After more dead-ends I found what looked 99% like a bug but I'm at the stage where I have to assume it is worth investigating. This was of course observed when I didn't have any passenger cabins so I could not accept the mission.

View attachment 226155

Off I went to pick up a passenger cabin, and on my return the mission had gone (I was aware this may be the case). However, a different passenger mission from the same faction had an even more tempting 'forge your own path' option. Of course, I'm gonna need a bigger boat passenger cabin than I'd equipped so this mission is also unavailable.

View attachment 226156

My opinion only :)

First one - looks like a bug
Second one - ??????? pffff, hmmmm, well, but what? OK what did the text details say? There may be a tourist beacon called 'Choose your own adventure' maybe? Its too specific unless its a dev joke placeholder that got bugged through or something? Was there a system to go to in the text? Slightly baffled.

he codex also hints that the children's story Princess Astrophel and Spiralling Stars is the place to look for concealed facts about Raxxla's whereabouts.

Ive speculated that if its not just fluff it might be connected to one of the books released. Salome is the closest I know of and thats nothing to do with it though. Would more likely be MB book but havent read it.

We know Salome story was put in game, do we know if any of the other authors got stuff added apart from the Stations? Maybe something in one of them is actually in game and still not found? Its a long shot I know.

I'm sure it's no coincidence that Lave was placed at R: 13h 37m

Youre going to have to explain that one please, Im completely clueless what the connection is (may be obvious to everyone else so go easy on me :))

Was there a system to go to in the text? Slightly baffled.

I didn't screenshot the second image destination but a system was specified and sufficient distance away to not want to go there without being able to accept the mission. This is what was present for the first destination and a lot closer.
Screenshot_0060.jpg

I'm not getting anything similar now, even after storing passenger cabins so guess it was just a blip or random mission with whatever chance of occurrence. Station is Malthus Terminal in Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-41, faction Anti Xeno Initiative and I had been hyperdicted a couple of times between Celaeno, Asterope and this system.

I just stumbled upon this topic and find it very interesting. Now you guys probably are much smarter in this than I am, and you reasearch the topic for a long time, so this probably popped up already a million times, but my first thought as a returning player is that Raxxala could be a wormhole?

"Place that isn't a place, door that is also the key. The myth" - For me its a description that fits a wormhole perfectly.

And the Dark Wheel thing, not sure... but doesn`t a wormhole look a bit like a Dark Wheel from a humans eye perspective?

I re-watched Interstellar and this was my first thought, when i saw this topic. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

I just stumbled upon this topic and find it very interesting. Now you guys probably are much smarter in this than I am, and you reasearch the topic for a long time, so this probably popped up already a million times, but my first thought as a returning player is that Raxxala could be a wormhole?

"Place that isn't a place, door that is also the key. The myth" - For me its a description that fits a wormhole perfectly.

And the Dark Wheel thing, not sure... but doesn`t a wormhole look a bit like a Dark Wheel from a humans eye perspective?

I re-watched Interstellar and this was my first thought, when i saw this topic. Anyway, just my 2 cents.
We may be smart, but not smart enough to find it yet after years of searching!
So any ideas are welcomed!

I didn't screenshot the second image destination but a system was specified and sufficient distance away to not want to go there without being able to accept the mission. This is what was present for the first destination and a lot closer.View attachment 226172

I'm not getting anything similar now, even after storing passenger cabins so guess it was just a blip or random mission with whatever chance of occurrence. Station is Malthus Terminal in Pleiades Sector HR-W D1-41, faction Anti Xeno Initiative and I had been hyperdicted a couple of times between Celaeno, Asterope and this system.
Ah, clearly you blew the DW invitation! 😉😁

Edit: I’m currently trying to Fed rank up my second account and getting buggy scan planet missions-search zone that didnt collapse down until target 35km away, another where datalink scanner wouldnt read the data terminal, then return station name not instantiated properly.

Last edited:
My opinion only :)

First one - looks like a bug
Second one - ??????? pffff, hmmmm, well, but what? OK what did the text details say? There may be a tourist beacon called 'Choose your own adventure' maybe? Its too specific unless its a dev joke placeholder that got bugged through or something? Was there a system to go to in the text? Slightly baffled.

