It was permit locked in FE:2 and FFE. The Sublime Order, previously known as the Guardians of the Free Spirit are a strict religious sect. They don't take kindly to strangers.

You can read about Captain Jupiter's adventures there, in this story: http://www.dream-ware.co.uk/frontie...on-the-frontier/on-the-wrong-side-of-the-law/

Lots of trouble for a cup of coffee. :coffee:

Thanks Han_Zen. Enjoyed that short story!
If I ever get around to coding a ship’s computer in VoiceAttack (akin to ANNA for SC) then I may well name her Iolanthe! Except what’s she got against coffee???

Thanks Han_Zen. Enjoyed that short story!
If I ever get around to coding a ship’s computer in VoiceAttack (akin to ANNA for SC) then I may well name her Iolanthe! Except what’s she got against coffee???
I think Iolanthe is referring to the evil navy brew, not coffee in general.

Still harsh though. Bad coffee is way better than no coffee. :)

Disclaimer: Watch out, MB's tattoo-thing ahead ! Click at your own risk . :giggle:

And so we spiral towards death...
the light at the end of the tunnel being Raxxla...
how we will all make our own paths...
it will be the singularity, the gate...
and the key...

Can't help you there. I was so many times told that the witchspace cinematics is just a loading screen without any significance that I came to believe it...
Please, prove them I was / you are right ! ;)

Scytale. I’ve had a look at MB’s tattoo pic, & it seems to differ from the one (penultimate pic) in whatever he is holding in your post. So I was wondering where he got the picture for his tattoo from (is it really Cthulhu? I know nothing about Cthulhu!!!) and what changes were made from the original (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tYpdWTjEDYE/VRqOFFrKwOI/AAAAAAAACf8/TtLh0gjmuhQ/s1600/Small+res+file+for+Fb+uploads.jpg) tattoo pic as found via Simulacrae’s repeat (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/ua-mystery-thread-4-the-canonn.195658/post-3114710) of MB’s original post in the UA Mysteries thread (ah, happy days!).

And I can’t see where the key you mention shows in his tattoo pic.

Last edited:
I think Iolanthe is referring to the evil navy brew, not coffee in general.

Still harsh though. Bad coffee is way better than no coffee. :)

Mm, not so sure. I’m a bit of a purist. Freshly ground and filtered Americano for me, no milk or sugar, preferably from Columbian beans. My son got me some El Salvador beans for my birthday; ok, but not the same...☕

Scytale

Banned
Syndrome.
Scytale. I’ve had a look at MB’s tattoo pic, & it seems to differ from the one (penultimate pic) in whatever he is holding in your post. So I was wondering where he got the picture for his tattoo from (is it really Cthulhu?) and what changes were made from the original (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tYpdWTjEDYE/VRqOFFrKwOI/AAAAAAAACf8/TtLh0gjmuhQ/s1600/Small+res+file+for+Fb+uploads.jpg) tattoo pic as found via Simulacrae’s repeat (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/ua-mystery-thread-4-the-canonn.195658/post-3114710) of MB’s original post in the UA Mysteries thread (ah, happy days!).

And I can’t see where the key you mention shows in his tattoo pic.
I don't know where MB had the original drawing from, Pa. I just assume he drew it or had it drawn following his instructions.
Not Cthulhu himself who appears, but Hastur the Unspeakable, jumping out of Carcosa, Aldebaran, with his servant Byaykhees. As I said in my original post.
Some differences between the drawing and the actual tattoo he shows are because it wasn't fully finished when the pic was taken, I think. You can see the St Michael (Brookes ?) flamigera sword blade not yet drawn. And the trumpet-angel above him is wingless.
The key is on the upper left corner, at the entrance of the Underworld. Where it has to be inserted ?. ;)
Imho.
Oh, right ! It isn't on the actual tattoo ! Why ? Not yet drawn ? mmhh...
No keeyyyyy ! :unsure:
DivZK7u.jpg

4krukNa.png

Last edited:
Why am I here, when I have ED shelved for months ?
Because I love this crazy thread !

Just remember to always wear the anti-space madness gear you were provided, pals !
Or don't !

Cmdr Lucky Luke Syndrome. I bet.
Poor boy... :rolleyes:
Or, he has found Raxxla.
Again.
Ohh, I get it! If you find Raxxla someone at FDev hijacks your machine and wipes your save? :eek:

One thing I am finding in Van Maanen's star system is almost continuous "Warning FSD operating beyond safe operating limits" announcements. I thought FD had fixed that bug ages ago? I'm 100kls away from the White Dwarf

Last edited:
Syndrome.

I don't know where MB had the original drawing from, Pa. I just assume he drew it or had it drawn following his instructions.
Not Cthulhu himself who appears, but Hastur the Unspeakable, jumping out of Carcosa, Aldebaran, with his servant Byaykhees. As I said in my original post.
Some differences between the drawing and the actual tattoo he shows are because it wasn't fully finished when the pic was taken, I think. You can see the St Michael (Brookes ?) flamigera sword blade not yet drawn. And the trumpet-angel above him is wingless.
The key is on the upper left corner, at the entrance of the Underworld. Where it has to be inserted ?. ;)
Imho.
Oh, right ! It isn't on the actual tattoo ! Why ? Not yet drawn ? mmhh...
No keeyyyyy ! :unsure:
DivZK7u.jpg

4krukNa.png

Ah, went back a bit further and found the reference to origin of the tattoo picture
Seems like he was going to write a book about it. Must have a read!

Edit: there’s a t-shirt! http://thecultofme.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-space-inbetween-t-shirt-now-in-black.html

Edit2: can’t find the book, perhaps he never finished it?

Last edited:
I actually came to it from the other direction. After the Rift finished I had no active goal, so I was wondering what to do. Since the thing that makes ED special for me is the 'real world' galaxy, I hit upon the idea of visiting all the catalog systems in the game. So I fired up Wikipedia, picked a constellation, bookmarked all the listed systems (not just the alphas, betas, etc - all the HIPs, HDs and HRs) in it and headed out. I'm currently heading back from completing my 19th constellation.

It was only subsequently that I realized that this goal could conceivably overlap with the 'journey' needed to find Raxxla. I'm closing in on my 1,000th HR system, so my fingers are firmly crossed at this point :D
Aren't some of those stars blcoked out by permit sectors though? I remember not being able to get all of Orion because all the permit zones and not being able to get where I was trying to go in either direction except to turn around and go back the way I came.

Hey all,
Been away for a fair while, its good to see this thread still alive and well, love it. Last I was here the Dark Wheel toast was the in thing, trying to be deciphered and theories spun from that.

In my interests of being lazy and trying to avoid scanning through 200 + pages here (which I may do anyway) whats the latest in these parts? has there been any more 'official' hints? breakthroughs?

In my interests of being lazy and trying to avoid scanning through 200 + pages here (which I may do anyway) whats the latest in these parts? has there been any more 'official' hints? breakthroughs?

Ah, went back a bit further and found the reference to origin of the tattoo picture

Edit: there’s a t-shirt! http://thecultofme.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-space-inbetween-t-shirt-now-in-black.html

Hey all,
Been away for a fair while, its good to see this thread still alive and well, love it. Last I was here the Dark Wheel toast was the in thing, trying to be deciphered and theories spun from that.

it still is just now there's a schism between people who think it means different things

I had forgotten that it was going to be a book. It does not seem to have materialized.

Top Bottom