The Planetary Circumnavigation Club

And ... please remain standing for Cmdr Rustnsawdust who completed his circumnavigation of Prai Hypoo SG-I b40-0 2 A yesterday!

Yet-another-circumnavigation (day 19)

Congratulations sir! I've amended the club's records in the OP of this thread. If you could check that I have the details correct (and do let me know if you have an image you'd rather I use to represent your journey).

Also, do you use EDSM? If so then you're now entitled to the Planetary Circumnavigation Club badge which should be getting assigned to your commander shortly.

giphy.gif

If my records are correct then we just have one remaining circumnavigation currently underway so, as you all relax in the club's lounge bar please spare a thought for Ian Phillips who is now over 3/4 of the way around Charon.

Charon-Circumnavigation

If you could check that I have the details correct (and do let me know if you have an image you'd rather I use to represent your journey).

Thanks you, Alec. Details appear to be correct, and that image is certainly appropriate! I shall wear my badge with pride! (Note to self: must get one of those graphic sig thingies!)

Just checked the first post Alec....

CMDR name is Reighdar, Forum name is Ian Phillips.
Sorry Ian, quite right. What little spare time I had today was spent issuing decal codes for Hutton Trucker rewards and finishing a 2000 word article for SAGi but updating the OP of this thread is my top priority for tomorrow! [yesnod]

Right then ... apologies in being a bit slow reporting this and updating the records but ...

Ladies and gentlemen of the Planetary Circumnavigation Club, please welcome to our growing membership - Cmdr Reighdar - who completed his nearly 2 month long circumnavigation of the ice world Charon in the Sol system on the 17th November 3304.

giphy.gif

A journey I might add, which was completed entirely in VR unless I'm very much mistaken.

I've updated the records in the OP, given Reighdar his richly deserved SUCCESS status and chosen a suitable image from his travelogue to represent the journey. I'll contact the EDSM adminstrators about issuing your official EDSM Planetary Circumnavigation Club badge asap.

Ian, if you could just double check the details for me and let me know if you have an alternative image you'd rather use to represent your journey.

So ... no sooner has one circumnavigation complete (one beset by walls of ice to be overcome) than a new one begins, this time seemingly beset by walls of doubt.

On the 18th November 3304, Cmdr Explorix (aka Taronas) set off around Olelbis 3a (a 497 km radius ice world) declaring "I probably will not finish". Nevertheless, at the close of day #3 yesterday, he was still making excellent progress. You can follow Explorix's circumnavigation and cheer him on over here ..

Not-Yet-another-circumnavigation

o7 commanders

Last edited:
That picture is great.

I'm not registered on EDSM - do I need to make an account?
So I discovered. It's no biggie, I barely use it either but if you do then there's all these different achievement badges you can get for your profile (which some people use in their forum sigs), one of which is for the PCC.

As commanders continue to hurl themselves along (and off) the Pomeche Ridge challenge, far more importantly ... we have another completed circumnavigation!

Yesterday evening Cmdr Explorix (aka Taronas) announced the successfull completion of his 17 day long circumnavigation of Olelbis 3A.

Bravo sir and welcome (officially) to the ever swelling ranks of the Planetary Circumnavigation Club.

source.gif

You can read all about his adventures (along with some fantastic images) over here: Not-Yet-another-circumnavigation

Quick note to say that Cmdr TadoChip is planning a circumnavigation of Hi'iaka next weekend. Follow @TadoChip on twitter for updates.

SUCCESS! He did it. Another completed circumnavigation (and our second around Hi'iaka in Sol). Tad Chip has now been entered in the official records of the Planetary Circumnavigation Club.

Bravo sir, BRAVO!

giphy.gif

(sorry, I've run out of dignified animated applause GIFs - at least you don't get the Minions one!)

Last edited:
About time I pulled myself together and joined this exclusive club of circumnavigators - although my submission is nowhere near as epic as some others here:

CMDR Distant Winter (my exploration alt account) - currently part of the Distant Worlds 2 fleet.

Planet: Quantum World - GalMap Ref: Flyiedgiae QN-T d3-17 (Planet : AB 1 B) - radius 137km

It's been brought to my attention that while we've got some great "advanced" hints and tips, there's nothing in the main post covering the basics of flyving!

We should rectify this immediately. Starting with a link to the guide in the latest copy of Sagittarius Eye. Maybe throw in a video of someone demoing the basics in an easy-to-follow way?

This theme has really taken root (route?) and is flourishing !

Imagine when we get atmospheric planets and .... gasp ... the first circumnavigation of an ELW :eek:

Or Legs .... the first circumnavigation of one of those small potato planets :D

About time I pulled myself together and joined this exclusive club of circumnavigators - although my submission is nowhere near as epic as some others here:

CMDR Distant Winter (my exploration alt account) - currently part of the Distant Worlds 2 fleet.

Planet: Quantum World - GalMap Ref: Flyiedgiae QN-T d3-17 (Planet : AB 1 B) - radius 137km

Excellent, welcome to the club! (or at least to the reception desk, access to the members lounge and your complimentary glass of Prosecco will have to wait until you complete your journey). Good luck and I'll add your details to the OP later this morning.

It's been brought to my attention that while we've got some great "advanced" hints and tips, there's nothing in the main post covering the basics of flyving!

We should rectify this immediately. Starting with a link to the guide in the latest copy of Sagittarius Eye. Maybe throw in a video of someone demoing the basics in an easy-to-follow way?
Good point. I'll link the Sagittarius Eye articles (we also have the earlier "Conquerors of worlds" article about the club itself) shortly. As to a video ... yeah, it's been on my mind. Feel free to take a shot at it yourself or maybe we should do one together at some point as some external camera work might help?

Quick plug for the latest issue of Sagittarius Eye magazine which just came out.

It features my first full article for the magazine in which I attempt to explain how to drive the SRV like a boss.

Hope you folks like it and maybe even find it useful!

GIF didn't work. Please imagine applause by Capt. Picard :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom