Gravity: 0.07G
Radius: 283 km
Approximate distance travelled: 1850 km
Start & End point: 90/180 & 90/0. Circumnavigation -
Heading South: Longitude 180.
Heading North: Longitude 0.
Start/finish date: 17.11.3306 / 22.11.3306
Time taken: 25.5h
Evidence: Time-stamped location photos uploaded to PCC Discord.

A couple of new ongoing planetary circumnavigations to report on.

First, on the 19th December Cmdr Alvin Wall started circumnavigating Potrigua 2 a (a very beautiful looking place with some quite interesting terrain).

And second, on the 21st December Cmdr @sgurr started circumnavigating Pomeche 2 c ... yes, you read that right ... POMECHE 2 C!!!! (an extraordinary ice world, one of the wonders of the bubble and a living hell for any SRV driver in their right mind).

You can follow Cmdr Wall's adventures in the PCC Discord and you can follow Cmdr Sgurr's adventures over here ..

srving-round-a-ridge-world-pomeche-2-c

I have just completed my circumnavigation of Nu Tauri 1a. This is a very hilly and dangerous world that tests the strength and agility of ones SRV. Most of my journery was in total darkness with night vision activated. I didn't find any mountains on this world but the constantly undulating terrain and numerous craters made the drive quite hazardous and interesting.

Cmdr name: V-4-Vendetta.
Planet/Moon: Nu Tauri 1a
Gravity: 0.05G
Radius: 190 km
Approximate distance travelled: 1200 km
Start & End point: 90/180 & 90/0.
Circumnavigation -
Heading South: Longitude 180.
Heading North: Longitude 0.
Start/finish date: 03.01.3307 / 10.01.3307
Time taken: 18h
Evidence: Updates and time-stamped location photos uploaded to PCC Discord.

Attachments

I posted this in Discord, but I'll repeat here. I'm currently adding features for both the route planner and locator to help with circumnavigation (e.g. plotting directly to know points such as equator, north/south pole). I've probably circled half a planet already in testing...

If anyone has any requests/suggestions for stuff you'd find useful to help circumnavigate, please let me know (probably best on the Tracker thread rather than this one if so). Any feedback on the VR panel would be welcome too.

I'll be doing a proper circumnavigation of the planet I'm testing on once the testing is complete. :)

Top Bottom