The Pomeche Ridge Challenge: a standing SRV time trial in association with the Buckyball Racing Club

Aken B. is back again - taking three and half minutes off his previous time and leapfrogging Greytest to take 6th place on the Red run.

5tteq6q.png

He's also posted the single most perfect meme image I think I've ever seen.

pvueQ9n.png

:LOL:

In our 37th scoreboard update since records began I'm delighted to announce that we have a new commander on the ridge - please welcome Cmdr Universallaie! Hot off the first stage of the Buur Pit's "Pit Trip" expedition and driving an SRV named Miss Daisy, Cmdr Universallaie has managed to complete the blue run in a time of 23 mins and 4 seconds. Bravo sir!

I imagine Cmdr Bra2s will be especially delighted by this news! 😄

Good luck with your ongoing assault on the ridge! And seriously, any successful run is a win as far as I'm concerned - congratulations!

xk5YJPK.png

Another competitor on ridge courtesy of the Buur Pit's "Pit Trip" expedition - commander Tomasson has engaged in a battle for last place with fellow Pit Tripper Universallaie and has claimed (South) pole position on the Blue with an excellent time of 23 mins 27 seconds and has also managed to complete the gnarly Red run with a final time of 49 mins 18 seconds.

pyd4Ix6.png

Bravo commanders and thanks for taking the challenge!

iIzD9-1461082384-3428-list_items-wacky_slag.gif

Another quick scoreboard update ...

y0QH1SA.png

Probably the last of the Buur Pit Trippers (as the expedition has moved on to other waypoints now), Cmdr pSyren Farseer (another Buur Pit Tripper) turns in an excellent Blue run time of 18 mins 31 secs which puts her in 26th place overall but actually first out of the Buur Pit expedition entrants so congratulations commander!

(y)

In what turns out to be my 40th scoreboard update of the ridge challenge, we have a new entry on the Blue run from Cmdr YeOldeTraveller driving his SRV named "No Points If You Don't Finish" along the ridge in 44 minutes and 51 seconds.

lX0r7Wd.png

Bravo commander, I'm going to give you top marks for the most determined driver yet to tackle the Blue run! I'll also add that maintaining an average speed of 34 kilometers per hour along a narrow and quite slippery off-road ridge is still no mean feet.

o7

Many months ago I said I was going into seclusion for intense training so that I could conquer the ridge and become the new champ (and now I hear there's a little cash prize involved as well heehee!).

Well friends, today I returned to the ridge... And I continue to tumble off the side about two minutes after I start o_O. Truth be told, I think I conked my head halfway through my trip around Kumay and all the secrets of SRV technique that I learned in the deep void were knocked clean out of my memory. SO, I just thought I'd stop in and say congrats to everyone who has a time on the board, and many congrats and slaps on the back to all the top times which are absolutely nuts! Maybe one day I'll be back to try and at least beat my own time, but I can confidently say that I don't think I'll be the ridge champion any time soon!

Many months ago I said I was going into seclusion for intense training so that I could conquer the ridge and become the new champ (and now I hear there's a little cash prize involved as well heehee!).

Well friends, today I returned to the ridge... And I continue to tumble off the side about two minutes after I start o_O. Truth be told, I think I conked my head halfway through my trip around Kumay and all the secrets of SRV technique that I learned in the deep void were knocked clean out of my memory. SO, I just thought I'd stop in and say congrats to everyone who has a time on the board, and many congrats and slaps on the back to all the top times which are absolutely nuts! Maybe one day I'll be back to try and at least beat my own time, but I can confidently say that I don't think I'll be the ridge champion any time soon!
To be fair the ridge is something you can't just turn up to and immediately do well at - on the occasions I've been back there I've had pretty much the same experience - 3, 4 maybe even 5 runs in a row where I can't even get to the end of the Blue (mostly 'cos I'm pushing to hard, going too fast and then flying off those early corners). First tip for experts is to slow down a bit - do one or two practice runs where your objective is to just get to the end and to (re)familiarise yourself with the course - before you start pushing for a personal best. And before you can get a REALLY good time you will have to become intimately familiar with, not just the general direction each part of the ridge takes, but its contours because you'll need to utilise the slope to bounce you up and off in the right direction. Basically - it's hard, don't give up! 😁

Quick scoreboard update to register a brand new entry from Cmdr Andrew Purslow. Driving the Flying Sausage Cmdr Purslow sets an excellent mid-table Blue run time of 16 minutes and something seconds (alas the clock seconds on the finish screenshot were obscured so, although you're probably in the top 20, I'm going to have to assume the worst and place you 21st just behind Bob Lighthouse).

C2iWppX.png

Congratulations Cmdr and thanks for giving it a try. Perhaps you'll be back to fill in those Red and Black run times eventually?

UPDATE: I'm going to give Andrew a 16:46 (based on further evidence) so he's actually 20th, just 8 seconds ahead of Bob Lighthouse. This will get picked up in the next scoreboard update.

Last edited:
UPDATE: I'm going to give Andrew a 16:46 (based on further evidence) so he's actually 20th, just 8 seconds ahead of Bob Lighthouse. This will get picked up in the next scoreboard update.
Using this as an excuse to post a new scoreboard featuring a new and improved background image of the ridge which I grabbed this morning.

H2iSNac.png

Following fairly lengthy discussions over here (prompted by concerns during the recent Full Throttle at Pareco race over console players being at a potential disadvantage) I've now updated the scoreboard to include a "Platform" column (information I've been casually asking for since this challenge started) stating which platform (PC/XBOX/PS4) people have been using to make their runs.

6FVy7K6.png

You may notice a few '?' entries on the board. If one of those is yours I'd appreciate it if you could let me know which platform you were using.

I may also change the submission process for the Pomeche Ridge Challenge so that people use a Google form rather than a forum pm to send in their submissions (that way I can make the choice of platform be something that's required).

Last edited:
ATTENTION: I've now switched to using a form to gather race submissions rather than people sending me a pm on the forum. Don't worry, it's not onerous to fill in and should make everyone's lives slightly easier from now on. The link to the form can be found in the OP of this forum thread.

o7

Drive hard and stay on the ridge!

New racer on the ridge!

KwuzdoC.png

Welcome to Cmdr Psykit who's successfully driven the Pink Panther along the entire length of the ridge challenge. Psykit completes the Blue run in 17 mins 58 secs with our second dead tie of the event, finishing joint 25th alongside Bam's "Secenic Route". Pushing on through the Red run in 35 min 50 sec to take 19th place, she finally completed the Black in 50 mins and 58 secs to finish 16th.

You can see the run on her twitchstream over here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/499424306

You did indeed do the whole thing! Bravo commander and thanks for taking part - unless anyone else wants to come and prove otherwise then you are currently the 16th best SRV driver in the world!

😃

Last edited:
With just under a month to go until the Pomeche Ridge Challenge celebrates its first birthday we have another (belated) entry courtesy of Cmdr Bruski. Driving the Self Demolition Society to its designative demise just a few tenths of a degree short of the black, he nevertheless managed an excellent 13th place on the Blue run with a time of 13 mins 51 secs and broke into the top 10 on the Red run, taking 9th place just 11 seconds behind Darplata94's Shadow with a time of 24 mins 51 secs.

Am2wU4n.png

Welcome to the league of legends commander!

Top Bottom