The Quest To Find Raxxla

I'll throw this in - perhaps it's been said already:

'Empyrean' (as in Empyrean Straits in Elite Dangerous):

'The region of pure light and fire; the highest heaven, where the pure element of fire was supposed by the ancients to exist: the same as the ether, the ninth heaven according to ancient astronomy.' - https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/empyrean
'In ancient cosmologies, the Empyrean Heaven, or simply the Empyrean, was the place in the highest heaven, which was supposed to be occupied by the element of fire (or aether in Aristotle's natural philosophy). The word derives from the Medieval Latin empyreus, an adaptation of the Ancient Greek empyrus (ἔμπυρος), meaning "in or on the fire (pyr)".​
The Empyrean was thus used as a name for the firmament, and in Christian literature for the dwelling-place of God, the blessed, celestial beings so divine they are made of pure light, and the source of light and creation. Notably, at the very end of Dante's Paradiso, Dante visits God in the Empyrean.' - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empyrean
Galnet (17 MAY 3305: Ship Thief’s Personal Log Discovered) snippet:

'"Our analysts have recovered a few fragments of these recordings, which appear to have been part of a dream journal. In them, Romero makes repeated mention of seeing ‘an area of space, not black but radiant…glowing like heaven,’ and being called by ‘voices that didn’t come from anything with a body’.”' - https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/?_ga=2.31617022.1381856172.1558197208-2045474525.1557421150
This is a huge area of the galaxy, with absolutely tons of stars...

Last edited:
Where is that quote from?
Three options:
1. From the deepest abyss within the Akasha.
2. Underneath the first laid stone of the Great Pyramid at RosTau written in proto-hieroglyphs.
3. From the poetic subconscious mind of the Arch Emperor among emperors.

It is also a dynamic state: Because if I tell you, Raxxla will already be something completely alien again.

We are manifesting Raxxla as we go.... it is the road that is forming it.

"This code is meta-morphing as we read it."

Last edited:
You could also do that bit from the Neverending Story where the book has a paragraph about a reader sitting at their desk reading the book.

Just a simple thought on a path to Raxxla.

"RA" may be, in Egyption mythology, the "Sun".
"XX" may be a "find for X" a distance traveled.
"LA" may be the first two letters of "LAve".

So, I'm plotting a path from the sun to lave, and plan to travel that path and scan everything along the way.

Probably nothing, but it should be a fun and short trip. The theory is no less valid than anything else I've heard.
I've tried RA = RA system (System available in original Elite and Elite Dangerous).

from RA system towards Lave system 20LY?
from RA system towards Alpha Centauri 20 and 50 LY (roman numerals for 70 would be LXX and for 30, XXX)
from RA system towards Sagi A 20 LY?

From original (now not available) Dark Wheel Missions...
"A Certain celestial body. Place that (its name?) isn't a place, door that (its name?) is also the key (to find?). The myth."

I've tried RA = RA system (System available in original Elite and Elite Dangerous).

from RA system towards Lave system 20LY?
from RA system towards Alpha Centauri 20 and 50 LY (roman numerals for 70 would be LXX and for 30, XXX)
from RA system towards Sagi A 20 LY?

From original (now not available) Dark Wheel Missions...
"A Certain celestial body. Place that (its name?) isn't a place, door that (its name?) is also the key (to find?). The myth."
I've given this some thought. It may only be possible in Elite Dangerous. I was also thinking of searching the "edges" of Lave and Lessti as most of the things are in the "center" near the sun and no one looks out to the boundries of anything. If there were a station i.e. a Dark Wheel, which does not show up on radar, or does not show up until you get very close, that would be where I would put one. You can't fly from one system to another in supercruise, but who would waste time flying a circle around the "edge" boundry of any system. I have the feeling it is in a location where no one would bother to take the time to look.

Last edited:
The First Rule of Raxxla Hunting is nobody knows what is or isn't related to Raxxla. ;)
I thought that was the second rule, the first being that we don’t talk about it?
Have I been following the wrong rule set all this time?
Well I’m flabbergasted
In fact my gast has never been so flabbered!
😆

But we’ve had threads closed down in the past because they were deemed to have gone off-topic, so until some evidence suggests this stolen dbx is relevant to the Raxxla Quest I prefer to keep them separated. I suspect the Raxxla mystery is a fairly stand-alone puzzle that may only loosely be linked to anything else in ED.

I thought that was the second rule, the first being that we don’t talk about it?
Have I been following the wrong rule set all this time?
Well I’m flabbergasted
In fact my gast has never been so flabbered!
😆

But we’ve had threads closed down in the past because they were deemed to have gone off-topic, so until some evidence suggests this stolen dbx is relevant to the Raxxla Quest I prefer to keep them separated. I suspect the Raxxla mystery is a fairly stand-alone puzzle that may only loosely be linked to anything else in ED.
Maybe the first rule is "Always talk about Raxxla" because we seem to be fairly good at doing that ... and linking anything and everything to the hunt.

We are manifesting Raxxla as we go.... it is the road that is forming it.
nobody knows what is or isn't related to Raxxla.
flabbered!
Strange, is it not? that of the myriads who
Before us pass'd the door of Darkness through,
Not one returns to tell us of the Road,
Which to discover we must travel too.

The Revelations of Devout and Learn'd
Who rose before us, and as Prophets burn'd,
Are all but Stories, which, awoke from Sleep,
They told their comrades, and to Sleep return'd.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7_Baqn3hqM

This is a huge area of the galaxy, with absolutely tons of stars...
Don't necessarily have to search the whole area.

'The region of pure light and fire; the highest heaven, where the pure element of fire was supposed by the ancients to exist: the same as the ether, the ninth heaven according to ancient astronomy.'
‘an area of space, not black but radiant…glowing like heaven,’ and being called by ‘voices that didn’t come from anything with a body’.”'
Just search a nebula that matches this. Perhaps EORM PHYLOI AA-A H13?

Last edited:
I give you the magic square of Raxxla !
May it bring you luck on your journeys into the darkness...

View attachment 132035
You forgot some....
o7....

I passed through NGC 7822 Nebula, and scanned all of the O type stars as this part of space is very light due to them (all previously scanned, and nothing found of much interest). Currently, I'm sitting somewhere in the Heart Nebula debating whether or not I want to enter the Formidine Rift, or whether this would be pointless.

I was also considering the part of the supposed Raxxla toast related to the 'deepest void', and am contemplating going to the part of the Galaxy called The Void. What exploration, if any, has been done in that area related to finding Raxxla?

I've also been contemplating jumping to the Empyrean Straits, but it'd take a lot of time,and could be a wasted trip (although, I'd earn a pretty penny exploring). I'm probably going to hold off going to that area until this storyline about the missing ship concludes - I suspect the pilot will be found, or some pointer as to the direction he took will be provided...

Last edited:
On a side note.. I tried to hike (supercruise) it out to the ring nebula as there is no way to jump into it (a place that isnt a place) ... But got bored at about two Huttons in... Dont think i have enough fuel anyway.
Ha ha.

I just supercruised 0.72 ly in CD-34 9020, to get 'down' to the Old Worlds plane(48.75). Jumped to Lave, to pass the center of Lave, Leesti and Diso.

Might do a full ly up from Quator and jump to Reorte, to see if that works better. :D

Top Bottom