At 132 Ls out from the star, I was very much on the 'outer rim' of that particular ring :D

In Tiapalan there is also a very large and thin ring. I crashed into it without seeing it. I wanted to scan that ring with the - how is this new scanner/probing thingy called - you know what I mean. My problem was that you have to target the central body and be close enough to fire the probes. I didn't manage to hit the ring that way. Perhaps you experienced the same with that ring? If somebody know how to hit such a ring with a probe I would be interested in how to do it. If there is no way to probe the ring, it would be a good place to obfuscate something in there… ;)

In Tiapalan there is also a very large and thin ring. I crashed into it without seeing it. I wanted to scan that ring with the - how is this new scanner/probing thingy called - you know what I mean. My problem was that you have to target the central body and be close enough to fire the probes. I didn't manage to hit the ring that way. Perhaps you experienced the same with that ring? If somebody know how to hit such a ring with a probe I would be interested in how to do it. If there is no way to probe the ring, it would be a good place to obfuscate something in there… ;)
On entry to a system you use the fss (full spectrum scanner) to identify and locate system bodies. When you find an interesting one you travel to it and use the dss (detailed surface scanner) by using it to fire probes. Target the body and approach it, select “surface scanner” (already set up as one of your fire groups), it will tell you when you’re in range. Zero throttle and enter dss. Fire your probes- move the reticle to align with the marker on the radial line to land a probe on the edge of the body, fire one directly at it, or go beyond the marker but not as far as the “miss” marker (I usually try half way between the two) to land a probe on the back of the body. If there is a body ring then if you move the radial line at some point it will say “ring”, fire then to hit the ring! You only need one probe to scan all the rings of a multi-ringed body.

On entry to a system you use the fss (full spectrum scanner) to identify and locate system bodies. When you find an interesting one you travel to it and use the dss (detailed surface scanner) by using it to fire probes. Target the body and approach it, select “surface scanner” (already set up as one of your fire groups), it will tell you when you’re in range. Zero throttle and enter dss. Fire your probes- move the reticle to align with the marker on the radial line to land a probe on the edge of the body, fire one directly at it, or go beyond the marker but not as far as the “miss” marker (I usually try half way between the two) to land a probe on the back of the body. If there is a body ring then if you move the radial line at some point it will say “ring”, fire then to hit the ring! You only need one probe to scan all the rings of a multi-ringed body.

I believe that if the inner edge ring is too far away from the body, you can't actually fire probes at it. I didn't try to do it with my 132 Ls ring, but there were 4 bodies INSIDE the ring, so I suspect that the inner edge was at least 20 Ls out. There's no way you're going to be able to hit that with a probe.

Edit:
Checked on EDSM and the INNER radius of the ring is 104 Ls. No way that can be probed.

Last edited:
Might not be to do with raxxla but, on the cannon sheet of guardian ruins it is missing, perhaps unintentionally, 4 sites which is present in the NGC 3199 Nebula that a mate of me found, perhaps searching around them for some clues maybe an idea?
Gan Romeo had visions similar to The old president (her name escapes my lips), maybe he went to find more guardian sites or something like that? I’m not sure if his visions etc could have anything to do with raxxla but if they are and he’s connected to the old president who also ‘found’ the guardian sites, then perhaps they are related?

Last edited:
So. Time for mission report: Went to Cimmerians DSS on all landables. Nothing found. Invaded some Imstallations got jaled and earnt some money. Yet nothing

Went to Styx: Nothing of interest.

Siidenote: Also went to Vega and used the FSS on Dixon. Now that might be interesting. Instead of garbled Nonsense there seems to be something about „Lakon“ when you use the FSS. As I'm on PS4 I'm a bit amiss about recording the message. Double checked with the base at Trikora btw. only garbled Nonsense there.

So. Time for mission report: Went to Cimmerians DSS on all landables. Nothing found. Invaded some Imstallations got jaled and earnt some money. Yet nothing

Went to Styx: Nothing of interest.

Siidenote: Also went to Vega and used the FSS on Dixon. Now that might be interesting. Instead of garbled Nonsense there seems to be something about „Lakon“ when you use the FSS. As I'm on PS4 I'm a bit amiss about recording the message. Double checked with the base at Trikora btw. only garbled Nonsense there.

Did you hit Persephone (goddess of the Underworld) yet?
There's a system (contains nothing but an ELW), a station (in Avalon system) and a landable body in Sol system (which only got added to the game around v2.4). You might get some joy from the FSS and DSS.

Edit:
Also Osiris and Anubis might be worth a look-see.

I believe that if the inner edge ring is too far away from the body, you can't actually fire probes at it. I didn't try to do it with my 132 Ls ring, but there were 4 bodies INSIDE the ring, so I suspect that the inner edge was at least 20 Ls out. There's no way you're going to be able to hit that with a probe.

Edit:
Checked on EDSM and the INNER radius of the ring is 104 Ls. No way that can be probed.
Guess at that distance you’d have to move nearer the ring to probe it (🥺), effective range seems to be 0.3 to 1.0 ls.
Sometimes you also have to move to the other side of a gas giant to ensure you get 100% coverage

Last edited:
Guess at that distance you’d have to move nearer the ring to probe it (🥺), effective range seems to be 0.3 to 1.0 ls.
Sometimes you also have to move to the other side of a gas giant to ensure you get 100% coverage

I keep forgetting that it was an L class star - so I couldn't probe it anyway :)

I'm pretty sure there's a bug report on gas giants with distant rings being unprobable though.

Gas giants with with unprobable rings... and how many moons ? 8 and more ?

If four months spacing get you an entire system, I should go and spend that time near Tycho...
Who knows ? ;)
Tyko Rasalas insists on at least one bottle of 5* lavian brandy before he allows anyone too close! 😁

And I’ve just checked the forum to see what todays update is about, looked at FD online and Michael Brookes is-as Game Director!
So he hasn’t left us entirely, just gone quiet with his “hints”!!
How I miss the good old days-I’m coming up for 67, so I’m allowed to say that! 😎

Edit: cant find any patch notes or notice on the update my PC is currently downloading. What gives?

Last edited:
Tyko Rasalas insists on at least one bottle of 5* lavian brandy before he allows anyone too close! 😁

And I’ve just checked the forum to see what todays update is about, looked at FD online and Michael Brookes is-as Game Director!
So he hasn’t left us entirely, just gone quiet with his “hints”!!
How I miss the good old days-I’m coming up for 67, so I’m allowed to say that! 😎

Edit: cant find any patch notes or notice on the update my PC is currently downloading. What gives?

Are you on Steam?

Scytale

Banned
MB's back ?
Naaaah... Come ooon...

Btw... Gate and star, again.
9PR4EhN.jpg

Last edited:
I believe we are on a fools errand cause of those perma locked systems...
I think that Raxlla if it is needed to go ahead with the 2020 update, is going to be discovered by someone that either gets to one of those 1st, or some random player gonna get a tip and find it...

Until i see proof that u can find it from FD without those perma locked areas being open, i think ill refrain from making my game all about this.

Top Bottom