So the omphalos rift might be a dust lane near the core?

It's not near the core. The dust lane is about 3000ly out.

I have been out there quite a bit. Mostly around Deneb(Alpha Cygni in ED), as it's considered to mark the start of the rift in some cultures. The place the universe was born form the cosmic egg.

There is a strange effect in the system map, that seem to only occur in giant stars in Cygnus. I made a few posts about the subject, around January.

It's not near the core. The dust lane is about 3000ly out.

I have been out there quite a bit. Mostly around Deneb(Alpha Cygni in ED), as it's considered to mark the start of the rift in some cultures. The place the universe was born form the cosmic egg.

There is a strange effect in the system map, that seem to only occur in giant stars in Cygnus. I made a few posts about the subject, around January.

I didnt mean that rift - we're looking for the Omphalos Rift from the codex (or may be..) I was taking Guru's comment along the lines of - rifts are the dust lanes in the galaxy..

So Ariadne - yes very nice, but where next with this? Naxos,Minos,Crete - not in EDSM etc.

The codex discusses a childrens book - for the Ariadne link we'd need a children's version of that story that also includes an alien artefact/gateway/tunnel for it to match the codex..

The Quest To Find Raxxla - Place that isn't a place, door that is also the key. The myth.

This ship log will be used to document the assumptions, facts, theories and efforts surrounding Raxxla, with the ultimate goal of locating Raxxla. All commanders willing to join are most welcome. If no new entries are made by me for a period of 2 weeks, you must assume that I have been eliminated by the Dark Wheel, swallowed by the abyss, or found Raxxla and have gone there. I hope for the latter (but will probably send pretty postcards).

Raxxla
A planet in another galaxy? with an alien construct that's a gateway to other Universes. The Dark Wheel found it (and lost it?), and will keep it's location secret at all costs.

Assumptions

• Raxxla exists and can be found.
    • Supporting indications:
      • The existence of the Dark Wheel faction which is strongly connected to Raxxla.
      • Missions[2][3][4][6] are currently was being handed out and might be related to Raxxla.
        • Mission [2] mentions a rumour that talks about:"A certain celestial body. Place that isn't a place, door that is also the key. The myth.". Upon delivery you receive a message mentioning a map and a context for coordinates.
        • Mission [6] is very vague about the "hunt for, well, you know", but could be a reference to Raxxla. However, this mission could be feeding the ships log (data crystals or spheres?) into the Mission: Obfuscated In The Outer Rim.
      • Strongest indication for the existence of Raxxla so far is Drew's blog entry[7]
Theories
  • Members of the Dark Wheel are already making inter-galactic jumps using the spheres they have onboard, hence the "intercept Dark Wheel ships" Elite only mission.
    • Complete missions to see if it gives any results.
    • Tail all and any Dark Wheel ships using a wake scanner to see if they suddenly inexplicably disappear.
  • The Dark Wheel has lost[6]? the location of Raxxla and are currently trying to decrypt data crystals? to recover the location. Missions[2][3][5] indicate that the Dark Wheel is having no luck decrypting the data crystals themselves and are employing the services of others to assist in this endeavour, directly and indirectly.
  • Raxxla is in an another galaxy and the only way to get to it is using the key;the gateway placed in our galaxy. Where would one place an alien gateway in our galaxy?
    • Possible gateway incarnations:
      • "Gateway station" - a station acting as a gateway, upon entering you are instantly transported?, how would you select destination - one station - one destination?
      • Jumping into a permitted system transports you to another universe? - Witch's Reach? - or a station in the permitted system is the gateway
      • Entering hyperspace in a particular fashion or in a particular system will transport you?
      • A system with the alien construct with a letterbox orbiting a planet, just like a station?
Please note that the missions listed, are no longer offered. AndyJ gave a great account here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-Find-Raxxla?p=5869706&viewfull=1#post5869706

Tourist Spot's in Shinrarta Dezhra

Public FD Raxxla statements:

1. DB:Does Raxxla exist?
  2. MB:Positive confirmation for Raxxla in the Milky way - DJTruthsayer lore interview with Michael Brookes
  3. DW:Raxxla exists and we know where it is
ED Beyond - Chapter Four 3.3 brought more data about Raxxla via the Codex.
nbEdqrN.png

RAXXLA

"To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies! To the whisperer in witch-
space, the siren of the deepest void! The parent's grief, the lover's woe, and the yearning of
our vagabond hearts. To Raxxla!"

