The Planetary Circumnavigation Club

I used Shotcut for my video a few posts up. it doesnt exactly run smooth, and its a little weird to use, but its free and the 4k render it gave me looks great.

HumbleBundle has Vegas 15 Pro for $25USD. Having not done any editing in 14 years, it was pretty easy to pick up. Have also head good things about DaVinci Resolve which apparently is free.

I spotted that Humble Bundle deal recently. Filmora appears to be a clone of Vegas Pro, as the interface looks almost identical (Vegas Pro when not on offer costs hundreds - the Humble Bundle deal is the previous version - though I'm sure it does what most people need and more). Had the bundle deal been going when I was looking, I'd probably have gone for that.

CMDR Name: RNGesus Prime
EDSM Profile: https://www.edsm.net/en/user/profile/id/79265/cmdr/RNGesus+Prime
Planet: Dryio Flyuae ZU-Y e367 A2a
Date: 2019-05-31 - 2019-06-01
Distance: ~1024km
Time Taken: 15 hours (2hrs AFK)
Evidence:
Source: https://twitter.com/Leadskillet/status/1134538384095842305

Curious little moon. Had significant pirate mining activity and 17 crashed Nav beacons. Also picked up 46 escape pods. Something seriously bad went down here.
Nice job! That's a lot of evidence for a small moon - haven't had a chance to look through it all yet. I've created an entry for your circumnavigation in the OP of this thread tho' ... congrat's on joining the ever growing membership of this club and your "planetary circumnavigation" achievement badge should be available on your EDSM profile within the next 24hrs.

P.S. let me know if you have a better screenshot you'd rather use to represent your journey than the one I've chosen (somewhat at random).
P.P.S. I've found a better one in your Google Drive now.

Last edited:
Nice job! That's a lot of evidence for a small moon - haven't had a chance to look through it all yet. I've created an entry for your circumnavigation in the OP of this thread tho' ... congrat's on joining the ever growing membership of this club and your "planetary circumnavigation" achievement badge should be available on your EDSM profile within the next 24hrs.

P.S. let me know if you have a better screenshot you'd rather use to represent your journey than the one I've chosen (somewhat at random).

It's definitely an experience worth undertaking. I have a new love and appreciation of the SRV after spending all those hours behind the wheel. All the clips finally finished uploading a few hours ago no thanks to my potato internet.

There was a pirate ship parked at 87 degrees that I was extremely temped to greet with my corvette. I left it alone as I didn't want to invalidate my trek by boarding my ship. After completing the circumnavigation I flew along the surface to that location so the pirate ship wouldn't instance-out, but they had already wisely left.

Ive finally driven around Hi'iaka! 160km radius, so just over 1000km of driving (and some flying) along the equator going east, starting at 0,0. I died on my first attempt months ago after getting a bit overzealous and hitting a rock going god knows how fast. this time i took it easier, even though i did do a little flying where there were no rocks. anyway, here is the screens and video of my journey.

Just finished watching the whole thing. I love the celebration dancing at the end and the final "arghhhhhhh, g hell it's OVER" when you get back to your ship! :ROFLMAO:

Did you not entirely enjoy that than? :D

It's more fun in the daylight but there doesn't seem to be any on Hi'iaka.

Just finished watching the whole thing. I love the celebration dancing at the end and the final "arghhhhhhh, g hell it's OVER" when you get back to your ship! :ROFLMAO:

Did you not entirely enjoy that than? :D

It's more fun in the daylight but there doesn't seem to be any on Hi'iaka.
oh i definitely enjoyed it, but at the same time i was glad to complete it because it was nerve wracking, especially after how gutted i was hitting a rock and dying on my first attempt. now that ive done it i probably wouldnt be as nervous doing it again. about the daylight thing, ya, i never once was on the light side of the planet this time. on my first attempt, which was back in 2018, there was daylight for some of it.

Cmdr name: John Guevara
Planet/Moon: Ceeckaea YJ-X d2-5 : C 1 a
Gravity: 0.05
Radius: 209 km
Approximate distance travelled: 1313 km
Start- & Endpoint: Surface Signal - Geological (1)
Start/finish date: 07.06.3305 / 11.06.3305
Time taken (in-game): 37h 45m
Evidence/travelogue: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4jYWlqCZMj_3iedoxaqUB9URXUzdthFg

thanks for the Challenge, it was a nice time and I had fun doing it.

