and yet no one asked the question how access to raxxla is related to the rank of elite?
She was discovered long before the introduction of the ranks, if I'm not mistaken.
Pilot's Federation founding was 2805. This was 70 years after the Birthright Wars (2621 - 2735).

The assassination of Dr. Joreb Innitu (a Thargoid researcher) happened in 3251 in Beta Hydri. I thereforce have strong reason to believe the discovery of Raxxla and/or Soontill happened between 2280 (or slightly before - Mars Artifact) - 2735 (a period of 455 years). The assasination looks to have been politically motivated (to stop the spread of info about the Thargoids). Keep in mind, the first large scale return wasn't until 18 JUL 3305 - https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/18-JUL-3305 ). Per the tourist beacon in Lave the first RECORDED interaction between humans and thargoids happened in 2849. Given the key phrasing about RECORDED that means the government of Sol likely discovered something about the Thargoids between 2280 (or before) - 2621. The earliest dates this likely would have occurred (due to hyperspace probes launched mid to late 22nd century - 2101-2200 - see Tau Ceti tourist beacon) would likely have been somewhere between 2250 - 2620.

Last edited:
I thereforce have strong reason to believe the discovery of Raxxla and/or Soontill happened between 2280 (or slightly before - Mars Artifact) - 2735 (a period of 455 years).

This is the point I was making when you first said this. I have reason to believe it was discovered before 2296 as that is the first mention of Raxxla in Arts journal - unless it was a psychic prediction

Per the tourist beacon in Lave the first RECORDED interaction between humans and thargoids happened in 2849

And per GaNet 8th Apr 3307 it was in 3111 so Im waiting to see which one gets retconned :)

The Adamastor vanished in 3111 after an incident that may have involved the first historical encounter with the Thargoids

P.S. The Penguin is back!

You can never tell with a ninja penguin, he might never have actually left! Ninjas are masters of obfuscation, deception and concealment. Perhaps we should ask him where Raxxla and TDW are?
He posted yesterday (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/stations-labelled-with-fsp.140306/post-9117228) on the “Stations labelled with FSP#” thread.

The idea was that if Fed spaceports are consecutively numbered, then a database of all 10,500 currently reported by EDDB would reveal any missing stations and hence might lead to TDW’s stealthed station (since it is likely to be a disused fed station).
However it has been pointed out that:
  • the FSP# uses only 4 decimal digits, therefore there would be repeated numbers
  • moreover they are not consecutively numbered but the FSP is generated by a procedural algorithm that depends on station name and the star system (presumably name, though might be galactic coordinates).
  • The Federation has lost systems, and therefore station FSP likely have been lost.
Hence unlikely that this would be a useful line of enquiry. 🙁

Yes we also have to acknowledge that the Codex didn’t exist at that time. Which specifically identifies that the DW is no longer in SD...

My hypothesis is that prior to this, the DW in SD was ‘then’ the real DW and issued the older DW missions that led to Raxxla or some other narrative. That was our ‘tiny bit obvious’, until FD binned it, either because (most likely) it was extremely bugged (eg missions spawning everywhere) or that it was too easy... either way I strongly suspect FD altered the narrative at this point and shelved the DW missions until the Codex, where they force implemented a new DW.

If true then using numbered stations to identify any missing stations wouldn’t find the DW because at that time I believe the DW was in SD...

It was however a grand idea, but FD basically said when questioned around Braben’s “numbered stations” fluff, that all this around Fed stations was auto generated, if it were linked to Raxxla, they had a great concept on their hands, a missed opportunity. But as you pointed out very likely random or just made up.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1619350706217.jpg
    FB_IMG_1619350706217.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 75
Interview with Arthur Tolimie - 'Narrative & Narrative Design' - its in this weeks newsletter but for future reference linked here

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/994802546

Quite good, starts around 8m in. Host does talk over him a LOT though and cuts him off a LOT but we still get some really good info.

Debunked once again 'A commander honked and jumped' through Raxxla system when asked directly if any truth in that story at all.

Speculation - Guardians not a dead race. We would have got more info but host insisted on talking over him.

Host Mentioned 'Survivorman' and apparently a load of other crash sites we haven't found yet but no idea what he was on about? Anybody know that story?

'All names chosen for a reason but players not necessarily on the right track' or words to that effect about Hesperus & Adamastor names.

Overall -started really well after obvious 'where's Raxxla?' question and we got a lot of really good info about the current story, some past and some possible future. Later got talked over a lot and cut off a lot but deffo worth watching. Maybe @Jorki Rasalas one for your video thread?

Interview with Arthur Tolimie - 'Narrative & Narrative Design' - its in this weeks newsletter but for future reference linked here

Thanks for the summary. I can't stand watching livestreams generally, and that particular host I cannot stand at all. Actually most of them I can't stand at all, but that guy is in competition for taking the cake (or biscuit, as the case may be).

Last edited:

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/994802546

Quite good, starts around 8m in. Host does talk over him a LOT though and cuts him off a LOT but we still get some really good info.