- Alleged toast of the Dark Wheel

The legend of Raxxla has been circulation, in whispers, for centuries. The quest for this
mysterious place, the location of which is a deadly secret, was said to be the principal aim
of the Dark Wheel, a putative fraternity of legend-chasers from the early days of interstellar
travel.

The earliest recorded mention of Raxxla dates from 2296, from the journal of Art Tornqvist,
a shipboard mechanic based in the Tau Ceti systems. He writes: 'Cora comes home soused
and raving with wild stories, a new one every night. She claims she's found a map to some
pirate stash, and all I have to do is load her my ship so we can go dig it up. Meybe we
should go find Raxxla while we're at it!' Although Tornqvist's account is the first known
attestation of Raxxla, it is clear fom text that the myth was already in circulation.

It is extremely difficult to find consistency among the various fragmentary rumours of
Raxxla. Much like the ancient myths of Atlantis, El Dorado and the kingdom of Prester John,
interpretations of the story range from the sceptical to the outlandish: Raxxla has been
suggested to be anything from an unremarkable moon to a state of cosmetic enlightenment.
The earliest document stories tend to agree on several points, however: that Raxxla is a
definite place and that it holds a mystical secret.

Several versions of the Raxxla story mention an alien artefact, the Omphalos Rift, described
as a gateway or tunnel through which parallel universe can be accessed. These details
however, were later shown to bear a striking resemblance to children's story Princess
Astrophel and Spiralling States, and soon lost credibility. Undaunted, some Raxxla
seekers insisted that the story's author had cunningly concealed facts about the
mysterious locale in his book as hints for those with eyes to see.

Students of Raxxla lore have noted that the legend exerts a strangely potent fascination on
the minds of seekers. Commentators have compared this sensation to 'fernweh'. the
unaccountable longing for a place one has never seen. More than one interstellar
treasure-seeker has become obsessed with Raxxla to the exclusion of all other dreams,
and spent his or her entire life in a futile search for it.

Raxxla also plays a role in several conspiracy theories, most of which attest that is has
already been discovered by some kind of sinister cabal (or sole tyrant), which has
leveraged its power to establish covert dominance over humanity.

Whatever the truth of the matter, one thing remains irrefutable: the legend of Raxxla
continues to inspire explorers and conspiracy theorists to this day.

sYAioCE.png

vuK9ujq.png

"Oh, they're out there alright. I've never met them, but I know they're oout there. Think about
how well known the stories are. Now think about how easy it would be for some two-bit
band of hucksters to pass themselves off as the Dark Wheel and start trafing on their
reputation. Doesn't happen, does it? Not for long, anyway. Whenever someone tries to
usurp the Dark Wheel name, sooner or later they get quietly shut down. And that's how I
know"

- Felicy Farseer, explorer

The Dark Wheel is the name given to a legendary group of adventurers, explorers,
investigators and treasure-hunters, the existence of which is so lacking in corroborative
evidence that it is generally considered a myth. The group is often mentioned in
connection with the equally unsubstantiated 'Raxxla'.

Those who believe in the existence of the Dark Wheel consider it to be a continous and
clandestine organisation operating since the very earliest days of interstellar travel.
According to the lore, only a handful of the bravest and most competent pilots of each
generation are honoured with an invitation to join the group. It is futile to attempt to
contact the Dark Wheel on one's own initiative, however - it is always they who initiate
contact, initially in disguise, revealing their true identity only once a suitable test of
courage and skill has been discreetly administered, and passed.

Opposing theories assert that new members are selected on the basis of lineage, with
existing members covertly training their children and revealing the fact of their
membership only when the child is ready. Conversely, some members are believed to go to
great lengths to prevent their children from ever become involved, the the group's
secrets are dangerous.

According to self-professed Dark Wheel expert Lyta Crane, a conspiracy theorist and
'people's journalist' who has painstakingly assembled an archive of relevant data, the
original group was based in a disused starport orbiting the eighth moon of an unnamed
gas giant. The station was toroid, hence 'wheel', and operated with a minimal power output
so as to avoid detection, hence 'dark'.

