First of all, there are whole sectors locked so no one can know all the game content. I am 39. This is my first Elite series game and I started playing several years after the Kickstarter. The things that allowed me to come up with my theory is I have been interested in astronomy since I was young, took four years worth of Latin, have a fairly solid understanding of equivalent mythologies of Rome/Greece/Egypt/Crete, read both the Latin and English versions of Homer's Illiad and Odyssey, read some of the Elite novels, I am an Elite explorer in-game and have absorbed lots of lore, and I know how to find information and connect dots. Nothing is stopping you, but be prepared to show your work. Griping solves nothing. In spite of not having the same background as those who played the entire series, I still posted a theory that is heavily cited. No matter your background anyone can contribute and even post a totally serious theory on April 1st. Have a little bit of confidence. My theory could be wrong but at least I had the guts to post it. I put it out there because I want it challenged. We grow and advance from learning. No one grows by hiding behind well you should have to experience everything. I had plenty going against me here. Yet, I still did it because this puzzle won't solve itself if assumptions aren't questioned.

Last edited:
Hmmm you got me looking at triangles again

8QdVIqB.jpg

Regor almost fits with a 45 45 90 triangle ... ya horseshoes and hand grenades... oh well
What about Bovomit? ;-)

Hmmm you got me looking at triangles again

8QdVIqB.jpg

Regor almost fits with a 45 45 90 triangle ... ya horseshoes and hand grenades... oh well
Just a word of advice.. my design of the triangles is very intentionally crafted to remove as much ambiguity on the z-axis as humanly possible. Given the equidistance but opposite direction you can keep things in a relatively easy to work 2D plane. Even then, I am going to have to probably look up some stuff to validate that the z-axis portion gets calculated sanely.

Just a word of advice.. my design of the triangles is very intentionally crafted to remove as much ambiguity on the z-axis as humanly possible. Given the equidistance but opposite direction you can keep things in a relatively easy to work 2D plane. Even then, I am going to have to probably look up some stuff to validate that the z-axis portion gets calculated sanely.

Ya i just wanted to see how close it was to a 45/90 triangle. Thankfully im getting a little help with 3d plot to make it easier . If you have some points you want mapped just let me know. - always a sucker to make a map ;)

I want to clarify.
Did I understand correctly that those people who went crazy heard the sirens mentioned in the toast?

Wait.
What I do not understand, that planet that the signal scanner on top, where there are 2 thargoids on the sides, is that a planet in the Delphi System?
There like the write in codex is just this device.
So it turns out that the planet with the unknown device is the end point and it is shown in the figure above?
This is where you need to deliver all 3 objects and activate the device.
What is the planet below?

Last edited:
I want to clarify.
Did I understand correctly that those people who went crazy heard the sirens mentioned in the toast?
I think its unclear but possible.

Frontier itself calls the noises we hear in witchspace "whispers" in their own patch notes
https://community.elitedangerous.com/fr/node/190

From the Thetis: "They’ve heard some kind of strange whispering sound coming from their apartment comms unit." - when the signal starts affecting people.
The Thetis said it came from a signal though - from a moon they passed. So it seems a little different than what we call witchspace "whispers"

Wait.
What I do not understand, that planet that the signal scanner on top, where there are 2 thargoids on the sides, is that a planet in the Delphi System?
There like the write in codex is just this device.
So it turns out that the planet with the unknown device is the end point and it is shown in the figure above?
This is where you need to deliver all 3 objects and activate the device.
What is the planet below?

The Thargoid signal depends on the system you are in. It has nothing to do with Delphi.
If i got this right (its been a while) - It triangluates your position based off of Merope and Col 70 Sector FY-N c21-3 ... (Those are the systems to the right and left in the picture) and gives you the next system to go to that has a thargoid base .... might check this out better explanation:

https://canonn.science/codex/the-unknown-link/

I just like the Merope/Col 70 Sector FY-N c21-3 line because it is an example of what i think is the Thargoid Celestial Axis ... so to speak

Frontier itself calls the noises we hear in witchspace "whispers" in their own patch notes

From the Thetis: "They’ve heard some kind of strange whispering sound coming from their apartment comms unit." - when the signal starts affecting people.
The Thetis said it came from a signal though - from a moon they passed. So it seems a little different than what we call witchspace "whispers"

At the risk of flogging a very dead horse, just saying... ;-)

FORMIDINE RIFT MISSION 5/6

Expedition Log 07/10/3270

"I'm scared... help me someone... I can't bear another jump. The lights in witch-space are coming for me. The lights... always the lights... they're calling to me... a siren song... I must join them..."

FORMIDINE RIFT BETA MISSION 4/6

Expedition Log: 01/10/3270

"Picked up some kind of signal yesterday and it looks like the crew weren't expecting it. Got them proper rattled. There's definitely something very strange about this area of space. Won't be sad to turn around and head home.

FORMIDINE RIFT GAMMA MISSION 4/6

Expedition Log: 01/10/3270

"We picked up some kind of bizarre signal yesterday. Whatever it was wasn't human. At least, that's the scuttlebutt going around the decks. Everyone is looking out of the canopies now. We're seeing some strange lights during hyperspace transits. Terror? Yeah, we got some of that ..."

