Apologies if this has already been discussed, but I was just offered the following mission from Galcop Colonial Defense Mission on Dervish Platform in the Ogma system.

[url]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z272/romilayu/IMG_4096cfaf-27bb-4ae2-9131-2d6f25912602_zpsu6tfyjt2.png[/URL]

[url]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z272/romilayu/IMG_7d83c7c4-629d-4a05-b6e6-006f2796b090_zpspcz7u04s.png[/URL]

Appears to be a tourist beacon half way between the Heart and Soul Nebuli.

Apology not necessary but these are a known item. The staging posts were setup by Salomé over a year ago. I think mostly to give us players something to do while Drew Wagar was in contract discussions with Frontier :)

They are now just ordinary tourist beacons.

+1 for keeping your eyes open for clues though!

It's been a long time since I've seen the missions mentioned in the OP. As far as I can see there's nothing special about the current missions (all factions) from Jameson Memorial than in any other system/station. Only minor curiosity is that I haven't seen any missions from other systems to Shinrarta Dezhra.

Elite & Founder missions are still on the mission board, they're just 'ordinary' missions.

So perhaps FD took an editorial decision to postpone the Raxxla story arc for a while.

Reminds me nostalgic times when I was mapping EAFOTS KE-Y and EAFOTS DO-O R systems... :)

I did searches like that to.:D That's why I could find a system rather quickly. I use this page, for sector names: https://cim.sotl.org.uk/elite-dangerous/

Edit: I found three more 'RA XX-L A' systems:

- Ooscs bRA XX-L A7-0
- Dryu bRA XX-L A7-0
- Hypao bRA XX-L A7-0
and the first one
- Phooe bRA XX-L A76-0

I think these are the only systems with 'Raxxla', in the name.

All the systems are in the same part of the galaxy, past Colonia.
Raxx_Systems.png

Probably not important, but it was fun that there actually were a few systems that fit. :)

Last edited:
Good work OP (and the rest of you).

I was feeling a bit sad now that The Formidine thing has all been wrapped up.
Might have to dive into this. (Pity the missions have vanished for now). Still gives me some time to get a bit of rank for my PC cmdr.

I did searches like that to.:D That's why I could find a system rather quickly. I use this page, for sector names: https://cim.sotl.org.uk/elite-dangerous/

- Ooscs bRA XX-L A7-0
- Dryu bRA XX-L A7-0
- Hypao bRA XX-L A7-0
and the first one
- Phooe bRA XX-L A76-0

Probably not important, but it was fun that there actually were a few systems that fit. :)

Jackie Silver would know if it fits the proc. generation naming pattern, or if it's an anomaly. I'll ask him.

Edit: Had a look myself and Phooe bRA XX-L A76-0 is a bit different from the others as this is a T9 star type. The rest are Ys.

Last edited:
Thanks to you for the transcription, Macros. Much more intelligible for me now. :)
May I, respectfully, suggest you put the link on the FP in the quote "Strongest indications for the existence of Raxxla ...]" for newcomers?

Agreed - This is a good idea...

- Ooscs bRA XX-L A7-0
- Dryu bRA XX-L A7-0
- Hypao bRA XX-L A7-0
and the first one
- Phooe bRA XX-L A76-0

I still maintain that it's located much closer to the bubble, Since it was reachable hundreds of years ago with the earlies jump drive tech, long before the rest of the galaxy was explored...

I wonder if our cultists friends have a church in Colonia ... They might want to take a look at these. [yesnod]

They have some fast movers in their ranks, that's for sure.

I don't trust them to tell us until they have made a movie about it, though. :D

Nope, no church, or any official presence in Colonia (Assuming you are talking about CoR). We are as in the dark regarding Raxxla's location as everyone else, hence the participation in the thread! We do have some prolific explorers in our ranks though.

The second we get movie rights signed I'll let you know Han :p lol

- Ooscs bRA XX-L A7-0
- Dryu bRA XX-L A7-0
- Hypao bRA XX-L A7-0
and the first one
- Phooe bRA XX-L A76-0

Are these worth checking out? I'm in Colonia now...and a bit bored.

Jackie Silver would know if it fits the proc. generation naming pattern, or if it's an anomaly. I'll ask him.

Edit: Had a look myself and Phooe bRA XX-L A76-0 is a bit different from the others as this is a T9 star type. The rest are Ys.

