS's asking for fuel, and see where they warp off to.
- look into MetaDrive Inc and "Wake Suppression" Technologies.
- Find supply lines to help keep the long term engagement going.
- Blockade of Wreaken Ships in Ega, Jurati, and Dyavata. As well as Sirius Corporation vessels in Sirius, Procyon, Luyten's Star, Avik, Te Kaha, Hip 8396, Takurua, Almagest, Ceos, and Sothis.
Forward Operating Bases:[/SIZE]

HIP 23579 (Witch Head Science Centre) No Outfiting/No Shipyard/ No Blackmark. Has Refueling and Repair

PMD2009 48 (Orion Tourist Centre) Has Blackmark, Outfitting, and Shipyard.

- Use EZ Aquarii for Refuel/resupply when near Sol.

NEWS UPDATES:

(5/5/3303)
- A letter has been sent to Wreaken Construction and Sirius Corp Security Officals, https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...Corporation-and-Wreaken-Construction-Security
It outlines Ghost of COL 70's demands as well as threats towards Sirius Corp if they do not at least try to enter negotiations with this group.

- Dr. Ashcroft has mentioned the Ghosts of COL 70 after the news that Wreaken Construction moved out of the Wille System

Last edited:
HIP 23759 has a base? Assuming that is the case, I will head out there later on today; could do with a change of scenery. Need to do a little more engineering first, I think.

I am taking a break from this game, I'm sickened by recent events in game and in the metagame. However HIP 23759 does have a base, an asteroid base, which means no ship yard nor outfitting. For this endeavour you'll need to take up a pirating ship with you and it has no black market either so you'll need to come back to the bubble to offload your wares. I've got a seriously sharp engineered clipper I might take out there and give you guys a hand if / when I come back.

https://eddb.io/station/66279

If there's no shipyard then I'll be in my AspX (don't fancy doing the journey in the Python or Courier!). I'm just going to do some Quince missions then I'll head over to the asteroid base. I've only been to one of those, so will be nice to see another.

My AspX is equipped for mild combat, but won't stand up to anything too serious I shouldn't think.

Heck yeah, I am convinced Sirius is behind most of the shady goings on in this game, and are directly related to the appearance of the "alien" ships. I just picked up my Python and I'm planning on heading out to Maia first to check out some of the distress calls. From there I'll be heading Col 70-wards

Now that I have everyone's attention. Here is the plan. I'll need a few roles filled.

USS Convoy Hunters: hit any convoy you find in and around witch head nebula. If you want to pirate even if they don't have good stuff, go for it. I want to shake up the area.

Explorers: I'd like to test the area, how big is col 70 sector, is there any unlocked systems, do USS's or npcs show up in systems near col 70 sector. Is there wreaken construction npcs that go through this area anywhere. Those are the questions I need answered.

Scientists : is there a way to gain access, who is Xeno Research Group, are they an affiliate to Sirius? How can we influence or not influence col 70 and Sirius.

These are the things I need done, if you fancy and don't want to bother going to witch head, people can start pirating wreaken and Sirius Corp ships in the bubble too

I've normally not bothered about anything like this but I've just dragged my Python out there. It's an armed explorer setup I suppose, so I'll take a poke around the edges of the Col 70 sector, and should be able to attack any interesting NPCs (although I've just got myself carelessly blown up in a res in HIP 23759, so don't count on me for anything requiring combat prowess!)

I've normally not bothered about anything like this but I've just dragged my Python out there. It's an armed explorer setup I suppose, so I'll take a poke around the edges of the Col 70 sector, and should be able to attack any interesting NPCs (although I've just got myself carelessly blown up in a res in HIP 23759, so don't count on me for anything requiring combat prowess!)

Thats no good! Once i get some cash amassed again from things, Perhaps I'll be able to throw gold at people who lose their ships. Atleast for the rebuy, so they dont have to lose those credits.

Thats no good! Once i get some cash amassed again from things, Perhaps I'll be able to throw gold at people who lose their ships. Atleast for the rebuy, so they dont have to lose those credits.

Nah, it was my own fault for being careless and stupid, should've noticed the Federal Gunships in the NPC wing, no excuse for not paying that sort of attention.

I'll get an explorer/combat vessel kitted out tomorrow and come join you all out there - I'm still pew pewing for the community goal at the moment but will be done with that shortly. It'll take me forever to decide which ship to take too! (I'm tempted to try out an Asp Scout for this job and see how it goes - I've not spent much time in one of those yet and it seems well suited for the jobs the OP has listed)

Last edited:
I've just arrived. If anyone wants to go USS hunting, I'm happy to try that for a bit. In the meantime I'll do some exploring, as it seems that there aren't any missions available at Witch Head Science Centre.

half way there ;-)

I'm in HIP 27986. Its the last populated system I can find on the route. I've transferred the Python to make the journey a bit easier. I'll park up the DBX and continue shortly.

I'm in HIP 27986. Its the last populated system I can find on the route. I've transferred the Python to make the journey a bit easier.

Ah, now that's not a bad idea - how far is that from HIP 23759? I could head back there and transfer my Python too. Only reason I didn't bring it was the 1000Ly journey.

If there is no outfitting or shipyard out there, be doubly sure to take a bunch of limpets.

Nothing sadder than a Pirate with no limpets.

Top Bottom