The Quest To Find Raxxla

Has anyone considered that we're all the real dark wheel, vehemently searching for raxxla? I mean everyone else is an NPC just doing what they're programed to do.
Yea, I've wondered that. The pilots federation is in the same system as teh dark wheel. The dark wheel is exploration based and connected to maps and the people who run cartographics etc. It's about the most logical answer. The question would be where and what is raxxla?

Has anyone considered that we're all the real dark wheel, vehemently searching for raxxla? I mean everyone else is an NPC just doing what they're programed to do.
We aren't quite there yet. Our first ship is gifted to us by a mysterious benefactor(a friend). They are keeping an eye on us.

If we prove our self, they(possibly The Dark Wheel) might contact us again.

The letter

Last edited:
Idk how big this new patch is, but on my PS4 I need 30+gb free space. It better more than just a bug patch if I have to delete newer games to make room.

Sorry I know this is incredibly off topic. Just pointing out it could(hopefully) be more than just a bug patch
that makes me hopeful. . . but is the patch ever small for PS4 - or do they just do a whole game reinstall every time?

We aren't quite there yet. Our first ship is gifted to us by a mysterious benefactor(a friend). They are keeping an eye on us.

The letter
which player guide of the game is that from?

I found a mildly interesting system.

G 180-18

• It's in Corona Borealis, close to Eta and Rho
  • It has a station called Hale Port, controlled by a Faction called Helix

Corona Borealis is the wedding crown with jewels.
Hale Ports is an anagram of Astrophel. There are four Hale Ports in ED. (LHS 1050, LHS 112, Yukait and G 180-18).
Helix is of course a spiral.

Not much, but if someone needs something to do, it's there. :)

The letter
I compare this to Rafe Zetter making that cobra 3 available to Jason to have been kinda similar to our gifted ship from a mysterious friend. Rafe was awful mysterious. Then he made Jason earn elite. It fits.

The letter
I know of another occasion when the friend contacts us.
Usually i don't do a lot of combat but back in January I completed a lot of 'kill pirate' missions in one system in order to gain combat elite rank (unfortunately can't remember where exactly, but it was no special faction like DW or similar). Killed hundreds of pirates of one anarchy faction which made me a hostile commander to them. I completed even more kill pirate missions and suddenly got a message from the hostile faction. They told me that its enough and that they start sending out agents to hunt me down. Soon after that another message appeared, from our 'friend' , who told me how I could get rid of those agents. Had to scan something on a planetary outpost nearby (something common like generator or turret or similar, but again cannot remember exactly). After the scan the agents disappeared. Happened two times.
I am wondering if the outcome is different if we get hostile to Dark Wheel or Pilots Federation Local Branch? It is on my todo list but it is quite hard to get hostile to those factions.

Last edited:
I found a mildly interesting system.

G 180-18

• It's in Corona Borealis, close to Eta and Rho
  • It has a station called Hale Port, controlled by a Faction called Helix

Corona Borealis is the wedding crown with jewels.
Hale Ports is an anagram of Astrophel. There are four Hale Ports in ED. (LHS 1050, LHS 112, Yukait and G 180-18).
Helix is of course a spiral.

Not much, but if someone needs something to do, it's there. :)
Excellent find. What about triangulation of those systems, anything there?

Excellent find. What about triangulation of those systems, anything there?
I haven't looked at it much. I'm currently experimenting with alignments in the Lave cluster (Galaxy 1, the mother of all Galaxies in Elite).

If you skip LHS 112, you get a plane that is very close to Sol and probably intersecting Tau Ceti. I haven't calculated the distances, but I think Tau Ceti is about a quarter of an ly of the plane. UV Ceti looks spot on.

I know of another occasion when the friend contacts us.
Usually i don't do a lot of combat but back in January I completed a lot of 'kill pirate' missions in one system in order to gain combat elite rank (unfortunately can't remember where exactly, but it was no special faction like DW or similar). Killed hundreds of pirates of one anarchy faction which made me a hostile commander to them. I completed even more kill pirate missions and suddenly got a message from the hostile faction. They told me that its enough and that they start sending out agents to hunt me down. Soon after that another message appeared, from our 'friend' , who told me how I could get rid of those agents. Had to scan something on a planetary outpost nearby (something common like generator or turret or similar, but again cannot remember exactly). After the scan the agents disappeared. Happened two times.
I am wondering if the outcome is different if we get hostile to Dark Wheel or Pilots Federation Local Branch? It is on my todo list but it is quite hard to get hostile to those factions.
Should be fairly easy to get hostile with a faction; take and drop missions immediately, although I suspect getting new missions will be getting harder and harder. Last resort would be to destroy ships belonging to the faction as you did killing their pirate ships.

Just a simple thought on a path to Raxxla.

"RA" may be, in Egyption mythology, the "Sun".
"XX" may be a "find for X" a distance traveled.
"LA" may be the first two letters of "LAve".

So, I'm plotting a path from the sun to lave, and plan to travel that path and scan everything along the way.

Probably nothing, but it should be a fun and short trip. The theory is no less valid than anything else I've heard.

Just a simple thought on a path to Raxxla.

"RA" may be, in Egyption mythology, the "Sun".
"XX" may be a "find for X" a distance traveled.
"LA" may be the first two letters of "LAve".

So, I'm plotting a path from the sun to lave, and plan to travel that path and scan everything along the way.

Probably nothing, but it should be a fun and short trip. The theory is no less valid than anything else I've heard.
I like it.

Top Bottom