Perhaps useful as a medium range mobile base outfitted for Exploration if we choose to organize an in-depth exhaustive search in a region fairly close to the bubble.
Obviously after my attempt on https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/53595/name/Cygni+X-3

It will be useful for organised explorations/expeditions to a specific area. It would have been great for FRift. But will there be sufficient storyline to justify such searches in future??

Cool !
What about The Cone ? (Cone Sector FN-J B9-0 ) ? Will it be reachable ? Still unlocked ? (Currently at work... can't check it.)
Mmmh.. The Gnosis, 551 Ly of jump range... I bet our Carriers will be too short ranged :mad:
All of the Cone systems got locked (at the same time).

There’s an odd version of events that went round which focused on the system you mention, but there wasn’t anything special or unique about it, it was just one of many. The only thing to distinguish it was that it was the system picked to be visited by the Gnosis, and hence was the one that got talked about.

Semotus Beacon will no longer be the furthest place we've been.
I can finally visit my favorite places I could never reach. I have lots of stuff on my bookmark lists I have meant to reach!! 8D

One place in particular it would interesting if we can reach. A weirdly unfinished place. I bet it's more than 500ly though.

I don't know how I saw 500ly and didn't think exploration limits being increased. I'm visiting everwhere now that I don't have to jump only 80 ly. It will make exploration absolutely worth it.

I can finally visit my favorite places I could never reach. I have lots of stuff on my bookmark lists I have meant to reach!! 8D

One place in particular it would interesting if we can reach. A weirdly unfinished place. I bet it's more than 500ly though.
This and this alone is the reason why fleet carriers hold any interest for me.

But I have quiet fears that a) I'll never have the CR to afford one and b) the new material that fuels them and the requisite amounts of it will be simultaneously thin and unpalatable to the point that I will never have one.

But this thread isn't about that...back to topic.

It might be if raxxla is hidden in a place we can only reach with the new ship. We could get as complete a list as possible and go visit it all. 8)

How many new stars would that open up? Any particular high interest targets?

I sadly won't get the money in time to get first visits more than likely. I only have 250 mill. And probably 1-2 bill in assets in ships.

It might be if raxxla is hidden in a place we can only reach with the new ship. We could get as complete a list as possible and go visit it all. 8)

How many new stars would that open up? Any particular high interest targets?

I sadly won't get the money in time to get first visits more than likely. I only have 250 mill. And probably 1-2 bill in assets in ships.
You could grind core mining and have that in less than a week if you're determined.

Let's bet. I say the full equipped CarrierX will cost... 10 billions. :unsure:
10 very boring 650 void opal loads or less with a cutter or type 9! :p

I think I need to find a better mining place though. Mine are too small.

You know, it may only cost around 500m. It's potentially a lot of empty space with all those docks and whatnot. 8p

Hopefully the core is cheap and we can use it to gather funds to improve it.

Last edited:
Let's bet. I say the full equipped CarrierX will cost... 10 billions. :unsure:

10-15 is the speculation on FB. I'm fully willing to start mining soon. If I can afford one in Dec I'll tell. Anyone on PS4 who wants to get a licence to land on it. Feel free to tell. I'll grant one.

Concerning Helix: I have visited several systems. All mapped, nothing remarkable. Currently on my way back to the bubble. Will visit Leesti and afterwards start mining in the hoped to survive this incredibly boring business.

Heard about a ring with 4 overlapping VO hotspots in a High tech system with a station < 10ls from the arriving star within 3 jumps from SD. Never found it though.
However:
ulZpxug.png

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Heard about a ring with 4 overlapping VO hotspots in a High tech system with a station < 10ls from the arriving star within 3 jumps from SD. Never found it though.
However:
LHS 2335 14 A - Void Opals
Lu Velorum 6 - Void Opals
LP 908-11 5 - Void Opals

Ross 775 ABCD 3 - Void Opals
Toolfa A 11 - Void Opals
Toolfa A 12 - 2*Void Opals
Toolfa A 13 - Bromelite, Low Temp., Alexandrite, Grandi
Elli - Bromelite, Grand, Alexandrite
V374 Pegasi A 3 - Void Opals
LP 390-16 - Brom, Grand, Low Temp., Alexan.
Neto 2 - Void Opals
G 139-50 - Void Opals
LFT 69 A 1 - Painite
LHS 3666 A 2 - 3 * Void Opals
WW Piscis Austrini A 2 - Void Opals
WW Piscis Austrini A 3 - 3 * Void Opals
Tsim Binba 11 - 5 * Void Opals
Cartu 8 - Void Opals
Cartu 9 - Painite
Cartu 10 - 4 * Void Opals
Guuguyni 6 - Void Opals
Gandui A 6 - Void Opals
Herme 5 - Void Opals
Orcus - Void Opals
Carpaka 4 - Void Opals
Kaushpoos 2 - Painite galore
Kaushpoos 3/4 - Void Opals

Enjoy!
Which one has the biggest VO hotspot? I'm only worried about size as I don't mind flying to stations to sell since I want max price.

I'm assuming this is not a secret. But hermitage has 4 hotspots on one ring(not overlapping) of not so large size. Unless VO hotspots are always smaller. Still not big enough to fill 650t cargo though. Not efficiently.

I bet once these ships are out VO spots will be more public. There will be a lot more that are much easier to reach and probably be like other information. I bet spots in the 10's of k will be common to mine if these can jump conveniently.

20 jumps is easy. Even if it takes time per jump it will be nicer if I don't have to keep pushing buttons every 30 seconds... Jumping is annoying over large distances if you are trying to get places quickly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom