The Pomeche Ridge Challenge: a standing SRV time trial in association with the Buckyball Racing Club

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Cmdr Darkwolf_GR to the ridge!

UxlOps0.png

Riding the Dodo (and not OOOO like it seems in the Orbitron font), Darkwolf_GR's first try (after several rolls and numerous donuts) lands him in 34th place on the Blue run with a time of 22 minutes and 8 seconds. Congratulations on making it to the finish line ... maybe aim for a less Gluten rich diet for the next run! ;)

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Cmdr Darkwolf_GR to the ridge!

UxlOps0.png

Riding the Dodo (and not OOOO like it seems in the Orbitron font), Darkwolf_GR's first try (after several rolls and numerous donuts) lands him in 34th place on the Blue run with a time of 22 minutes and 8 seconds. Congratulations on making it to the finish line ... maybe aim for a less Gluten rich diet for the next run! ;)
Congrats! But donuts are soooo delicious...

Maybe this is my problem...

I still haven't set a time for the second part. It all starts out great, but then it goes horribly wrong at some point. Was only 2 meters off of technically having a time today, but did not have control of the SRV at the time and flew off into the great beyond. As I reached 64 I had just bounced (badly) and was at 52 meters height and increasing.
Also my timing sucks, first time I tried to set a time it was dark and not much fun. Today it was just getting dark as I arrived. :rolleyes:

Well I finally managed to do a serious run at this...zone 1 was quick...zone 2 was slower and zone 3 was...
View attachment 156948

Mind you I managed over 200 before stopping!

Two zone submitted
Awesome (y)

It all starts out great, but then it goes horribly wrong at some point.
I recognise that :cry: and then you get that one run where it all comes together and :cool:

I've missed several new entries so welcome. Great to see more folk drawn in by Alec's special brand of insanity ;)

It's 3306 and we have four new times (all in the top 10) courtesy of two new racers (including a new podium place on the blue run).

KruxUGk.png

First up was a whole series of submissions from a new shining star in the world of Buckyball Racing, Cmdr Shaye Backwood, who's proved himself to be a fierce competitor with wins in the last few Buckyball Races of 3305. Shaye has taken 5th place on the Blue leaderboard with a superb time of 7 minutes and 11 seconds and 7th place on the Red leaderboard with an equally impressive 18 minutes and 8 seconds. From what we've seen of Cmdr Blackwood's determination to win I very much doubt we've seen the last of him here and we will no doubt have a Black run time too before the month is out.

And then we have someone who's been around the world of Buckyball just a little but longer than Shaye and who I confess I'd previously underestimated. But that all ends now. Ladies and gentlemen I give you Cmdr Sulu (aka Fish172 here on the forum). With an absolutely blistering Blue run Cmdr Sulu knocks your truly out of the podium placings and takes 3rd place with a time of 6 minutes 20 seconds! He also managed to plough on through the Red course, taking 4th place in 13 minutes and 13 seconds before hurtling off the ridge some time later doing over 200 m/s!

Congratulations to you both!

Watch out Cmdr Turkwinif, there's new blood on the course and they're after your billion credit reward (and, I might add, my store credit reward - which still stands in theory, although quite how we go about redeeming this with ARX if/when it comes to pass I've yet to work out).

Happy new year everyone. The Pomeche Ridge is alive and kicking and ready to see new competitors do battle on the toughest SRV challenge in the galaxy.

Many thanks.....I guess it was a mixture of alcohol, perfect run and " it I`m going for it". I never imagined I would do so well!
I have taken a couple more runs since and was way slower. Oh well guess we all get a perfect run now and again, add to that more than a hint of luck and blimey I am on a podium.
Now if only I could learn to do that every time..well then!

As for reaching 200 m/s..this was quite easy..the stopping part caused the damage..well total obliteration in fact. Did not so much explode as go splat. Hats off to the commanders who have made the last ridge...that`s not easy at all!

From what we've seen of Cmdr Blackwood's determination to win I very much doubt we've seen the last of him here and we will no doubt have a Black run time too before the month is out.
Thought so!

8JOIaOV.png

Two new entries from Shaye today - an excellent Black run time of 21 minutes 59 seconds which puts him in 6th place just 5 seconds behind Tannik Seldon's long standing 5th place entry, and an improved Red run time of 16 minutes 37 seconds which cements his hold on 7th place and now leaves him just one second behind, you guessed it, Tannik Seldon again. Thrilling stuff!

Another quick leaderboard update.

HH1Afbi.png

Shaye's back again in another new SRV (The Rocketeer), this time with an improved Blue run time of 6 minutes and 37 seconds which puts him just 10 seconds behind yours truly and 17 seconds behind taking his second podium spot (from Cmdr Sulu).

The riders of the ridge salute you sir!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Well it has taken me far, far too long to get around to running this course. But finally I put that behind and had a couple of runs this afternoon. I've never been that great at SRV flying, but my second run was much better than my first as I didn't get turned around half as many times as I did originally. I'm glad that I finally got around to running it, now I'll have to come back to it at some point to try to better my run :D

Top Bottom