Ha ha! Wasn’t expecting this one at least! 😉

Honestly don’t know on this one. Think I heard that mentioned as well, but if he has been then it’s under a different forum account to the one he used to use.

Regardless, I hope he’s doing well. Always seemed like a good guy, and if the sequel to AHTW ever happens I’d definitely be buying a copy!
Yeah I noticed his old account doesn't exist anymore (or at least I couldn't find it if it does). I know he is working on a new book (Sci Fi but not Elite related I believe). Will ping him by other means and see if he has a new account.

Last edited:
Yeah I noticed his old account doesn't exist anymore. I know he is working on a new book (Sci Fi but not Elite related I believe). Will ping him by other means and see if he has a new account.
Just heard back from him. He hasn't been around for a while either in-game or on the forums. Someone contacted him directly via other means recently about something or other, but that was it. He thinks his old account should still be around but he hasn't checked recently.

I had thought along these lines when I first started searching. I wound up being obsessed with Thurstons Gateway. It’s the last thing in the system so what is it a Gateway to? Oddly enough if you google Thurston Gateway the first thing not related to Elite is Thurston ROTARY club. The rotary logo looks very familiar.
For a while I thought you had to use the neutron star to jump in the direction of the gateway to maybe initiate a miss jump, but I think I got side tracked by something else in this thread about a year back and forgot all about this.
Anyway first post o7
By the way, it is theoretically possible Thurston ROTARY club next step, thanks for the info.

No, Lemon Slice is not visitable with FCs. Maybe someone was put there as a special gift as FDev has done in the past with unreachable systems far outside the galaxy, for special reasons e.g. that terminally-ill fellow who had it as a special request.
It is. There were 2 fleet carriers there and I can confirm 1 was owned by a ps4 player. Fdev didn't do us (ps4) any favors. Of that I'm certain.

@RevCaoticFox what was your route to lemon slice?

I tried going out to lemon slice nebula last night. Spansh said I could make it but my route plotting failed with only 1900±ly. I know it was kind of a joke when it was posted but you never know. I can only find references to it being unreachable before FC but now that I have one, does anyone know a route? I've seen that someone has been there on yt.

Also, could you fine cmdrs who have had the Green Glow in Sol's belt locations repost the general how to for that for me? I'm trying to recreate it and possibly help some of my squad see it too
If you mean my post, yes, you can get to Lemon Slice with a FC. The meme image is not in game, I took the image from Google. Frontier has not put the same texture.

Tomorrow I will see if I have the bookmarks and I will give you the route. It took me several days to find a viable path and tritium is scarce in that area, I was almost trapped.

I can't imagine it being worse than the path to Rackhams Peak but I expect it to be ardorous. I can't imagine TDW would consider my application if I wasn't out there risking it all
The path:
Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT) 08_03_2021 3_36_46.jpg

The map:
1.jpg

The 32 segments displayed in orrery view where the asteroid belt should be in Sol are not unique to sol, they are pretty common and occur in systems adjacent to sol even.

<snipped>

FR is still a must do for new lore players though, thats always 'current'.

Well, FR is really only current until the major Thargoid invasion that was behind the lub’s Dynasty plot.
With the numbers I saw last week massing in the Coalsack I think they’re only waiting for Odyssey release!
(I think they want to chew down on some soft & juicy explorers, instead of having to get them through crunchy occupied escape pods)

Just heard back from him. He hasn't been around for a while either in-game or on the forums. Someone contacted him directly via other means recently about something or other, but that was it. He thinks his old account should still be around but he hasn't checked recently.
And what’s/when’s the new book??
AHTW was a good read; I’m always on the lookout for similar calibre reading material!
Edit: anybody know how to turn off the forum auto correct mis-spelling expert idiot on iPad?

Last edited:
A few points about the galaxy and game of Elite 1 and Fe2/FFE.

In Elite the game was limited to 8 "galaxies". The Lave cluster was in galaxy 1. These galaxies were just Galcop control sectors. The 7 ly jump limit was just a property of the Galcop configured Cobra III, which was the only ship available for players. In lore 'Imprint', the rest of the 'real galaxy' existed. It was just not visible on Galcop nav computers. Only by becoming Elite, could a pilot apply for a full jump licence(only in lore, not available to players).