Crane believes that this starport is still in use, and is the only means whereby the genuine
Dark Wheel can verify its identity; new inductees can examine the record and artefacts
preserved there, and thus satisfy themselves that the group has indeed been operating for
centuries. No such starport has ever been found, however, and rival experts have accused
Crane of forging her evidense in order to maintain the revenue from her billions of
followers.

Over the years, many people have claimed to be members of the Dark Wheel, to have
identified some or all of the group's members, or to have discovered the group's location,
but the contradictory nature of these claims suggests that most of them, if not all, are
untrue.

In 3300, a group identifying itself as the Dark Wheel emerged in the Shinrarta Dezhra
system, which is not accessible to pilots of lower than Elite rank. It is not apparent if the
group is a legitimate descendant of the original Dark Wheel, a reconstruction, or merely an
opportunistic imitator.
This thread also searches for the Dark Wheel station.

nbEdqrN

nbEdqrN

References
[1] The Dark Wheel
[2] Mission: Obfuscated In The Outer Rim
[3] Mission: The Silent Song Of The Spheres
[4] Mission: Discrete Redistribution Agent Desired
[5] Mission: Dark Wheel Seeks Diplomats For Discreet Delivery
[6] Mission: What Was Lost Will Soon Be Found
[7] Possible Raxxla existence confirmation
[8] Positive confirmation for Raxxla in the Milky way - DJTruthsayer lore interview with Michael Brookes
[9] Drew Wagar talks about the very first Raxxla references in "The Dark Wheel"
[10] Xaintly's compilation of this thread (9 March 3305)
[11] Thread searching for the Dark Wheel Station

Our illustrious thread starter does appear from time to time - not quite every 2 weeks. Last seen on another thread today, so the DW haven't got him tied up and gagged with gaffa tape in a disused warehouse :)

Haven't seen Skytale for a while - must be off negotiating the manufacture of more t-shirts..

YB

On "Princess Astrophel and the spiralling stars" - perhaps the sonnets are relevant (seemed like a false positive to me) and its some form of book cipher. The 'cunningly concealed facts about the mysterious locale in his book, as hints for those with eyes to see.' sounds like a clue to it being a cipher.

The sprialling stars maybe referring to a fibonacci sequence, which is a favourite of DB and Fdev, so we need the right seeds and then look up the letters in the sonnets? Or something akin to that..

The spiralling stars maybe referring to a fibonacci sequence, which is a favourite of DB and Fdev, so we need the right seeds and then look up the letters in the sonnets? Or something akin to that..

This post deserves to be recorded. IMHO. Cause I can.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
Funny thing: to me, that looks like someone's left hand index finger touching a broken bottle. Except it's more like an hourglass shape than a broken bottle.

And the only vaguely hourglass-shaped constellation I can think of is Orion. Which means that the finger is touching Betelgeuse.

And another funny thing:

Map of Betelgeuse - 4 planets. This matches what you see flying in space, orbit lines and all.
View attachment 127291

However, in FSS exploration mode... 5 orbit lines!!!
View attachment 127293

I've been flying around trying to use the parallax effect to hopefully detect a hidden anything that would be in that orbit, but no luck so far. The orbit line doesn't appear in space, so it's kinda hard to follow it.

AFAIK that's normal and very common, although I don't see the reason behind that oddball "surplus line".

Here's a generic example from a random System with an additional "Orbit 2.5" between a 2nd and 3rd Planet line :

Scytale

Banned
Haven't seen Skytale for a while - must be off negotiating the manufacture of more t-shirts..

I'm here. Just waiting for late 2020 (with ED shelved, playing cool STALKER mods !) to see how badly the Devs are going to spoil a new section of the game, just like they did with Exploration and that crappy FSS.
For now, April patch, they keep going on with converting ED in an arcade-ish game....
And still no story teller at FD...
Anyway, good point that Fibonacci spiral thing !

Last edited:
Raxxla Codex ramblings
‘Undaunted, some Raxxla seekers insisted that the story's author had cunningly concealed facts about the mysterious locale in his book as hints for those with eyes to see’.

It is becoming apparent the FD may have alluded to a hidden language (or not, tis could all be carmine fish), as within my reading of Astrohpel and Stella out of context is seems apparent that there is more to the text than meets the eye.

