Start date 27/3/2019
Finish date 27/6/2019
Time Taken: 3 Months

11 SRVs destroyed
71 basic repairs
36 refuels
5.22Mm travelled

RUp6zKJ.png
3 months, that's quite an expedition - bravo!

I've applied for your EDSM badge to be added (assuming you have a Tazbert EDSM account?).

As for an entry in the OP of this thread ... I've just realised that I haven't created entries for any of the First Great Planetary Expedition circumnavigations. I think what I'll do is create a special entry for the expedition and just list the names of all the participants who've finished if that's OK with everyone?

3 months, that's quite an expedition - bravo!
Bravo indeed, Congrats cmdr o7

As for an entry in the OP of this thread ... I've just realised that I haven't created entries for any of the First Great Planetary Expedition circumnavigations. I think what I'll do is create a special entry for the expedition and just list the names of all the participants who've finished if that's OK with everyone?
Works for me, thanks Alec

No particular rules or requirements, aside from being able to provide a minimum of data to confirm the circumnavigation (location, start/finish time, some kind of travelogue or video footage would be welcome). Whatever you choose to tackle is fine, be it a space potato or Achenar 3. Additional respect points and a high-five if you go for the second. :p

Hey @Vasious, sorry I missed your post earlier but AkenBosch has pretty much answered it. There's no prizes or anything so I'm not that fussy about the evidence ... I just wanted a place (a bit like the Sagittarius A* visitors list) where we could record the commanders who'd been bold (or foolhardy) enough to attempt and conquer this particular challenge.

And in other news, if anyone fancies a bit of SRV race action this weekend then head on over to the Danger Zone Discord and look for the Scully Power's 500 section. There's an SRV race around one of those massive circular planetary cities (on Kuntae A1) which I think is gonna be awesome. No specific time, I think their plan is to run a race on the hour and half-hour from around midday whenever there's enough people in the instance to warrant it.

Discord server: https://discord.gg/9CMf7SH
INARA mission page: https://inara.cz/squadron-mission/5458/8182/

Here's a practice run I did earlier in the week to give you an idea of what it's like (and yes, it looks like it's gonna be dark).

Congratulations to Cmdr Swoop Dogg who completed his circumnavigation of HR 745 1 A today - bravo sir!

giphy.gif

Welcome to the Planetary Circumnavigation Club commander! Your EDSM membership badge is on its way!

P.S. I've also updated the location and start details for Cmdr Straha Yeager's latest circumnavigatory adventure after his previous one had a bit of a ahem false start! 😬

I did a few orbits on stream, and then I um.. jumped the SRV from the moon to the planet over a 37 hour period, which now my SRV travel distance is now measured in light seconds.

Orbit stuff starts about 2hr 40 min in:

Highlights:
Leaving the moon
Ring Entry
Ring exit
Landing(?) is around 3 hr 42 min in:

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/malic_vr

I did a few orbits on stream, and then I um.. jumped the SRV from the moon to the planet over a 37 hour period, which now my SRV travel distance is now measured in light seconds.

Orbit stuff starts about 2hr 40 min in:

Highlights:
Leaving the moon
Ring Entry
Ring exit
Landing(?) is around 3 hr 42 min in:

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/malic_vr
Just epic! Glad you made it (caught some live but not the end). Errr, gonna have to think up a special status for that one ... SUCCESS seems inadequate somehow! 😂

Quick apology to @Malic for not adding your entry yet, been busy. I have sorted out your EDSM Planetary Circumnavigation badge. Could you maybe let me know the system/planet you circumnavigated (orbited) and how many times and also maybe the time it took and the distance you covered (although I might be able to work these out from the videos).

Quick apology to @Malic for not adding your entry yet, been busy. I have sorted out your EDSM Planetary Circumnavigation badge. Could you maybe let me know the system/planet you circumnavigated (orbited) and how many times and also maybe the time it took and the distance you covered (although I might be able to work these out from the videos).

We ended up going around the planet five total times and a lot of partials when we were messing around lining up vectors and trying to do orbital maneuvers. One orbit, then did a timed orbit, which IIRC was about 19 mins, went into space on the back half, got up to speed and did a third and forth, then got into orbit again, and then did the jump from moon to planet, where we got to speed, did a full orbit to make sure we were lined up, and then went into space when I was moving toward the planet

Better late than never - finally got around to adding a record for @Malic's epic orbital circumnavigation (and subsequent interplanetary transfer) to the records.

source.gif

Cmdr name: Alexfighter
Planet/Moon: Eifonth WR-A D14-6 B 1 A
Gravity: 0.04
Radius: 156.6 km
Approximate distance travelled: 990 km
Start- & Endpoint: 0 , 90 (equator). Circumnavigated crossing both poles.
Start/finish date: 30.09.3305 / 02.10.3305
Time taken: Approximately 8h 10m.
Evidence/travelogue: Rendering video... Uploading and sending link when it's finished.

Well done Cmdr!
@Alec Turner will be along shortly to make it all official :)

Cmdr name: Alexfighter
Planet/Moon: Eifonth WR-A D14-6 B 1 A
Gravity: 0.04
Radius: 156.6 km
Approximate distance travelled: 990 km
Start- & Endpoint: 0 , 90 (equator). Circumnavigated crossing both poles.
Start/finish date: 30.09.3305 / 02.10.3305
Time taken: Approximately 8h 10m.
Evidence/travelogue: 16x video on Youtube with final 1x celebration.
Congratulations sir and welcome to the hallowed ranks of the Planetary Circumnavigation Club! Your entry has been added to the club's official records in the OP of this thread and, on the off chance that you use EDSM, an application has been made for your Planetary Circumnavigation Club badge.

Bravo on an epic achievement.

giphy.gif

I just wanted to give a shoutout to @Rick6549 who's doing something quite extraordinary - driving around a planet who's radius (not even circumference ... RADIUS) is 25,500 km - a journey of approximately 160,246 km (and it's 3.48 G too). I'll confess that I was pretty sceptical about this (we've been duped in the Planetary Circumnavigation Club before so I guess I'm a bit more wary than I used to be) but he's been making steady progress and you can follow his adventures over here: going-the-distance.

o7 commander ... there's bold, there's insane ... and then there's this.

I just wanted to give a shoutout to @Rick6549 who's doing something quite extraordinary - driving around a planet who's radius (not even circumference ... RADIUS) is 25,500 km - a journey of approximately 160,246 km (and it's 3.48 G too). I'll confess that I was pretty sceptical about this (we've been duped in the Planetary Circumnavigation Club before so I guess I'm a bit more wary than I used to be) but he's been making steady progress and you can follow his adventures over here: going-the-distance.

o7 commander ... there's bold, there's insane ... and then there's this.
O7 thanks for the mention :)

Top Bottom