The Problem with Choppers' Creek (Log Flume)

Now I know it's probably been discussed a fair few times over the years but, as slow-minded as this makes me, it's only just started to bother me:

WHY CAN'T A FLUME BE STARTED IMMEDIATELY AFTER A LIFT HILL??

Currently, we have to end a lift hill and therefore make do with an awkward flat-top before a flume starts, as shown below:

This unfortunately means we're lacking one simple (and obvious) little feature: being able to enter the flume the moment you leave the conveyor. While I understand this may not have made it into the game due to programming reasons, it'll definitely help with building more simple and compact log flumes, as currently we're forced to add a bit more standard track before a flume. I've tried (rather badly) to illustrate this below:

I of course never mean to be the "Something-doesn't-work-properly-this-game-is-therefore-terrible" type of person but like a handful of things, hopefully this is looked into! :)

Every water ride in the game has serious flaws. The pre-drop belt is just one of them.
The Cascade with those horrible drops into the splash-zone (which we can´t get rid of) are another big problem.
And now recently the totally messed-up drop on the Armada. This was our chance to finally build old-time Chute-The-Chutes and/or Big Splash rides like Jurassic Park. But we get only a shallow drop with a delay brake that can´t be turned off. Furthermore the physics of the drop are totally wrong as the boat still goes slow way into the drop and it won´t accelerate on a longer drop.

You can make a downward section after the lift without having to use that belt piece, but you can’t make a steep drop though. Useful for more shallow drops before the main drop at the end.

You can make a downward section after the lift without having to use that belt piece, but you can’t make a steep drop though. Useful for more shallow drops before the main drop at the end.
But these shallow drops don´t generate any splashdown. It´s a shame, because the splash-animation is really nicely done.

Could we please have two seat wide logs for this ride - they would fit - there is space alongside the single file log boats - just please make them wider and two seat side by side, thanks G

But these shallow drops don´t generate any splashdown. It´s a shame, because the splash-animation is really nicely done.
BTW, has anyone of you guys noticed that the guest react to beeing splashed by water from the Flume-ride when they are walking near or over a splash-Zone?...it looks really cool ! (Some does not react at all though)

Yes, maybe i am slow to notice things...this took me 1 year:) Or is it some updates that made this happen?
It also took me 1 year to notice guests Grooving out to music beeing played.....And after 1 year i heard the first words from a guest i understood. She said = '' Princess Amelia ''

I never use the water rides in this game. I feel they were a rush job to get them out at release, just to shut the people up who were constantly asking for them. I would've preferred if they took more time with them and added them in a later update, like they did with the go-karts. They look and feel like they were rushed, and I think with more time, they really could've made them work much better. I doubt they'd go back and change this now :(

It is pretty awful and annoying, the transition from the top of the lift-hill down into the water is a bit abrupt/sharp too, some log flumes in real life don't have water at the top when they're traveling from the top of the lift-hill to the drop too, one that use to be in a park nearby had a metal track with no water, and the log would roll on wheels on that piece to travel to the drop (slightly downward)

Other things wrong with the log flume:
  • Camera facing downward at the top of a lift hill.
  • Non scale-able splash downs
  • Inability to change the angle of the drop
  • The fact someone was unsure about how it would be perceived in game, decided to release it in game, and then didn't change anything after people gave suggestions.

It is pretty awful and annoying, the transition from the top of the lift-hill down into the water is a bit abrupt/sharp too, some log flumes in real life don't have water at the top when they're traveling from the top of the lift-hill to the drop too
Actually, they do tend to! An example is Tiger Rock (or Dragon Falls as some may remember) at Chessington which, following the second lift, sees riders slowly and gracefully cruise around a large u-turn before the final drop. This is also why the log flume in PC has a brief belt section which lifts the boats out of the water onto the flume (even though there are log flumes out there without this, so just have the water spilling over the drop - take Liseberg's log flume for instance!). :)

Actually, they do tend to! An example is Tiger Rock (or Dragon Falls as some may remember) at Chessington which, following the second lift, sees riders slowly and gracefully cruise around a large u-turn before the final drop. This is also why the log flume in PC has a brief belt section which lifts the boats out of the water onto the flume (even though there are log flumes out there without this, so just have the water spilling over the drop - take Liseberg's log flume for instance!). :)

some log flumes in real life don't have water at the top when they're traveling from the top of the lift-hill to the drop too

They should have made different track pieces then for before a drop. RCT3 log flume didn't have the pieces after a lift and before a drop. But, Planet Coaster has better supports for the log flume.

This pre-drop belt would make perfect sense, if the flume would work with block sections. But it doesn´t do this in PlanCo.
Insisting on having the belt before each drop is just horrible, as it prevents us from doing double drops. AND the animation is super clunky and awkward.
People in the back of the log would be propelled out of their seats!

The other big horrible design decisions are of course the drop-into-the-splash-sections on the Avalanche! What were they thinking?! This is totally unusable as it is.

They should have made different track pieces then for before a drop. RCT3 log flume didn't have the pieces after a lift and before a drop. But, Planet Coaster has better supports for the log flume.
I mean, that was probably because the water was just a flat texture on the log flume, whereas in Planet Coaster, the water is coming out of pipes and isn't a flat texture throughout~ there's a lot more attention to detail, but I agree, it should have different track sections, a lot of coasters in Planco now have different track types, the eurofighter having 2 rails for certain parts, and the then 3 rails for the main track~

This pre-drop belt would make perfect sense, if the flume would work with block sections. But it doesn´t do this in PlanCo.
Insisting on having the belt before each drop is just horrible, as it prevents us from doing double drops. AND the animation is super clunky and awkward.
People in the back of the log would be propelled out of their seats!

The other big horrible design decisions are of course the drop-into-the-splash-sections on the Avalanche! What were they thinking?! This is totally unusable as it is.
When you say double drops, do you mean double downs? Its a shame... :/ like, when people have made double downs in planco, they look awful because of the belt going up a tiny bit, as I said, its too sharp/abrupt, Also for anyone wondering, Adventure Island (UK) when they had their log flume, that had a smallish metal track with no water on the small turning before the splash down~ I think all fair log flumes (you know that basic design they all have) I don't think those have water on their turnings either.

I think the drop on the new boat ride is pretty weak. You can’t make a steep drop, the speed isn’t very fast and the splash at the bottom is weak. The Cascade works out better for a boat ride with a big splashdown but it doesn’t have a solid trough for the drop down like most giant flumes do. RCT2 and 3 have a giant flume with bigger boats and a wider water channel with steep fast drops.

When you say double drops, do you mean double downs? Its a shame... :/ like, when people have made double downs in planco, they look awful because of the belt going up a tiny bit, as I said, its too sharp/abrupt, Also for anyone wondering, Adventure Island (UK) when they had their log flume, that had a smallish metal track with no water on the small turning before the splash down~ I think all fair log flumes (you know that basic design they all have) I don't think those have water on their turnings either.

Yes, exactly. Double downs like some of the Mack flumes have. You even get airtime on them. They also have backwards sections, but I´m not even asking for those anymore.

Can I just also say, if mr Denney is reading this, in Planet Coaster 2 can we have boats that are visible from paths lower than the track, I feel the boats sit in the flume track too deep, whereas in the video above, they're almost floating on top of the track, and would be visible if saw... there was a path below (I put a log flume over the entrance of a park I'm working on, but the boats are barely visible :( )

Top Bottom