Ive speculated that if its not just fluff it might be connected to one of the books released. Salome is the closest I know of and thats nothing to do with it though. Would more likely be MB book but havent read it.

We know Salome story was put in game, do we know if any of the other authors got stuff added apart from the Stations? Maybe something in one of them is actually in game and still not found? Its a long shot I know.

Youre going to have to explain that one please, Im completely clueless what the connection is (may be obvious to everyone else so go easy on me :))
I’m not aware of any carry over from the books. Witch’s Reach was in one (Wanted), but cant be entered due to unknown permit lock-unless there’s a clue in the book how to get the permit??
One (Soontill etc, cant remember which book) had the hidden CIEP station where Garry was held captive.
Ought maybe to reread them all, especially OOTD which might be a candidate but I remember the antagonists’s base was located down in the atmosphere of a GG so maybe not.

But “Princess Astrophel and the Spiralling Stars” has always stood out as being a little odd. I’ve pondered and astrophel can mean a failed star (phel in Hindi I think), which together with the spiralling stars might suggest either a WR star or a BH. The nearest WR is LAWD26B which is also very peculiar since it should not be there; IRL (& DB is supposed to be keen on scientific accuracy) it would be the brightest thing in the sky-Gamma Valorum is the nearest WR IRL and thats a naked eye star even at that range. So I thought LAWD 26B was a good candidate for the “jewel on the brow”, and then the “whisperer in witchspace” might be LAWD26A (white dwarf), but I then searched all the asteroid belts with no result.

So perhaps “Princess Astrophel and the Spiralling Stars” is a coded clue??

Welcome @MrScar . Anything is possible at this stage. Dark Wheel is a group possibly looking for Raxxla, usually when we say DW we mean the hidden station just to confuse things for newcomers :) Raxxla is a mystery and nobody knows what it is or where it is or anything about it really.

1337 = LEET = ELITE

I had to read the wiki twice :) Then realised, oh its like the calculator thing in school 58008 upside down, then it made sense, thanks.

We may be smart

Some of us dont even claim that, see my above comment :)

Welcome @MrScar . Anything is possible at this stage. Dark Wheel is a group possibly looking for Raxxla, usually when we say DW we mean the hidden station just to confuse things for newcomers :) Raxxla is a mystery and nobody knows what it is or where it is or anything about it really.

I had to read the wiki twice :) Then realised, oh its like the calculator thing in school 58008 upside down, then it made sense, thanks.

Some of us dont even claim that, see my above comment :)
DB does!
You get the scopolamine, I’ll get the brandy! 😉

Ohh, I managed 2 jumps before thinking to search for this. https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/b80v2a Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/b80v2a/choose_your_own_adventure/
mentions PLAA SCRAA EA-A E114

I'm not sure I understand if this is some past CG / exploration or similar, still only about 500-600 jumps each way to try and shed any light on it

EDIT: & just noticed the link in Jorki's reply. Oh well. I'd be gutted if I hadn't fully expected something like this based on the last nn( n ) dead-certs I've crossed off.

Last edited:
Ah, clearly you blew the DW invitation! 😉😁

The greatest fear of all hunters :) Anybody else thought Salvation might be the DW invite? Im thinking less so now coz of latest Twitter message posted here by @Factabulous but at first seemed to tick all the boxes

One (Soontill etc, cant remember which book) had the hidden CIEP station where Garry was held captive

Which isnt in game is it? Just a System description that hints at it....hmmm. Why not put it in as abandoned or something? Waiting for something else to happen first like legs maybe? Or just left to the imagination to work out what happened.

Princess Astrophel and the Spiralling Stars”

I warned you all Id be doing this from now on :)

prInCess astropheL anD the spIraLLIng stars
I + C + L + D + I + L + L + I
1 + 100 + 50 + 500 + 1 + 50 + 50 + 1

The greatest fear of all hunters :) Anybody else thought Salvation might be the DW invite? Im thinking less so now coz of latest Twitter message posted here by @Factabulous but at first seemed to tick all the boxes

Which isnt in game is it? Just a System description that hints at it....hmmm. Why not put it in as abandoned or something? Waiting for something else to happen first like legs maybe? Or just left to the imagination to work out what happened.

