It was only in Holdstock’s TDW novella where Raxxla is already inhabited by corrupt twisted men. It’s possible that is carried through, but I suspect more likely that was also retconned with the rest of the book.
Has anyone got a list of lore & links to the source FD statements about what was retconned?
Jorki...This is ED! Do you really think we will find Raxxla and not have to fight off 200 Elite ranked ships? lol. If Raxxla is in the game, I feel sure that people are already there, personally, I kind of hope its The Club (Or Sirius?)
It also mentions that people may already be there in the Codex (a tyrant or sinister cabal) so I suspect its not retconned

Scytale

Banned
Are you saying it's coded into all the .exe files?
Was just a little of my well known irony/cynicism in the way to remember that the "clues" should not be tied to linguistic specifics. Imho.
Troy, Troja, Trojan just like the Cassiopeia, mother of galaxies, etc.. things don't work quite well in every other localisation.
personally, I kind of hope its The Club (Or Sirius?)
Oh no... Again that Bilderberg-like Club ? Like in the FR mYsTerY and in the everyday very real life ? Please, no ! I hope it will be something new and more... exotic. :)
I did wonder if the whole point of the Salomé storyline was to expose the Club (which was a DB invention).
Which makes us appreciate the difference between a real sci-fi / fantasy Writer and Story-Teller (DW) and a Software Engineer, when it comes to imagination and creativity.
MB is both, though.
I mean, all the Rift Quest was surrounded by myth and fantasy clues and comments. There be ghosts turned out to be the very human dead crew of a very human stranded ship.
Meh..

Last edited:
Was just a little of my well known irony/cynicism in the way to remember that the "clues" should not be tied to linguistic specifics. Imho.
Troy, Troja, Trojan just like the Cassiopeia, mother of galaxies, etc.. things don't work quite well in every other localisation.

Oh no... Again that Bilderberg-like Club ? Like in the FR mYsTerY and in the everyday very real life ? Please, no ! I hope it will be something new and more... exotic. :)
Well, I hope to find out later. I'm 4 hours away from the devil's dance floor, where I intend to charge on all 4 neutron stars, then fly straight into the black hole! :LOL:

To Raxxla! Drinks

It was only in Holdstock’s TDW novella where Raxxla is already inhabited by corrupt twisted men. It’s possible that is carried through, but I suspect more likely that was also retconned with the rest of the book.
Has anyone got a list of lore & links to the source FD statements about what was retconned?

TDW hasn't been true lore since FE:2 was launched. ED lore has it's roots in the Gazetteer that came with FE:2. http://www.dream-ware.co.uk/frontier/books/gazetteer/

From what I have seen most of the events from FE:2 and FFE(up to the branching point of the Thargoid story), has been kept as it was.
Notable exceptions from this is the extensive cloning in the Empire and the large sentient android population of the Fedration. These seem to have never existed.

Officially the lore of ED are the sanctioned books and anything in the game(Galnet, beacons, mission texts and so on).

The so called retconn that happened, has never been fully explained. From what I have understood it was change in direction compared to what the writers were told, regarding the contact between the Alliance and the Thargoids in the 3250s. It was far less dramatic than some anticipated and only a few details in 'Out of the Darknes' was affected.

The explanations FD have given regarding The Dark Wheel, is that it's not to be considered to reflect actual events that happened. It's to be considered as a legend within the game. It like the book exists in the ED galaxy, but it's not a historically correct text.
It's probably like watching Braveheart or Gladiator on TV. Mostly entertainment, but with a few historical elements.
As we know from the Codex, it's not out of the question for an author in ED to have concealed secret information in a book.

In large i don't think the retconn is anything to worry about, when it comes to Raxxla. There was neve anything to retconn. Official lore about Raxxla is only the codex (none of the mission texts actually mention Raxxla, by name). The Codex hints that clues may be found in works of fiction. This means that valuable information may be found in non lore writings. The Dark Weel is probably our best candidate.

According to Drew W. the Club is a relatively new organization. Younger than TDW. The potential inhabitants of Raxxla should be way older.

Even if what Rafe said was true, it's not certain that there still are people there. Things change over the centuries.

I'm watching MB original YT vids again to see what is what, lot of interesting stuff in it, also answered my earlier question about how much was DB/IB storyline and how much was the authors, this is the 4th vid I think, start at the 1st for clarity:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrv3yC3wrg8&list=PL7glm5rbPHKway8jUwKEw6MeWjC4voHD4&index=4

Trying to watch a lot of the old vids to see what is in store. The way DB was talking during and after Kickstarter is of a game that ED atm is almost a shadow of! His dream if he can carry it off, or even half of it by the look of it, is that ED will develop and grow in so many ways to become a real living breathing universe even more than it is now. 10 years could well be a development phase.

Raxxla may have been ret-conned slightly to actually make it real. It was never meant to be real in the first place remember and even now we get 'unsubstantiated' and 'myth' and 'considered a myth' and phrases like that all the way through the DW & Raxxla Codex entries.

Basically the original Dark Wheel book was the very first GalNet release, just in a paperback edition.

Makes me laugh that we could have been searching for Gan Romero for 30 years, is he in the game this time? Who knows.

The only person who actually substantiates any of it in-game is Felicity Farseer - 'I know they're real...'

The books may be the answer...we know they are not GalNet this time.

Interestingly DB said at one point they have locked off whole sectors of the map for future content but that they don't necessairly know what that content will be, some of it may yet to be written or changed, the game has been built to allow for that.

Jorki...This is ED! Do you really think we will find Raxxla and not have to fight off 200 Elite ranked ships? lol. If Raxxla is in the game, I feel sure that people are already there, personally, I kind of hope its The Club (Or Sirius?)
It also mentions that people may already be there in the Codex (a tyrant or sinister cabal) so I suspect its not retconned
True, had forgotten the codex phrasing.

Scytale

Banned
Sweet kiss, for us Islanders. Punch right in the face for the Continentals. That's how it works, yes. ;)
(Now, you can imagine that a tropical storm sweeping a small island can be much more dramatic than a hurricane sweeping a top of the art US big metropolis...) :unsure:

Last edited:
Top Bottom