In Fe2/FFE the Galaxy was made in the same way as now. It was a combination of imported catalogue stars and proc gen stars. FD did however make a mistake, when importing catalogue stars. The sign of the horisontal galactic angle was swapped (there is a bit more to it, but this is the mistake they made). This means that real stars are in funny positions. The Lave cluster was located just past Achenar.

Non of the old games had Raxxla. They were offline games and the code has been made public. In FE2 and FFE, Raxxla wasn't mentioned in the game or in lore. Before ED, Raxxla was only in The Dark Wheel book.

Elite 1 books:

Fe2 books:

FFE book:

FFE ingame journals:

Raxxla IS STILL IN SOL!
(Again with this? Yes, AGAIN!!!)

TL,DWR
:

Raxxla is guaranteed to be in Sol’s “empty” main asteroid belt. Ooooooh, I said it!!!! I went there! And if you, commander, don't already believe that, then read on!

Purpose of this Post
  • To convince anyone who does not currently believe that Raxxla is in Sol that Raxxla is, indeed, in Sol.
  • To collect and display as much of what I believe to be the most current and relevant information in one place as possible.
  • To light a fire under anyone's cheeks that may need it, and to provide/stimulate new thoughts, information, and discussion that will finally move us through to Raxxla. We've been spinning our wheels long enough, time to stop getting distracted!
  • To unite us in focus and purpose, dammit!!

A quick prep
  • I will do my best to stay on target with only the clues and information that are most relevant to where we are at with our hunt. As such, I have very purposely (and not a little painfully) left out several other relevant and amazing discussions and evidence for other posts to focus on.
  • This post completely ignores the possibility of time travel as it would relate to the discovery of Raxxla. Sorry/not sorry. As fun as a storyline like that would be, it offers up a literally infinite number of possibilities, which is not sensible when trying to solve a mystery puzzle because it become impossible. Occam thanks you.
  • You may want to read through “Jorki’s Final Theory” if you haven’t already, as I will be referring to it regularly throughout this post. It helps set the stage as it goes through a broader range of arguments in more detail , and I don’t want to repeat everything already said unless it is essential. This post will also assume throughout that people are somewhat versed on many previous works and theories contained within "The Quest to Find Raxxla" thread. I will do my best to credit any critical theories when appropriate.
  • Using green text, I have done my best to link sources to things discussed to expedite any convincing you may need.

If you do not yet believe that Raxxla is in Sol, and you are not afraid to be convinced, then come on in!

Why Sol? The Biggest Clues
The Raxxla Symbol in the Codex. Our single biggest stand-alone clue.
  • The circle with the dot in the middle: Astronomical Symbol for our own Sun. Ask yourself, if it is not this, what is it? And if you agree with this interpretation of what it is, then we immediately have a clear path forward.
  • Three lines circling the Sun: Our main asteroid belt, or possibly the three Lagrange points on Jupiter’s orbit. Alternatively, an extension of the main belt called the Hilda asteroids has three roughly equilateral sides and reaches almost out to Jupiter’s orbit with its three rounded corners.
  • 33 Dots: Possibly all the bodies that lay outside the main asteroid belt (minus one! Enter tin-foil, full body suit territory for that, but not now). If so, this theory would be tethered to the fact that Fdev never put in the majority of Jupiter’s and Saturn’s moons. Jorki’s post has different, more eloquent thoughts on the 33 dots, a good read.
  • The Six Pointed Star: Taken from Jorki’s research, this is the astronomical symbol for asteroid. As you will see while progressing through this post, this ties in exceptionally well to an underlying theme.
  • The Hex Shape Background: Nothing concrete here. Ultimately, it doesn’t even have to be anything other than a canvas for the rest of the clues, but I have no doubt that its relevance will reveal itself to us at some point. Wishful thinking would have seen Fdev put Saturn’s amazing hex-shaped storm in the game, but alas, ‘tis not so.

We need a permit for Sol. Why?
From the moment I first logged into this mind-blowing game, I wondered why on earth (haha) we didn’t start there, but instead would need to earn our way there with rank? Rationale: Fdev wouldn’t want to risk any newbies stumbling upon it due to the sheer numbers of all new players over time. Also fits well with “It’s a journey every player has to make for themselves.”

