I tried going out to lemon slice nebula last night. Spansh said I could make it but my route plotting failed with only 1900±ly. I know it was kind of a joke when it was posted but you never know. I can only find references to it being unreachable before FC but now that I have one, does anyone know a route? I've seen that someone has been there on yt.
1615129513598.png

Maybe others have
long ago come to this conclusion (haven't stayed up with the forums) but this got me thinking that while having at leasr one category of Elite is likely a requirement of some sort, having triple Elite probably isn't (and quadruple Elite definitely not, as CQC was not in the game at the outset
The only official proven connection to being Elite is from the original Dark Wheel novella as told to Ralph 'You have to be Elite'...which is a nice story but as the Uncle had no idea what or where Raxxla was its also meaningless and just an assumption on their part in the first place. It could just as likely be taken that you have to be elite as in able to survive in the wilds of space before you can hope to get to Raxxla, its a dangerous journey, you have to be prepared. Like in all the movies the hero has to train before they can take on the challenge.

Being Elite rank grants 1 Permit that we know of, Shin Des. Which is home to something called The Dark Wheel, whoever they are, and to a Jameson descendant, and has a GG with 8 moons, and is the home to the successors of the founders of the PF and the EPF, and is where old Elite pilots go to retire. Logically therefore if Elite rank itself was a requirement....

Journey for themselves - Theres a horrible conclusion that the only journey you have to take for yourself is resetting the game save once you get to Elite :) Any other physical journey can be replicated or short cut or MC or jump on an FC and get a lift. Emotional journey is a cop-out. Rank journey does fit, in that you have to do it, or are supposed to only be able to do it yourself....or sit in MC while someone sells all their LTDs.

The only official proven connection to being Elite is from the original Dark Wheel novella as told to Ralph 'You have to be Elite'...which is a nice story but as the Uncle had no idea what or where Raxxla was its also meaningless and just an assumption on their part in the first place. It could just as likely be taken that you have to be elite as in able to survive in the wilds of space before you can hope to get to Raxxla, its a dangerous journey, you have to be prepared. Like in all the movies the hero has to train before they can take on the challenge.

Being Elite rank grants 1 Permit that we know of, Shin Des. Which is home to something called The Dark Wheel, whoever they are, and to a Jameson descendant, and has a GG with 8 moons, and is the home to the successors of the founders of the PF and the EPF, and is where old Elite pilots go to retire. Logically therefore if Elite rank itself was a requirement....

Journey for themselves - Theres a horrible conclusion that the only journey you have to take for yourself is resetting the game save once you get to Elite :) Any other physical journey can be replicated or short cut or MC or jump on an FC and get a lift. Emotional journey is a cop-out. Rank journey does fit, in that you have to do it, or are supposed to only be able to do it yourself....or sit in MC while someone sells all their LTDs.
Well I don't have elite so I'm good

Just reading the various Sol theories of Jorki and Rochester and others, which are attractive I must admit. They also have the advantage that if correct, Raxxla could be found with the original game's 7LY hyperdrive, which usually is seen as a constraint. I originally thought the six lines might have referred to either an Elite requirement (but there are nine, not six ranks) or the Fed rank of Petty Officer needed for the Sol permit (but it is rank 4 of 14). But, getting the permit would qualify as a personal journey...

I also like the Song of the Spheres connection, as Han Zen brought it up years ago, albeit in a completely different context. Now if only there was a whale in there somehow...

well, the one journey ALL pilots MUST take is the journey through life to death. So I have another hypothesis that Raxxla is located somewhere associated with either Pluto (the Underworld, and the "Outer Rim" of Sol system at the time of the gamma when Raxxla was inserted) or Persephone (wife to the god of the Underworld, inserted into game much later so lower confidence in this option). But both of these have so much space associated with them that I'm not looking forward to it with any sense ofenjoyment whatsoever, and it IS supposed to be a game after all!

@Jorki Rasalas : "I’m undecided about the visual resemblance of Gallia to Raxxla. May be a thing, may not be."

So what's funny about this is, I remember when I first started poking around Raxxla, coming across this and passing over it quite easily for the same reason... just seemed inconclusive, and... reaching. But then, all this OTHER stuff with the asteroid belt... so now, there's a bit more validity.

But what I think sells it for me, is if you take a look at each individual letter. The greek symbol for g, Γ .... that is visually an r . Then the a's... they are obvious that they are same, and in the same spots. This is unfortunate in that our mind almost skips by them in terms of admitting them as evidence that they fit the puzzle. But then again, fortunate in that they obviously very much DO fit.

Then the XXs... the biggest "stretch". But consider it is two of the same letter, in the same spots. And then if you try and think about "if I were to try and code that into a current letter of our alphabet, something we could speak.. what letter would it be?" you inevitably arrive at "X". And to back that up a bit, take a look at this...
1615131731413.png

Going back to staticvoids original post, Γαλλία is the translation for Gaul. So there it is, but translated in modern text. And there are our Xs.

So from here, all we have left is the i = l. Visually, they are much the same. And with the rest of the word/name in place, it doesn't even matter at this point if they match up or not. You could argue for the visual match, or you could argue for artistic license and the fact that he would have just wanted a great name for some integral part of a great story and universe (Raxxla > Raxxia, imo)

And again, I chuck this at the "what are the odds that this isn't related-o-meter".. they are virtually nil ;)

@Jorki Rasalas : "I’m undecided about the visual resemblance of Gallia to Raxxla. May be a thing, may not be."

So what's funny about this is, I remember when I first started poking around Raxxla, coming across this and passing over it quite easily for the same reason... just seemed inconclusive, and... reaching. But then, all this OTHER stuff with the asteroid belt... so now, there's a bit more validity.