Looking for some use of hidden language within Sidney’s work it became apparent he was a student of John Dee a notable mathematician, astronomer, astrologer, occult philosopher, and advisor to Queen Elizabeth I. Dee was also a noted follower of Hermeticism and of Alchemy as was Sidney.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dee

Shakespeare, Alchemy and the Creative Imagination
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=l1vcAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA50&lpg=PA50&dq=philip+sidney+alchemy&source=bl&ots=oGWQFxHLG3&sig=ACfU3U2wpakTUEDCoxHooCphtbFL4Cs1hQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjnqfioz8bhAhVfTBUIHSdNCuwQ6AEwBHoECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=philip sidney alchemy&f=false

Now if we are to look for a ‘hidden language’ within Astrophel I could not think of one better than Hermetic alchemy, and an example does present itself within sonnet 108:

'When sorrow, using mine own fire's might, Melts down his lead into my boiling breast, Through that dark furnace to my heart oppressed There shines a joy from thee, my only light; But soon as thought of thee breeds my delight; And my young soul flutters to thee, his nest; Most rude despair, my daily unbidden guest, Clips straight my wings, straight wraps me in his night, And makes me then bow down my head, and say: "Ah, what doth Phoebus' gold that wretch avail Whom iron doors do keep from use of day?" So strangely, alas, thy works in me prevail, That in my woes for thee thou art my joy, And in my joys for thee my only annoy.'

Sidney's Astrophil and Stella, Sonnet 108Jeffrey P. Cain
https://digitalcommons.sacredheart....uk/&httpsredir=1&article=1059&context=eng_fac

What could this all be towards I can’t tell at present, either a different way to read the text or even the codex - who knows but another thing sticks out from the text and that’s certain similarities with the Omphalos.

Now there doesn’t seem to be any reference to the Omphalos stone in Astrophel but within Hermetic alchemy this could be construed as the Philosopher's stone. Again I don’t at present see any reference either but the 108 sonnets similarity to the 108 suitors of Homers Odyessy brought out a curious quote about something called the Penelope Game or Penelope Stone Game:

'The 108 sonnets in Sidneys sequence allude satirically to the 108 stones, each representing what Thomas Browne calls Prodigal paramour in the ancient Penelope game.'

A Mirror for Lovers: Shake-speare's Sonnets as Curious Perspective
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=yIQgrF0HK6kC&pg=PA36&lpg=PA36&dq=A+Mirror+for+Lovers:+Shake-speare's+Sonnets+as+Curious+Perspective+penelope&source=bl&ots=39oBwvvtkR&sig=ACfU3U2I0n6NV3MGz-sHENVWuxWplFUdsw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjSsZHj0cbhAhXx0eAKHV7cDykQ6AEwAXoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=A Mirror for Lovers: Shake-speare's Sonnets as Curious Perspective penelope&f=false

Is the Omphalos the Philosopher's stone / Penelope Stone?
Is there a way to read the texts (both Codex and Astrophel) Hermeticially?

Edit: An additional point of interest is that the nova within Cassiopeia had occurred within only 2 years of Philip creating Astrophel and as a student of astronomy he would have been very aware of it.

Stella's eyes are often referred as stars and could the 'with eyes to see' relate to the stars of Cassiopeia and or the nova?

Last edited:
Now if we are to look for a ‘hidden language’ within Astrophel I could not think of one better than Hermetic alchemy, and an example does present itself within sonnet 108:

How can Astrophil and Stella contain a hidden language that refers specifically to Raxxla in Elite Dangerous, given the dates of publication / release?

If there is a cipher, Astrophil and Stella may contain the bulk text, but the keycode must be in-game.

You guys are analyzing all these external sources completely independently / on their own merit, and then expecting to see "RAXXLA" in there, somehow.

108 is a significant number as the angles (angels) in a pentagon, the sum of 72 (years in one degree of precession) plus 36 (6x6 minor gods of Babylon) and may be worth following up for many other cross discipline concepts in arithmetic, (sacred) geometry, cosmology and music (frequency) (aka the Quadrivium).

A lot of the alchemical references you'll find relate only to this Solar system and raising the vibration of metals from Royal Saturnia (lead) through Jupiter (tin) to Mars (iron), Venus (copper) and eventually Moon (silver) then good and pure Sol (gold) with mercury as the thief that unbinds for the major works to be conducted.

