General / Off-Topic The PlayStation 5 console will be released for Christmas 2020

Wait, are there any solid data on potential specs? Are "next gen" consoles will be just like current ones - 4 years behind in terms of hardware compared to a decent PC?

It will be expensive. I wouldn't have a PS4 excpet that it was a present..... I am very happy with it. Supersampling rocks and games look fantastic. I wish I could afford PSVR...... and a copy of Elite Dangerous for it.

There is these indication that would be nice if they are implemented.

https://www.ps5playstation5.com/specs/

Some of these specs don't make much sense and seem to be based on faulty interpretations (the apparent implication that frame buffer is the majority of VRAM use...it is not) of developer and industry statements. The predicted memory configuration in particular seems rather arbitrary and silly. Storage capacity is also overly optimistic.

CPU specs are entirely plausible and GPU performance prediction is on the high side of what I'd consider plausible, but isn't too outlandish.

Wait, are there any solid data on potential specs? Are "next gen" consoles will be just like current ones - 4 years behind in terms of hardware compared to a decent PC?
AFAIK 8 core Ryzen and undisclosed Navi GPU. At least that's what the new deal between AMD and Sony suggests.
So in terms of power, I'd say it will be comparable to higher mid-range PCs of the current generation. Naturally with console optimization, 8K is entirely plausible, I'm just wondering if 8K TVs will really be all that common, a year from now.

Meh. Who cares?

This time round it'll be cheaper to build a mid tier PC than it will be to buy a console full of low tier PC parts.

AFAIK 8 core Ryzen and undisclosed Navi GPU. At least that's what the new deal between AMD and Sony suggests.
So in terms of power, I'd say it will be comparable to higher mid-range PCs of the current generation. Naturally with console optimization, 8K is entirely plausible, I'm just wondering if 8K TVs will really be all that common, a year from now.

They said the PS4 would be mid range for the current generation. It defiantly was not. They say this every time they release a console, same as MS.

Top Bottom