Debunked once again 'A commander honked and jumped' through Raxxla system when asked directly if any truth in that story at all.

Speculation - Guardians not a dead race. We would have got more info but host insisted on talking over him.

Host Mentioned 'Survivorman' and apparently a load of other crash sites we haven't found yet but no idea what he was on about? Anybody know that story?

'All names chosen for a reason but players not necessarily on the right track' or words to that effect about Hesperus & Adamastor names.

Overall -started really well after obvious 'where's Raxxla?' question and we got a lot of really good info about the current story, some past and some possible future. Later got talked over a lot and cut off a lot but deffo worth watching. Maybe @Jorki Rasalas one for your video thread?

Refers to the thargoid varient over Palins base that was seen as a human type being Jameson being really alive as a space "survivorman" after the final mission of First encounters as when he saved the Thargoids from Mycoid they had given him a human flyable Thargoid ship

Last edited:
So I ran across another possibility for princess astrophel. - Not quite as good as Parijat in my mind.. But this one is related to our good friend the Evening Star "Luceafărul" is a Romanian Poem about a princess who falls in love with the Evening star... I didnt notice any cunningly concealed facts though...
This is an interesting discovery, yes, and the Romanian angle is something for thought too.

Link analysis.

Luciana Nedelea - is from Romania and the artist who penned the image for Michael Brookes back tattoo (cue references to Adamastor?) but also the cover art for his ‘unpublished’ book (potential narrative for Raxxla?) of the same story, also a cover of his favourite book ‘Paradise Lost’ and Brookes used to promote her work through his Older Ones productions, and seems (from open source analysis) still in contact (social media) identifying a long established alignment.

Within MB blog post on Paradise Lost he admits he’s “no scholar”, and in fact preferred an ‘accessible’ format of one of his favourite works - Paradise Lost, the ‘Parallel Prose Edition’.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...=1573834262&linkCode=as2&tag=phasespacenet-21

Edit: Although the book cover art looks very similar in style to that of the artist, it is in fact by another by the name of Kirsten Behee.

If applicable then there could be an artistic influence pertaining to Romania within the narrative construction of Raxxla (in the past did make public enquiry into her understanding of the back tattoo context - but that logically drew a blank, it being a private commission), it’s obviously an unknown and highly likely observational bias, much like the link analysis around Brookes and ‘Oak Island’. But none the less something to consider.

Last edited:

Refers to the thargoid varient over Palins base that was seen as a human type being Jameson being really alive as a space "survivorman" after the final mission of First encounters as when he saved the Thargoids from Mycoid they had given him a human flyable Thargoid ship
John Jameson with the Cobra at the Thargoid site is the father Jameson in FE2. The Commander in FFE is unknown.

The first Thargoid war that 'ended' with Jameson's Mycoid attack, happened approximately in the 3150s.
The events in FFE happened in the 3250s. All the stuff with Agrent, Turner and the goids in the Pleiades have been confirmed in ED. What happened after 'the player' got involved with the story is completely unknown, for now.

Some Adamastor/Raxxla possible crossover tinfoil to get your Monday morning off to a good start:

Some Adamastor/Raxxla possible crossover tinfoil to get your Monday morning off to a good start:

Could be a simple reference to ‘giants and trees’?

Adamastor is a giant
Hesperus could be the daughters of Hesperus / The Garden of the Hesperides.

Lot of giants hanging about trees in Philip Sidneys work... also Hesperides holds a lot of correlation to the tree of life / golden apples / pole star / Draco...

Last edited:
Hello, cmdr's, someone's know about type9 (they have cargo thargoid sensors) convoy to witch's reach and etc. Who they are faction?

if you seen them in game and target them faction name should be in bottom left info box. Or do you mean something else you found somewhere? If so can you provide a link? Or a screenshot? Im not sure what you mean but someone else might.

sorry for my english. You right.

in 2015 devs were implementation patch 1.2, where ingame we got convoy to systems witch's reach, lft 509, isinor

My question: anybody knows convoy faction?
Not sure if you are maybe talking about the Convoy beacon
It looks like Chapter of Isinor - for Isinor atleast.... if that helps

Some Adamastor/Raxxla possible crossover tinfoil to get your Monday morning off to a good start

Nice - Ya will have to check out the thread - havent been keeping up on that one.

sorry for my english
Dont be sorry for that, I guarantee you whatever language is your native one I cant speak it better than you can speak / write in English.

If youre French I can ask for 1/2 lb of cheese.
If youre German I can ask you where the Town Hall is
If youre Welsh I can insult you pretty well but nothing else

Anything else I cant even begin to talk :)

in 2015 devs were implementation patch 1.2, where ingame we got convoy to systems witch's reach, lft 509, isinor

Do you mean the Military Convoys that were spotted talking in chat and then had UAs onboard maybe? They were precursors / signs of Thargoids and finding UAs and took a while for a Cmdr to finally hatchbreak them? if so there may be a thread somewhere but before my time so hazy on details. Dunno if thats the right time though or where they were headed and not sure what faction they were unless they were the Isinor ones that @simulacrae mentioned.

Top Bottom