Last edited:
Cmdr name: John Guevara
Planet/Moon: Ceeckaea YJ-X d2-5 : C 1 a
Start/finish date: 07.06.3305 / 11.06.3305
Approximate distance travelled: 1313 km
Time taken (in-game): 4 hrs 11 mins 36 secs
Evidence/travelogue: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4jYWlqCZMj_3iedoxaqUB9URXUzdthFg

There's something I don't understand here. Time taken ingame is given as 4 hrs 11 mins and 36 secs, but the total video time adds up to around 37 hours, which makes more sense to me given the distance was 1,313 km. What don't I understand?

There's something I don't understand here. Time taken ingame is given as 4 hrs 11 mins and 36 secs, but the total video time adds up to around 37 hours, which makes more sense to me given the distance was 1,313 km. What don't I understand?

ups, i'm sorry, that was a copy & paste error from me, i forgot to change, i have now updated my post above and corrected the time. thanks for the note.

Last edited:
Cmdr name: Xen
Planet/Moon: Vanth
Gravity: 0.00
Radius: 276 km
Approximate distance travelled: 1734 km
Time taken (in-game): Approx. 30 hours
Evidence/travelogue: See Below

Don't fret over the 30 hours; I cut the video down to a more manageable 1 hr 46 mins (!?)
EDSM badge if you please. :cool:

N.B.
It seems the video has been blocked by YouTube on copyright grounds, probably because of the all the pop music I put on the soundtrack. I'll put the quiet version up as soon as practicable: probably tomorrow morning. Damn.

Last edited:
Cmdr name: Xen
Planet/Moon: Vanth
Gravity: 0.00
Radius: 276 km
Approximate distance travelled: 1734 km
Time taken (in-game): Approx. 30 hours
Evidence/travelogue:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBd7dnGGPnQ&feature=youtu.be

Don't fret over the 30 hours; I cut the video down to a more manageable 1 hr 46 mins (!?)
EDSM badge if you please. :cool:

N.B.
It seems the video has been blocked by YouTube on copyright grounds, probably because of the all the pop music I put on the soundtrack. I'll put the quiet version up as soon as practicable: probably tomorrow morning. Damn.
Nice one! EDSM badge should be on your profile soon. I'll add your entry to the OP here when I'm back from holiday on Wednesday.

The new, silent, version is now up. It's utterly tedious without the musical accompaniment........

A Grand Day Out II

I have to say I was taken aback by not only the speed with which the gestapo were on my case, not only by the accuracy with which they identified every track (including Zadok The Priest, they even identified the orchestra, and The Lion Sleeps Tonight, which I don't have and which wasn't on the video), but by the fact that they bothered at all with such a minor offering. They must run every single upload through a filter.

And finally, as we have a clearly successful Planetary Circumnavigation Club, why not also a Galactic Circumnavigation Club? Perhaps a kind of permanent expedition on EDSM, with preset waypoints. Just a thought.......

@Caliber_az I've finally added an entry to post #1 here for your circumnavigation of DRYAO AIN QL-Y DO 8 E - apologies for the delay.

@Xen* I've now added an entry to the OP of this thread for your circumnavigation of Vanth - congratulations! Re: youtube gestapo, one way to avoid this is to check the rights on the piece(s) of music your video contains over here prior to uploading: https://www.youtube.com/music_policies

I received the badge the other day but it went on my PC account (RNGesus Prime*) instead of my Xbox account (RNGesus Prime). Doesn't really bother me much as it's still me, so there isn't a huge rush to fix it.

If it's a huge pain to change I propose an alternative: I do a circumnavigation on m PC account and that badge gets assigned to Xbox account. I'll have to stock up on mats first though.

I received the badge the other day but it went on my PC account (RNGesus Prime*) instead of my Xbox account (RNGesus Prime). Doesn't really bother me much as it's still me, so there isn't a huge rush to fix it.

If it's a huge pain to change I propose an alternative: I do a circumnavigation on m PC account and that badge gets assigned to Xbox account. I'll have to stock up on mats first though.
No problem, should be able to get that sorted for you.

Top Bottom