But what I think sells it for me, is if you take a look at each individual letter. The greek symbol for g, Γ .... that is visually an r . Then the a's... they are obvious that they are same, and in the same spots. This is unfortunate in that our mind almost skips by them in terms of admitting them as evidence that they fit the puzzle. But then again, fortunate in that they obviously very much DO fit.

Then the XXs... the biggest "stretch". But consider it is two of the same letter, in the same spots. And then if you try and think about "if I were to try and code that into a current letter of our alphabet, something we could speak.. what letter would it be?" you inevitably arrive at "X". And to back that up a bit, take a look at this...
View attachment 211652
Going back to staticvoids original post, Γαλλία is the translation for Gaul. So there it is, but translated in modern text. And there are our Xs.

So from here, all we have left is the i = l. Visually, they are much the same. And with the rest of the word/name in place, it doesn't even matter at this point if they match up or not. You could argue for the visual match, or you could argue for artistic license and the fact that he would have just wanted a great name for some integral part of a great story and universe (Raxxla > Raxxia, imo)

And again, I chuck this at the "what are the odds that this isn't related-o-meter".. they are virtually nil ;)
So basically

Raxxla is Raxia?

I tried going out to lemon slice nebula last night. Spansh said I could make it but my route plotting failed with only 1900±ly. I know it was kind of a joke when it was posted but you never know. I can only find references to it being unreachable before FC but now that I have one, does anyone know a route? I've seen that someone has been there on yt.
No, Lemon Slice is not visitable with FCs. Maybe someone was put there as a special gift as FDev has done in the past with unreachable systems far outside the galaxy, for special reasons e.g. that terminally-ill fellow who had it as a special request.

So basically

Raxxla is Raxia?
No, Spiff is saying Raxxla=Gallia, one of the asteroids, specifically 148 Gallia.
I see the point. It's suggestive, but not overwhelmingly convincing. However it does fit with strange behaviour at the asteroid belt so I wouldn't discount it offhand. I keep an open mind on this point.

The odds are 400bn to 1 that its connected :)

Nothing wrong with a theory but tunnel vision means you count things that shouldnt be counted and ignore things that should be counted, assuming there is anything that can be counted that is.

A thought I have on the missing asteroid clusters in Sol. Couldn't they be in the same boat as the apparent missing outer rings around some gas giants?
Where they are there on the system map but not visible in game. I emergency dropped out on one of these rings a while back by accident. It was literally so thin that I didn't see any impact warnings in game or on screen at all until I hit it. When I looked round my ship on the outside I saw nothing, just the blackness of space. But when I switched to night vision I was in a very thin vail of fine dust particles hidden to the naked eye. I could jump out to super cruise but immediately dropped back to normal space. There wasn't enough mass to mass lock me but enough for it to cause an emergency drop.

Just a little theory on the missing Asteroids clusters.

A thought I have on the missing asteroid clusters in Sol. Couldn't they be in the same boat as the apparent missing outer rings around some gas giants?
Where they are there on the system map but not visible in game. I emergency dropped out on one of these rings a while back by accident. It was literally so thin that I didn't see any impact warnings in game or on screen at all until I hit it. When I looked round my ship on the outside I saw nothing, just the blackness of space. But when I switched to night vision I was in a very thin vail of fine dust particles hidden to the naked eye. I could jump out to super cruise but immediately dropped back to normal space. There wasn't enough mass to mass lock me but enough for it to cause an emergency drop.

Just a little theory on the missing Asteroids clusters.
Definitely. Or a bug. Or both.

Sorry but I think some people forget (myself included), this is a software product, not the real world. All this was invented by people.
And the real thing is to find old interviews with the developers, what they said about Raxxla, at least what it was in Elite 1 and Frontier and FFE.

I think in those days they didn't even think about the release of Elite 4 and might have let it slip what they meant.

Last edited:
The odds are 400bn to 1 that its connected :)

Nothing wrong with a theory but tunnel vision means you count things that shouldnt be counted and ignore things that should be counted, assuming there is anything that can be counted that is.

I might argue this is the opposite of tunnel vision though.... It begins strictly as big picture scenario, with all things being fairly considered. If you look at the sum of the parts, they take you in a clear direction. For me, the big sign is that there is no other solid direction! And if you ignore the signs completely, for lack of 100% scientific proof, you are doooooomed to sweeping the galaxy forevah!

I think people have a bit of a stigma with Raxxla in terms of Scientific Method. This is not the same as scientific research in the real world. There can be errors on Fdev's part, whereas physics can't technically make any errors. Man created this sandbox without any set rules on what they can or cannot do, and we are setting ourselves up if we completely apply scientific method. While I would never make these kinds of leaps in the real world, we actually need to make them here. Maybe not right from the start, but how many years are we into this thing? The trouble with a theory instead of a straight out accusation (in this case) is that it doesn't motivate everyone... in fact, very few. A theory in this game is synonymous with a light suggestion... and that is not how we are going to solve this.

Fdev did not set out to make an unsolvable mystery. And based on the scope of this game, that's exactly what it would be if they didn't "make it a tiny little bit obvious". At some point you need to commit to something. Take it as a challenge to disprove, I actually welcome that, but this is the point: Let's figure out what IS in Sol, instead of never solving it!!! I would happily take being wrong over never figuring out what's in there. :)

Well Sol wasnt in original Elite so that stuffs that idea. And Raxxla wasnt in any previous game at all.
It wasn't, yes, but in the novel as I recall there were many references to Earth as an ordinary place.
No one was looking for Earth as an Academy.

Top Bottom