The planets (gods) also have representatives in the animal and vegetable kingdoms but from what I've reviewed in the depths of the dev diaries and other DB interviews I'm not entirely sure his thinking has gone too far down that path or we'd be detecting more corroborating evidence hidden in plain sight, taunting us.

Keep digging for sure, we still have a distinct connection between many of the game assets and the platonic solids, and a mention of the Fibonacci sequence / Golden Ratio as the basis for procedural generation but DB seems to have been influenced more by science fiction on TV than the occult philosophical sciences.

It's a combined effort, keep throwing up ideas until a pattern is discerned...

Last edited:
How can Astrophil and Stella contain a hidden language that refers specifically to Raxxla in Elite Dangerous, given the dates of publication / release?

If there is a cipher, Astrophil and Stella may contain the bulk text, but the keycode must be in-game.

You guys are analyzing all these external sources completely independently / on their own merit, and then expecting to see "RAXXLA" in there, somehow.

Apologies I thought I had alluded to that but to clarify, I was looking for patterns in text the game is referring to. Raxxla doesn't and won't be appearing in any text outside the game that's pretty obvious as its a fiction only existent to this game, but references to astrological or astronomical entities or objects they may, or sequences of important numbers. E.g. constellation names; number of sonnets etc.

What I am doing is looking for both obvious answers to the text and obscure ones - anything really to understand how Astrophel is relevant within the game.

The text (in game) is likely a cipher, the way to read it could well be something referenced in the text of Astrophel, as it does reference both openly and obscurely various things not simply romantic prose.

'cunningly concealed facts about the mysterious locale in his book as hints for those with eyes to see’.

The above analysis is to look for any method of hiding meaning, the Elizabethans were quite good at it...

Last edited:
Ok for the sheer fun of it i will make a case for Lyra and Orphic/Chthonic connections

To the Jewel that burns on the Brow of the Mother of Galaxies ! - While Cassiopeia sounds good for this ... what if this is like the Orphic Hymns
Orphic Hymn #3: Nyx
(translated by Karl Hand)

To the God-bearer, Mother of Men,
I shall hymn this even-song.
To Night! The primal origin,
(We name Thee, Love!)
Hail, happy Goddess,
Black with starry gleam,
Joy in Thy quietude,
And our peaceful, heady dreams.
Midnight merrymaker’s friend,
In labour for our delusions,
And work release from every
fraught fury - Thy gentle rest!
Entrancing, beloved absolute,
Sparkling rider in the dark.
You are not whole where you dwell
You are shady, heaven’s hell.
And circle, like a bird of prey
those playful spirits you pursue.
And light is damned by you,
And into damnation again you flee
To hell’s gate, for not even you
are immune to the governance of necessity
And so I summon blessed Night,
For Earth is longing for your richness.
Hail, full of grace,
Listen to they servant’s supplication
And with thy favour, dismiss
the sparkling terrors of this night.

*most of the translations of the Orphic hymns on the internet are poor flowery things written by Taylor, Thomas (1792).... I found this one here
, The Mother of Galaxies could possibly be Nyx who according to the Derveni Papyrus gave birth to Uranus (the heavens). I also found this poem interesting ... The Brow of Night

The second bit about Whispers in Witchspace "to me" still sounds like Eurydices whisper of "farewell" in the tunnel to the Underworld. With the bit about Siren of the Deepest Void probably referencing Orpheus in the Underworld.

The epitome of Parents Grief is the tale of Niobe whos husband Amphion is also associated with Lyra.

I cant say much for the "lovers woe" other than it sounds like star crossed lovers ... which would be Pyramus and Thisbe (which have no Orphic connotations...drat) or even Astrophil and Stella (This Sidney fella really annoys me... but he like Eros who has been associated with Phanes who was born from a cosmic egg? mother ... Nyx )... or maybe the star crossed lovers were just Orpheus and Eurydice? Meh oh well

"Yearning of our Vagabond hearts" Travel ... Patron god - Hermes : Ruler of the Gate, Patron of Travelers ... and wait for it ... inventor of the Lyre

Music of the Spheres ... Lyre

I meant that filled squares on the radar similar to other ships. I found one old video. Some CMDR jumped to Betelgeuse, and then going near around 2.4k l.s. Then message appeared on the the panel about new contact and the marker on the radar too. May it was other CMDR or NPC? Or some object inside or other side of the star? I fear it may be offtop here to post link

Top Bottom