An alien artifact on Mars....?!?!???
What?!??? I guess you could ignore this detail, or you could stop and think about itALIENS HAVE BEEN TO SOL!! In terms of a story being told, does it make ANY sense that this detail isn't significant? Or is it more likely to be that moment in the Sixth Sense, where everything starts clicking into place once you really start paying attention to the details?

A weird, 32-segment disc around the Sun where our main asteroid belt should be.
And nowhere else in game. It would be easy enough for Fdev to make Sol match the rest of the game, so why haven’t they? Answer: Because this is something they made for a specific purpose. If you were a Dev, and people hadn’t discovered a big secret you had put in the game, would you take out the clues? Or would you leave them in-game until the puzzle was solved?

There are 8 missing asteroid clusters in Sol.
This one is my own little contribution to the puzzle (Sorry to anyone who may have noticed the same thing previous and I missed your post). If you honk the system and go into your FSSS, you will notice along the bottom that there are 8 signals for asteroid clusters! Despite having spent days in Sol trying to disprove my own clue, I was not able to locate any of these asteroid clusters. So it is no longer speculation that there is something in here that we can't yet see... they are there somewhere!!

A major missing asteroid's ancient Greek name visually spells Raxxla.
Going back a whole 4 years, we revisit PublicStaticVoid's post . His research turned up Gallia = Γαλλία in ancient Greek. Notice anything? It gets better. There is a giant asteroid in Sol's "missing" main asteroid belt named 148 Gallia. I'll let you draw your own conclusions from that, but if that was my own find I woulda recorded myself dropping a giant mic and spammed the forums with it....
A side note here: Most commanders will have noticed by now that FDev tends to name many of the stations after relevant inspirational, historical, and influential people in astronomy, science, and science fiction. Then consider this tidbit when weighing this particular piece of evidence..... two brothers with the last name Henry discovered 148 Gallia. I took a quick look in EDDB, and there are an astounding 45 stations that are named after Henry. I mean, if you actually needed more, then there it is.

Elite Dangerous contains all the dwarf planets in our actual system, except the best known: Ceres.
Would you believe that Ceres, despite being arguably the best known of these dwarf planets, is the one missing? And, would you believe that its orbital path lies on the edge of the main asteroid belt? Must be a coincidence…. Hahahaha! Again, ask yourself which is the more likely scenario: Fdev forgot to put Ceres in the game, but got all the other, lesser known dwarf planets, or: This does really seem to tie in suspiciously well with the entire "Raxxla in the unfindable asteroid belt" theme going on here... and was very likely one of Fdev's most obvious, very intentional clues right from the start.

You can actually enter a HUD-visible area of this missing asteroid belt in/around the segmented disc.
Okay, so this…. I mean, kinda starts killing any remaining doubt, no? With it, we have some form of access to where we know things are supposed to be, despite appearing not to be. It is a smoking gun, whether you first identify it as that or not.
It is not super easy to find, but I've created a short, detailed description of how to consistently find your way to it at the end of this post. Because this IS where we start looking.

The Sun makes noises at us.
… or rather, our scanner behaves very oddly with the Sun… either way there is something very unusual and specific to Sol’s star. This endless scan is perpetual and begs to be used for something. Like finding otherwise unfindable clusters of asteroids. Which happens to tie in incredibly well with a certain, small conversation that someone had with a Dev a while back, you can find this reference somewhere in Jorki’s theory. Most notably, "Basic scanning is enough", because, well, the sun is talking to us using our basic scanners. There have been reports of other stars doing a similar thing by a few commanders, but upon revisiting these other locations, none of these stars display this same behavior in the same way. This suggests connectivity issues or even a bug. So despite this happening, Sol is still unique in that it occurs for all commanders, all the time.

The two possible responses to the clues and evidence

So, here we have a connected string of “oddities” in Sol. We have two ways we can react to this collection of information (Yeah, yeah, there’s way more than two, but shaddap, you…)

Reaction 1:

There is a uniquely designed logo/symbol in the Raxxla Codex entry, with a giant symbol of an asteroid worked into it and appears to clearly identify the Sol system. “Hmmm, that’s crap. Devs trying to mislead us. It means nothing.”

