The Planetary Circumnavigation Club

Ladies and gentlemen of the Planetary Circumnavigation Club ...

Please be upstanding for our first ever award of "Master Planetary Circumnavigator" which goes to Cmdr Sgurr for the extraordinary achievment of circumnavigating Pomeche 2C in an SRV.

UbKG5wN.png

You can read the full log of his adventures (a really brilliant tale full of stunning images and video and some genuinely nail biting moments) over here: srving-round-a-ridge-world-pomeche-2-c

Last edited:
Congratulations Cmdr Sgurr on your superb achievement... You are now officially the best and most skillful driver in the whole galaxy!

Congratulations Commander Marcus Braxlyn on your achievement.

I remember Hi'iaka well. Lots snd lots of small (and occasionally big) boulders to negotiate. Fortunately, I found a clear '3x SRV wide' pathway between Fdevs placement of the boulder patches and was able to zoom from north pole to south pole and back at more or less full throttle in a straight line.

Do you have a next world in mind?

Commander: Marcus Braxlyn
Planet/Moon: Hi'iaka in SOL
Gravity: 0.00G
Radius: 160Km
Date: 9 Mar - 10 Mar 3307
Start/End Point: 0° 90°
Time Taken: 6h 10min
Approximate Distance: 1010Km
Evidence: Screenshot approximately every 10°, compiled into the video below

This is my second circumnavigation and this time I decided to try an ice moon.

Congratulations, you are now a serial circumnavigator!

I've added your entry to the official records (let me know if you have a beauty shot you'd like me to include).

So what I want to know is ... where will you circumnavigate between the 9th and 10th of April? :LOL:

Congratulations Commander Marcus Braxlyn on your achievement.

I remember Hi'iaka well. Lots snd lots of small (and occasionally big) boulders to negotiate. Fortunately, I found a clear '3x SRV wide' pathway between Fdevs placement of the boulder patches and was able to zoom from north pole to south pole and back at more or less full throttle in a straight line.

Do you have a next world in mind?

Yes, lots of rocks and a lot of large ones that SRV's really don't like to hit :D. I synthesised a lot more repairs this time, however my flyving has improved... or should I say, landing has improved :cool: but I think next time I'll avoid worlds with a high rock density.

I don't have anything specific in mind, I've been doing a bit of practice here and there while doing other things that required my SRV so I wanted to fit in a full circumnavigation before I headed out to Colonia and beyond, in case I find somewhere out in the black that looks like it could be fun.

Congratulations, you are now a serial circumnavigator!

I've added your entry to the official records (let me know if you have a beauty shot you'd like me to include).

So what I want to know is ... where will you circumnavigate between the 9th and 10th of April? :LOL:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I only noticed that it was the same date, when I started to do the post. It was a complete coincidence

Alas, no screenshot this time. Its too far from the sun and is generally quite bland looking.

I just saw that there is a badge available in EDSM.
Just out of curiosity, how do you get this? Is it overall distance or number of times? I can't find any information about it.

I just saw that there is a badge available in EDSM.
Just out of curiosity, how do you get this? Is it overall distance or number of times? I can't find any information about it.
Whoops, that's my fault. I have to request those explicitly for people from the EDSM folks. I've just done that so hopefully you'll get your badge shortly.
If I've forgotten anyone else please let me know.

I have finally completed my jaunt around Salomé's Reach.

Cmdr name: YeOldeTraveller
Planet/Moon: Oevasy SG-Y d0 B9f (Salomé's Reach in Semotus Beacon)
Gravity: 0.04
Radius: 675 km
Approximate distance travelled: 6000 km
Start & End point: 0/0
Circumnavigation -
Heading generally west near equator
Start/finish date: 02 July 3306 / 08 April 3307
Time taken: Approximately 100h
Evidence: Time-stamped location photos uploaded to PCC Discord.

Grid-half.png

Circumnavigation -

View attachment 218494
Congratulations sir - 100hrs, that's quite an achievement! Another epic circumnavigation for the club's records and free drinks all round to celebrate (if only the bartender wasn't too busy doing shady deals on the side to actually sell them). I'll update the records later. Have you got a nice screenshot that you'd like me to use for your entry?

Circumnavigation -

View attachment 218494
Congratulations again on a really epic circumnavigation (just in time too - I think things are going to be quite different when Odyssey drops). I've now updated the records in the OP, hopefully haven't made any mistakes ... it's turned into quite a big list these days.

Somewhat accidentally (again), I've just started my 4th circumnavigation. I was handing in the scanned Hesperus logs at the Hind Mine asteroid base as per this Galnet article ..

.. when I noticed I had a planetary bookmark on planet A 1 B in the T Tauri system (which I now recall was another candidate for the First Great Planetary Expedition). Anyway, I went to have a look to remind myself what it was like (note: it's fabulous), one thing led to another and so far I've covered 60°, heading due West along the equator from a starting point crater mound at -1.5518,-0.4841.

pZhBAp0.png

My current plan is to see out the final days of Horizons down here before the cataclysm of Odyssey changes the face of planetary circmnavigation forever. Heck, at this rate I may even complete a circumnavigation with time to spare.

Day 4(?)

The "sun" is back in the sky (ahead of me in the West ... setting? but I manage to catch it up during today's journey).

AyuTR33.png

@sgurr joins me and we head for a mountain. Video later hopefully, in the meantime here's the summit (mountain? ... or ancient pyramid?)

luBwzbg.png

I rub my eyes (relog) and look again ... ahhh, that's better!

uvD1ZhS.png

zX0V8L3.png

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Commander: Mathias Shallowgrave
Planet/Moon: Veil West Sector DL-Y d68 D 3 b a
Gravity: 0.05 G
Radius: 493 km
Date: 5 - 24 March 3307
Start/End Point: 1.4614 -138.7582
Time Taken: circa 50 hours
Approximate Distance: 4000 km
Evidence: This YouTube playlist, documenting the whole trip and this thread on my forums :)
Other Cmdrs who completed the expedition with me: Randario, Frank Dolas, Hattor, Kriztozz.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QpRJArxB8&list=PLOq1KPuGCTMarj9hikUVjnOz7u0zgv00o&ab_channel=rootsrat

Last edited:
Top Bottom