FORMIDINE RIFT GAMMA MISSION 5/6

Expedition Log: 11/11/3270

"More strange lights. We've got equipment malfunctions, scanners dropping in and out, systems restarting. Ship is limping on. Everyone wants to turn about, but if we don't complete the mission we don't get paid. No one wants to give up those credits either. You expect to turn around and see ..."

FORMIDINE RIFT GAMMA MISSION 6/6

Expedition Log: 29/11/3270

"We're done and we're heading home. We picked up some heat signature in the last system. Definitely something there and it wasn't any profile I had seen before. Something was watching us. There's something evil out here, and it doesn't like company!"

Other Dynasty log entries strongly hint that this was all Thargoids - hyperdiction, strange power failiures/malfunctions followed by at least one attack from an unknown non-human ship, but who knows? Perhaps the siren song/whispers/lights in witchspace are Thargoid, but the signals are something else entirely? There are also references to the type/number of lights and their frequencies changing in witch space as well as the siren song and unknown signals.

Last edited:
The Thargoid signal depends on the system you are in. It has nothing to do with Delphi.
If i got this right (its been a while) - It triangluates your position based off of Merope and Col 70 Sector FY-N c21-3 ... (Those are the systems to the right and left in the picture) and gives you the next system to go to that has a thargoid base .... might check this out better explanation:

https://canonn.science/codex/the-unknown-link/

I just like the Merope/Col 70 Sector FY-N c21-3 line because it is an example of what i think is the Thargoid Celestial Axis ... so to speak
I have already written above that I do not agree with this explanation.
So far it does not matter what is on the left or right, the main thing is that on top there is just a system with the final unknown device.

Look at my pictures. Why do I click on this in the codex to get to the delphi system?

And the 2 targoid signs on the sides show that this system is where a lot of interceptors are.

P.S. Example: System HIP 14909 its UP, no down

Last edited:
I want to clarify.

I don't think so. The first mentions are in Holdstock's "The Dark Wheel" in Chapter 1 (this was included with the original game):

It seems to indicate the reference is the spooky sounds and the fact that in the early days of hyperspace it was dangerous and some ships jumped never to return. As far as the Alleged Toast, it is more a reference to the excitement of exploration and the dangers of hyperspace travel. In addition, mythologically the Sirens were a yearning that if acted on would almost certainly lead to death. On the flip side of this, the Sirens were condemned to live forever luring men to their deaths until such time a man could resist their song and pass safely. I take this more to mean exploration is inherently dangerous. CMDRs are likened to the only man who heard their song and survived (Odysseus from Homer's Odyssey who plugged his men's ears with wax and bound their heads with cloth while he remained bound to the mast of the ship). Odysseus' safe passage resulted in the death of the Sirens.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210402-162433~2.png
    Screenshot_20210402-162433~2.png
    105.4 KB · Views: 68
At the risk of flogging a very dead horse, just saying... ;-)

Other Dynasty log entries strongly hint that this was all Thargoids (hyperdiction, strange power failiures/malfunctions followed by at least one attack from an unknown non-human ship, but who knows? Perhaps the siren song/whispers/lights in witchspace are Thargoid, but the signals are something else entirely? There are also references to the type/number of lights and their frequencies changing in witch space as well as the siren song and unknown signals.

Ya i looked kind hard into this because of my interest in the confluence- but I think the "Signal" that everyone heard was the signal from the [HEXEDIT="Golconda"] Zurara [/HEXEDIT] warning the other sites that they were about to be attacked by their supposed "guards". I will have to dig it out later - But ya the thing about witchspace being "different" there i still need to follow up on ;)

Last edited:

The Thetis never traveled in Witchspace. All generation ships travelled at sub-lightspeed velocities.

The Thetis never traveled in Witchspace. All generation ships travelled at sub-lightspeed velocities.
Exactly why i called it a little bit different... Edit - Ya I just dont rule them out as not being related - They are both described as whispers and even if the Thetis wasnt traveling in witchspace - i think the Void between Systems could be described as deep.... just not enought to go on either way really.

Last edited:
Ya i looked kind hard into this because of my interest in the confluence- but I think the "Signal" that everyone heard was the signal from the Galconda warning the other sites that they were about to be attacked by their supposed "guards". I will have to dig it out later - But ya the thing about witchspace being "different" there i still need to follow up on ;)
Except if you look at the FR Gamma mission excerpts in the spoiler, they clearly identify the signal as non-human (at least at rumour level, that could just be more Wagar misdirection, tm). And they seem to have made it home without getting killed (or if they were killed off by their "guards" there seems to be no record of it?). And the signals are clearly separate from the witchspace phenonmena.

Except if you look at the FR Gamma mission excerpts in the spoiler, they clearly identify the signal as non-human (at least at rumour level, that could just be more Wagar misdirection, tm). And they seem to have made it home without getting killed (or if they were killed off by their "guards" there seems to be no record of it?). And the signals are clearly separate from the witchspace phenonmena.
hmmmmm interesting - Ya will have to go over this evening

hmmmmm interesting - Ya will have to go over this evening
Maybe both the FR and Thetis signals were the "kill them all" message to some or all of the three Dynasty projects for their "guards", and for some reason it affected the passengers on the Thetis (proximity to the moon broadcasting it?). Which means might be looking for a Dynasty installation there... Thetis actually uses that phrasing in the logs.

Top Bottom