The Pomeche Ridge Challenge: a standing SRV time trial in association with the Buckyball Racing Club

When I saw a new submision from Sgurr I was half expecting it to be recorded in months days hours minutes and seconds (taking in a complete circumnavigation of the planet along the way - congrat's again on that achievement). :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, after taking a 5000km long run-up, Sgurr has managed to complete the Blue run in just 3 mins 26 secs (!) and the Red run in 5 mins and 7 secs which means he's once again the reigning champion of all three sections of the course.

MX7GAwY.png

As the time approaches when Odyssey brings with it new terrain and the freezing of the existing Pomeche Ridge challenge leaderboard I can imagine that the pressure is on to be king of the ridge when that moment happens.

Wonderful tho' it is to add faster and faster times at the top of the leaderboard, I always get even more of a kick when I'm able to add the name of a brand new commander.

So please welcome Cmdr Just Call Me Dave and his SRV "Bounce Buggy" to the ridge!

48kyQQT.png

Giving the Lave Radio boys a run for their money he nudges 8 seconds ahead of Cmdr Eid Leweise to take 41st place on the blue run, and a good minute ahead of Phoenix DFire on the red leaderboard to take 33rd place. Sadly he was defeated by the "saddle" at -64.81 (pretty sure I know the exact bit he means) but has vowed to try again. Bravo - that's the spirit!

Congratulations Dave ... welcome to the ridge and to the Buckyball Racing Club.

Nothing for a while then two come along at once!

o6DGPn2.png

First we had Cmdr @Epaphus successfully completing the entire ridge in their Beagle 2 SRV. They crossed the Blue line in 16 mins 44 secs (2 seconds faster than Andrew Purslow's Flying Sausage to take 29th place), the Red line in 34 mins 18 secs (2 seconds slower than Bob Lighthouse to come 26th) and the Black line in 52 mins 20 secs (nearly 2 minutes faster than Psykit to take 20th). Congratulations commander, any run that crosses the black finish line is one to be proud of!

But then, literally the next day, the Bold and Brash Cmdr Micro-T took to the ridge and posted surprisingly similar times. The Blue run was completed just 2 seconds faster than Epaphus (bumping the Beagle 2 down to 30th), the Red run 2 minutes slower to take 28th place (just the other side of Psykit) and the Black run 3½ minutes slower to take 21st place. Again, congratulations on completing the Black run commander!

With both of these competitors fresh to the ridge and so close in times perhaps you should team up and get some healthy rivalry going, maybe climb a few places up that leaderboard together?

In other ridge news ... with yesterday's reveal that Horizons' planetary surfaces will continue to be accessible on both PC and console until at least the autumn, that means the Pomeche Ridge Challenge can remain open for a fair bit longer yet (and it also means it can contiunue to run while we scour Odyssey looking for Ridge Challenge #2).

Last edited:
As the time approaches when Odyssey brings with it new terrain and the freezing of the existing Pomeche Ridge challenge leaderboard I can imagine that the pressure is on to be king of the ridge when that moment happens.
Ha, us console peasents can keep submitting :unsure: Which reminds me i never submitted a time. I had screenshots and video (it wasnt a great though), but it was on the PS4, and might be gone now as i gave that to the brother-in-law when i got the PS5.

Ugh, so Pomeche will defo be gone when Odyssey plops out?

Ha, us console peasents can keep submitting :unsure: Which reminds me i never submitted a time. I had screenshots and video (it wasnt a great though), but it was on the PS4, and might be gone now as i gave that to the brother-in-law when i got the PS5.

Ugh, so Pomeche will defo be gone when Odyssey plops out?
Very likely, we'll know in a week.

Having been parked up on the Ridge near the start since 27th February I've got some before and after pictures.
It's dark at the moment so I'll take some better pictures later.
Screenshot_7376.jpg

When I first logged back on I was 6km up.
This is 1km up as any lower you can't see anything.
Screenshot_7440.jpg

The initial look is obviously very different.
Here's a couple from the light side in orbit.

Screenshot_7437.jpg

Screenshot_7438.jpg

Having been parked up on the Ridge near the start since 27th February I've got some before and after pictures.
It's dark at the moment so I'll take some better pictures later.
View attachment 227756
When I first logged back on I was 6km up.
This is 1km up as any lower you can't see anything.
View attachment 227757
The initial look is obviously very different.
Here's a couple from the light side in orbit.

View attachment 227759
View attachment 227760
What really concerns me is that according to the patch notes they've made an extra special case of Pomeche 2C ..

Override Pomeche 2 C to have more canyons

.. so does that mean that this is the best we're likely to find in Odyssey?

Top Bottom