Jackie Silver says it's not that unusual unfortunately. Still, in the spirit of no stone left unturned, I'll bookmark it and have a look on my circumnavigation. Reckon I'll be in the vicinity in Jan. 2018.

Are these worth checking out? I'm in Colonia now...and a bit bored.

Please do, CMDR.

We eagerly await your news on Raxxla [smile]

Last edited:
I have no idea. Most likely they are just regular proc. gen. systems, but who knows?

Jackie Silver says it's not that unusual unfortunately. Still, in the spirit of no stone left unturned, I'll bookmark it and have a look on my circumnavigation. Reckon I'll be in the vicinity in Jan. 2018.

Please do, CMDR.

We eagerly await your news on Raxxla [smile]

I'll have a look when I get home tonight and see how far off they are...look to be around another 20K from Colonia.

It's been a long time since I've seen the missions mentioned in the OP. As far as I can see there's nothing special about the current missions (all factions) from Jameson Memorial than in any other system/station. Only minor curiosity is that I haven't seen any missions from other systems to Shinrarta Dezhra.

Elite & Founder missions are still on the mission board, they're just 'ordinary' missions.
So perhaps FD took an editorial decision to postpone the Raxxla story arc for a while.

That's not the history of the missing missions...

When Horizons launched they changed the missions with the intention that they should only appear at Jameson's Memorial (which for Dark Wheel makes sense) as previously they appeared everywhere. (change log)

They basically haven't been seen since, and a bug report was logged but ultimately no answer from QA as to whether this was a bug or not. (Link: "or Founder" missions no longer generated since v1.5/Horizons?)

Then when the mission boards were re-worked and because they still weren't showing up, I asked if they'd be reappearing and if the Founders 'rank' was still being considered by the new mission generation in the Countdown to the Engineers beta livestream Q&A - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...m-part-2-today-at-7pm-bst.244890/post-3810621

The removal of rank-locked missions was addressed in the livestream, but not the questions regarding Founder's missions - so I asked in the thread if we could have some answers to those questions and got this answer- see the bolded part
Hi,

I did have a founder answer but we ran out of time. There are a couple of founder only variants of missions in for 2.1. They will be more rewarding variants of a couple of the templates you know. It's what we could do for 2.1 and we want to try to find time to work on them later.

To clarify, missions require you to be a founder or elite, so the only rank gated missions in the game.

Adam
(https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...m-part-2-today-at-7pm-bst.244890/post-3816046)

This is where the Sensitive Supply Operation mission came from. If there are any others, I've not really noticed them but do spend very little time at JM.

Anyway I asked again in December in the Mission Changes Feedback thread about the status of the still missing missions and Adam said:

I will try to look into this, they should still be available. Obviously this doesn't seem to be the case.
(Link: Mission Changes Feedback thread)

Nothing has changed as far as I can tell.
So were they left out in 2.1?
Have they since been added back but aren't appearing for some reason? Perhaps the same reason that hid them in 1.5/2.0?

Who knows? I've asked yet again in the 2.4 beta forum, and it's not drawn any response from FD so far.

Anyone else who's interested in getting an answer, well please do add your voice into this thread:
Is there any hope of seeing the "Elite or Founder" missions returning?

I've had a few reps sent my way for posting it, but really I think it will help much more if other people add their questions to the thread too and bump it back into page #1, otherwise it'll probably just disappear and go unanswered again.

Thanks & o7 Commanders!

[edit 15/10/2020] fixed the broken links caused by the forum migration.
Also, to put everything in one place, here's the response I got when I raised the issue again during a livestream back in September 2017-
6. Will the “Founder or Elite” missions ever get added back into the game?

Nothing to talk about on this right now.
(From Spoiler for "QUESTIONS FROM 07/09/2017": https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/livestreams-questions-and-answers-thread.375883/post-5898193)

Last edited:
Thanks for the account for the missing missions, CMDR. Agree that we should put some effort in getting an answer from FD on this subject.

Raxxla will be show up eventually. What the old Elite mission text tells us, is that several organisations are actively looking for it. Non of them have found it so far.

I don't think even the 'real' Dark Wheel knows how to get there.

If I were to guess, I would say that Raxxla has some kind of connection to the Guardians and the Mars relic.
Same here, that thing never leaves my mind. :D
From time to time, I return to Sol, and against all odds, start searching around again...looking for a clue, anything that sticks out.

why is Triton permit locked, why...why [where is it]

Top Bottom