Yeah I don’t think it is either but it’s strange how the ship logs are similar to the story, still this little adventure had me thinking all day about it
Oh and there is no information about why the ship is there etc, and there is nothing online about the tip off missions I got for that location, from what I’ve seen I’m the first one to receive one to that location with the description key
It's the 2nd ship that interests me most. You never said what system it was in

Yeah I don’t think it is either but it’s strange how the ship logs are similar to the story, still this little adventure had me thinking all day about it
Oh and there is no information about why the ship is there etc, and there is nothing online about the tip off missions I got for that location, from what I’ve seen I’m the first one to receive one to that location with the description key
Are you elite, out of interest.

Lol, tbh it was a tip off so that’s the only reason I found it \(‘-‘)/
And the first ship was about the regrets, the second was about the hunger

Last edited:
After handing in the black box I was greeted with another message telling me to go to a new location, that the data I had received from scanning the bank had brought up a new ‘mysterious discovery” and sent me 900 light years from the bubble where I discovered a new diamond back explorer but this time it had landed but looks like it ran out of power.
So... i skimmed this bit before... but your statement "After handing in the black box I was greeted with another message..."

Can you detail this a bit more? Specifically:
  • did you receive a mission when you picked up a black box on Almana?
  • if not, what do you mean by "handing in"... was it dropped at a search and rescue center?
  • what did the next message look like? Was it a tip off (as in, was the subject explicitly "TIP OFF" or was it something else? )
  • 900 ly is well away from the bubble... what system was it in, and did a dss scan of the planet show up the site as well?

Just curious about those things because they were mechanics used in a beta a long time ago, but I've never seen them in game since then.

So... i skimmed this bit before... but your statement "After handing in the black box I was greeted with another message..."

Can you detail this a bit more? Specifically:
  • did you receive a mission when you picked up a black box on Almana?
  • if not, what do you mean by "handing in"... was it dropped at a search and rescue center?
  • what did the next message look like? Was it a tip off (as in, was the subject explicitly "TIP OFF" or was it something else? )
  • 900 ly is well away from the bubble... what system was it in, and did a dss scan of the planet show up the site as well?
Just curious about those things because they were mechanics used in a beta a long time ago, but I've never seen them in game since then.
Well I handed in the black box at the nearest search and rescue, then received another tip off mission worded similarly to the one previously, both missions has the message ‘tip off’ as there title. DDS didn’t work so I had to use the planetary coordinations to find the exact location of the ship

Well I handed in the black box at the nearest search and rescue, then received another tip off mission worded similarly to the one previously, both missions has the message ‘tip off’ as there title. DDS didn’t work so I had to use the planetary coordinations to find the exact location of the ship
Interesting. Never heard of search and rescue submissions causing tip offs.

Have a few backed up... might investigate.

Dear Cmdr Tacticus2711, you provided a marvellous picture of the first DBX of your first tip off-mission and claimed you have found the ship of Cmdr Romero. This was proven wrong by others cmdrs here. So the whole Romero claim should stop here. Am I wrong?
What puzzles me is that you don't kept the data of your second tip off-mission. You didn't shoot another pic? You didn't notice the system's data after travelling 900ly? You don't have anything left in your comm window and haven't done a screeshot of it at least?
Hmmm... Sorry.

Dear Cmdr Tacticus2711,
Keep up the good work. You may notice upon sharing your efforts, however they may turn out, that some Commanders whom haven't appeared to contribute to the hunt(at least since I joined) will begin to throw shade at you. This is to be expected. Please continue your research because, contrary to popular belief, even negative results are positive in trial and error.
Fly Dangerously Commander, o7

Dear Cmdr Tacticus2711, you provided a marvellous picture of the first DBX of your first tip off-mission and claimed you have found the ship of Cmdr Romero. This was proven wrong by others cmdrs here. So the whole Romero claim should stop here. Am I wrong?
What puzzles me is that you don't kept the data of your second tip off-mission. You didn't shoot another pic? You didn't notice the system's data after travelling 900ly? You don't have anything left in your comm window and haven't done a screeshot of it at least?
Hmmm... Sorry.
While the first DBX most certainly isn't Romero's what is interesting is the information from the ship's logs. Some of the descriptions in the logs have similarities to some of what we know about Romero's motivation as well as to some of the things experienced by Jasmina Halsey. And, perhaps more to the point, seem to point toward a certain degree of fenwah that led those poor ships to their doom.

Dear Cmdr Tacticus2711,
Keep up the good work. You may notice upon sharing your efforts, however they may turn out, that some Commanders whom haven't appeared to contribute to the hunt(at least since I joined) will begin to throw shade at you. This is to be expected. Please continue your research because, contrary to popular belief, even negative results are positive in trial and error.
Fly Dangerously Commander, o7
100% agree!

Scytale

Banned
Hmmm... Sorry.

Mmmmh... Not really in the spirit of this thread, imho.
Would be a shame if this great thread becomes as toxic as some others.
There is Discord and Reddit for that.
Anyway... Zeitgeist ?

Keep enjoying your search, Tacticus ! ;)

Last edited:
Same here. The 2nd had the logs about regret and ruin and a vanishing srv? Sounds mysterious. Did he get picked up by someone? Or abducted?

It's funny how the Gan Romero theories are better here than the Gan Romero thread lol. Those guys are lost hahahaha

Regarding the 'disappearing' SRV:
It's likely that Tacticus simply reached the edge of the map object. The Exodus bases all showed massive SRV activity around the buildings, with established tracks leading through entry 'gates', all of which either faded out or terminated. IIRC some commanders followed the indicated directions for long distances without ever finding anything.

It's possible that it's more significant in this case, but FDev have a habit of adding cosmetic touches that are suggestive, but which aren't followed through.

Regarding the 'disappearing' SRV:
It's likely that Tacticus simply reached the edge of the map object. The Exodus bases all showed massive SRV activity around the buildings, with established tracks leading through entry 'gates', all of which either faded out or terminated. IIRC some commanders followed the indicated directions for long distances without ever finding anything.

It's possible that it's more significant in this case, but FDev have a habit of adding cosmetic touches that are suggestive, but which aren't followed through.
Regardless if he tracks lead anywhere, I think the data point is the most interesting thing, coupled with the distance from the bubble. Its about the distance that FDev seem to like to place important things, think Guardian sites, etc....

going through GCSE’s at the moment so I’m restricting my play. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Best of luck with your exams, cmdr. Restricting play is very sensible under the circumstances.

Also, please don't feel like you're under any pressure to put revision / exam preparation to one side to respond to things on here. Though given that, do also try to avoid posting 'I found it! (But no further info.)' type things - it'll just get a barrage of questions and you'll end up looking like a hoaxer if you don't respond. It's better to wait until you've got time to do a fuller post. We're all generally patient, and would probably prefer the fuller post anyway (though I can't speak for everyone on that).

Ultimately, Raxxla will wait, the exams won't.

(I'm not just saying that in an off-hand manner either. The quest has been going on for a very long time. Putting it aside for a month or so is going to be fine. :) )

Best of luck again!

Scytale

Banned
Oh ! Smart move. But there is actually something left to "play" ? (As "we" understand "play") ?
Or is there a new galaxy and I missed it ?
:oops:

Top Bottom