I warned you all Id be doing this from now on :)

prInCess astropheL anD the spIraLLIng stars
I + C + L + D + I + L + L + I
1 + 100 + 50 + 500 + 1 + 50 + 50 + 1
Salvation? Iwas thinking it might be Jaques (who I suspect of being DW member) since there seemed to be a hint of long/deep historical knowledge (how did s/he know about Hesperus??) but with the latest hint of scientific expertise I’m now thinking more along the lines of Palin (Club! A member of Elvira Martuk’s group and we know she’s a Club supporter) or maybe Prof Alba whatshername?? May also be a link back to the Sarasvati mystery/missing data archive etc....

Or CLDLL
CL, DL,L
150, 550, 50? Quick coordinate check anyone??

Last edited:
The codex also hints that the children's story Princess Astrophel and Spiralling Stars is the place to look for concealed facts about Raxxla's whereabouts.

Im still miffed about that - The Parijat story fit the bill and was sufficiently obscure.... Not making much of it beyond possible connection to the sacred trees.... gerrrr

We of course don't have access to PAaSS, but it does hint to an external source. That cold be TDW, Astrophel and Stella or something else.
When making the Raxxla mystery in ED, FD had the advantage of no pre defined location. That means that they could have taken any text, extracted some numbers and put Raxxla there.

Ya always thought this aspect made ED a great playground for these kind of mysteries... Foucaults Pendulum in space - taking a scrap of ancient myth and weaving a tale in the stars based on it :)

I'm sure it's no coincidence that Lave was placed at R: 13h 37m.

hmmmmm really? would be cool

or maybe Prof Alba whatshername??

Im leaning more towards her as well now especially after her recent unwarranted appearance in GalNet (almost to remind us who she was)....but it could also be a Scrivener / Dredger clan as that would make sense too. But yes how did Salvation get the codes to decode the LP in the Adamastor that had apparently been lost as the Alliance salvagers had no clue how to decode it? Seems like its an inherited code passed down from Azimuth originally but through who or which company is unknown.

But Im still hoping it is the start of the DW story / invite / something...a long drawn out start that takes years and keeps us going but at least gets started. I know they know we know that the DW will first appear in disguise (Codex) so they either just again deliberately making this similar and 'might be' or it is actually true this time. But the message seems maybe out of character for DW (Thargs solution one) and could go 2 ways, either a new Mycoid type solution to wipe them out or communications opened up with them to prevent the attacks...probably just new Guardian weapons though.

This is the most interesting time / story Ive had in ED so far since joining either way. Plenty of things could go plenty of ways. Loving it :)

Im leaning more towards her as well now especially after her recent unwarranted appearance in GalNet (almost to remind us who she was)....but it could also be a Scrivener / Dredger clan as that would make sense too. But yes how did Salvation get the codes to decode the LP in the Adamastor that had apparently been lost as the Alliance salvagers had no clue how to decode it? Seems like its an inherited code passed down from Azimuth originally but through who or which company is unknown.

But Im still hoping it is the start of the DW story / invite / something...a long drawn out start that takes years and keeps us going but at least gets started. I know they know we know that the DW will first appear in disguise (Codex) so they either just again deliberately making this similar and 'might be' or it is actually true this time. But the message seems maybe out of character for DW (Thargs solution one) and could go 2 ways, either a new Mycoid type solution to wipe them out or communications opened up with them to prevent the attacks...probably just new Guardian weapons though.

This is the most interesting time / story Ive had in ED so far since joining either way. Plenty of things could go plenty of ways. Loving it :)
Well, logically Pharmasapien took over Azimuth Biochemicals and by their description was probably a forerunner/adjunct of INRA (we really ought to put together a timeline of all these actors!). So Im guessing Salvation is a scientist with an insight into INRA. Alba could fit that (doesnt she work for AEGIS, who always reminded me of INRA), but possibly also Palin. Especially if he is Club and has access to their records, and they have the arrogance to think their actions are all aimed at the salvation of humanity (despite the Dynasty plot details).

Still hoping to have a continuation of the Sarasvati story though!!

Top Bottom