There is a unique, 32 segment anulus (disc) where the main asteroid belt should be in Sol, present nowhere else in game. “Hmmm, that’s weird. Devs are too lazy to change it. Who cares.”

We cannot target anything in the space where the main asteroid belt in Sol should be, and yet the main asteroid belt is still visually represented in the system map. “Hmmm, that’s weird. Devs are too lazy to change it. Who cares.”

There are 8 asteroid clusters somewhere in Sol, found only with the FSS scanner. But this is currently the only sign they exist. “Hmmm, that’s weird. Who cares.” Shrug

With some degree of difficulty and practice, we can place ourselves into the plane where the asteroid belt in Sol should be and where it is visually represented in our HUD, but it seems to be empty. “Hmmm, that’s weird. Really weird... but, who cares.”

Ceres, arguably the most well-known of the dwarf planets in the Sol system and the one that orbits along the edge of the main asteroid belt, is the one that is not visible in the game. “Hmmm, that’s weird. I guess ((search forums for 100s of theories on this one)). Oh well.”Shrug

When targeted and looked at with a ship, the Sun (in Sol) won’t stop scanning. “Hmmm, that’s weird. Must be a bug. Who cares.”

There is an asteroid in Sol's main belt whose actual name in ancient Greek visually represents the name Raxxla - Γαλλία. “Pfft, that’s a stretch... oh, actually I kinda see.... BAH! No way, pure speculation! That doesn't mean anything! Snarl

Reaction 2:

“Hahahaha, that’s a crazy amount of odd things happening all in one place, all relating to the same ding-dang details, within a game where the Devs do their best to challenge a broad and clever player base with worthy puzzles and…. hmmmm…. and…. wait a second…“

Jorki makes a point of mentioning this in his post as well, and doubtless there are many others who feel the same... instead of scrutinizing and trying to find a reason to ignore and/or disprove each individual point made here, step back and take a look at the entire picture. It is a sum of all its parts, and becomes very clear when looked at as a whole.

Still Skeptical?

You can argue that there is no way that any of this means anything…. Which is fair enough, there have been countless hours spent on the largely fruitless search for the game’s greatest mysteries, and we all have only so much time in our busy lives. But consider the alternative. Would Fdev intentionally aim us this unerringly at Sol? Small misleads, sure. Big ones like this? I don't think that makes any sense. I think Fdev are actually WAITING for us to find it, since who knows how long ago. I’m sure they have a huge pool going by now. Having stated that it is in-game and has been for pretty much the whole time, I think they are more likely to plant clues rather than misinformation in something as obvious as the Raxxla Codex Symbol. A game this size coupled with our wild imaginations needs no help to throw endless confusion and mystery into the mix. So, applying Occam’s Razor, I think the Codex Symbol for Raxxla is pointing us true. Something big is hidden in Sol, and has been right under our noses for years!

Ask yourself: Is this enough evidence for you to admit that all or most of it must be related to each other piece, and is collectively "something"? If your answer is "no", then git outta here, I have lost my battle with you. :sadface: If yes, then
Ask yourself: What could possibly warrant this much effort on Fdev's part, this much difficulty on our part, this many related clues, hints, and roads/guesses leading to Sol? If your answer is "A crashed Anaconda", you need to go now. I keel yoo.
And then finally, ask yourself "What else could all this possibly be for?" The ONLY thing that makes sense in context of scope is Raxxla.

Call to action!

What I propose

Ideally, we coordinate large groups or m… just kidding, guise! Go do what you do, we can collectively come up with wayyyy more and better stuff than I could ever post here! But let’s find whatever is here, Fdev is practically punching us in the face with these clues and hints! Collective wisdom & intelligence provided by groups of us working together in coordinated efforts will get this thing done. Grab friends, grab family, grab squadron mates! DEATH TO RAXXLA! Err....

What I am working on
My current theories/suggestion, build off of them if and as you see fit:

• Targeting and looking toward the Sun while within/at the outside edge of the main asteroid belt plane will likely be part of our solution. (It sure wouldn’t hurt to run the signals through a spectrum analyzer or similar tool) The basic theory would be that when a rocky body passes between a perpetually scanning ship and the Sun, it will disrupt the signal somehow and make itself known to us.
  • In our actual solar system where these asteroids do exist, they total about one-twentieth the mass of Earth’s moon, and each piece is roughly 600,000 miles apart! Even if all ED does is slightly mimic this, they would also be incredibly far apart. Needle in a haystack? Sure… if the haystack were the size of a continent. I do not believe any one person is capable moving us forward alone at this point, we’re going to need a bunch of us working together on this.
  • I will be coordinating efforts with members of Independent Raxxla Hunters in Discord for the foreseeable future. Something's gotta give, right?!??

Getting to Sol's non-targetable asteroid belt

Using the Orrery view in the system navigation panel, move to the 32-segment wheel past Mars, before Jupiter. Get as close as you can to the system plane (the grid). Make sure you are going the minimum possible speed in supercruise, 30km/s. Once you are there, start slowly nosing your ship up and down, similar to how a dolphin might swim above and below the surface as it follows a boat's wake. If you are right on the system/horizontal plane (which defaults to the main solar mass in the system), you will eventually have your HUD on the left side show you asteroids. In theory, and all probability, this is where we should be looking.
Note that you do NOT want to match the disc in the orrery, unless it's where it meets up with the system plane. Again, the grid/system/horizontal plane is where the asteroids will pop up in your HUD. Also, using a point of reference will greatly ease your pain in moving "up" or "down" from your location... is mercury or venus on the right or left of the Sun in relation to your position?

Thank you for your time and attention, I hope this post inspires many commanders to join in un-miring our efforts to at last hunt down Raxxla! (Damn you Sidney, you and your metaphorical ramblings!)

I love this game, I love this community, I even love Fdev!

You're an awesome friend.
You're a gift to those around you.
You're a smart cookie.
You are awesome!
You have impeccable manners.
I like your style.
You have the best laugh.
I appreciate you.

Spiff OUT! o7
I found this when I decided to look at the hexagonal storm of Saturn.

“It’s a journey every player has to make for themselves.” - Has anyone tried to fly into the eye? I mean you drop out quite far from supercruise, maybe flying close/into Saturn?
1615202487936.png

The route to Lemon Slice looks like a Question Mark?....

We dont actually know who invented the Dark Wheel, more than likely Holdstock as the author, there was never any real 'lore' in game it was just in the book and our heads. Some of the places were real but no extra lore or connection than any other system.

In Elite the game was limited to 8 "galaxies". The Lave cluster was in galaxy 1. These galaxies were just Galcop control sectors. The 7 ly jump limit was just a property of the Galcop configured Cobra III, which was the only ship available for players. In lore 'Imprint', the rest of the 'real galaxy' existed. It was just not visible on Galcop nav computers. Only by becoming Elite, could a pilot apply for a full jump licence(only in lore, not available to players).

Have I got the right game? In my 1984 BBC Elite I could jump to another system with my installed 7LY Jumpdrive or I could buy a one time use Galactic Hyperdrive to jump to another Galaxy. You had to go in sequence though, from Galaxy 1 to Galaxy 2 and so on. You couldnt jump backwards or around. It was expensive but you didnt need any rank requirement afaik and certainly not Elite.

The route to Lemon Slice looks like a Question Mark?....

We dont actually know who invented the Dark Wheel, more than likely Holdstock as the author, there was never any real 'lore' in game it was just in the book and our heads. Some of the places were real but no extra lore or connection than any other system.

Have I got the right game? In my 1984 BBC Elite I could jump to another system with my installed 7LY Jumpdrive or I could buy a one time use Galactic Hyperdrive to jump to another Galaxy. You had to go in sequence though, from Galaxy 1 to Galaxy 2 and so on. You couldnt jump backwards or around. It was expensive but you didnt need any rank requirement afaik and certainly not Elite.
That's how it worked. Galactic hyperjump took you to the next galaxy. No rank required. When you got to galaxy 8, the next jump took you to galaxy 1. These 8 galaxies were the sectors in the Galcop network. There was nothing else in the game.

The rest of human space and how you could get there as a Galcop pilot, is only explained in the book Imprint. Earth and Sol aren't explicitly mentioned, but the Federation is.

Top Bottom