actually i spent a long time searching nuentes, it is in a region of original systems that still have the elite 84 descriptions, and close to shinatra dezra. seeing as there have been rumours that the dark wheel was a fake faction, i noticed that nuentes description said something about ‘ this system harbours a dark secret’ then i saw that there was an outpost called ‘ harbouring’ sandwiched between 2 landable planets, so off i went have a search, nothing special found but the outpost has some containers inscribed, so maybe refers to some mycoid type stuff, or not you never know. but as raxxla was there before horizons i assume the link will be in space not on a planet surface

I could find no mentions of it being permit locked, so naturally I was curious :)

Contacted edsm here. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/edsm-elite-dangerous-star-map.179063/page-114#post-8004292

PS: Sorry to disappoint @bigcee75 ;-)

I've re-posted your words on their discord..

[Edit]: they responded that they have removed the lock in the EDSM database. I've asked them what may have caused it. They're not sure but its being marked as PL from at least Nov. 2017..

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

I just played around with the "siren of the deepest void" part and thought about pulsars. (Regarding this article: Biggest neutron star ever detected)
So I searched GalMap for "PSR " (note the blank). I did not expect something spectacular to happen but..
The view zoomed waaaay down the galactic plane and .. pointed to "nothing". Strange. I tested the search again and .. the cursor jumped a bit further and for a split second, I could see a cluster of stars. All names starting with PSR. Then they vanished again. This can be repeated again and again. The cursor jumps from one star to the next. The whole cluster is visible for a split second. Then "nothing".
Has someone experienced this kind of "bug"? Or is there something hidden? Its not a single star, its a whole bunch of them there.
Try searching for "PSR ". Or scroll the GalMap to 9180, 10985, 6650
- Tested on PS4

I also had another look at the "old" systems too. I created an overlay of all original elite stars on the original starmap. (including those of map 3, 6 and 8) and hoped to see a shape or something interesting. Nothing special there. Then I placed the "tattoo" and the assigned numbers on top of that overlay (rotated). No match. So I gave up.
(I'll be back, old systems!!)

The search goes on. What do you think about the PSR "bug". Maybe FDev is hiding something? There IS a cluster of stars.
I believe Ghost Giraffe was placed there once by FD: https://elitepve.com/viewtopic.php?t=6779
Don't think FD is trying to hide the cluster, so more likely it's a bug.

Ah, I missed that. So this area has been scanned and mapped too, I guess.

There are a number of stars that are below the -10,000 LY point at which the Galaxy map stops them being selectable - generally due to them being incorrectly positioned. They're not 'secret' just misplaced (search for Beta Phoenicis, which should be under 200 LY from Sol), and subsequently unreachable.

In the case of the PSR cluster FDev teleported a player there simply to shoot a video. Obviously this wouldn't be the case if there was actually anything significant about those stars. I expect the player had to suicide home anyway.

About 8th planet ...found system with MANY of 8th:

Greetings Commanders,

I just played around with the "siren of the deepest void" part and thought about pulsars. (Regarding this article: Biggest neutron star ever detected)
So I searched GalMap for "PSR " (note the blank). I did not expect something spectacular to happen but..
The view zoomed waaaay down the galactic plane and .. pointed to "nothing". Strange. I tested the search again and .. the cursor jumped a bit further and for a split second, I could see a cluster of stars. All names starting with PSR. Then they vanished again. This can be repeated again and again. The cursor jumps from one star to the next. The whole cluster is visible for a split second. Then "nothing".
Has someone experienced this kind of "bug"? Or is there something hidden? Its not a single star, its a whole bunch of them there.
Try searching for "PSR ". Or scroll the GalMap to 9180, 10985, 6650
- Tested on PS4

I also had another look at the "old" systems too. I created an overlay of all original elite stars on the original starmap. (including those of map 3, 6 and 8) and hoped to see a shape or something interesting. Nothing special there. Then I placed the "tattoo" and the assigned numbers on top of that overlay (rotated). No match. So I gave up.
(I'll be back, old systems!!)

The search goes on. What do you think about the PSR "bug". Maybe FDev is hiding something? There IS a cluster of stars.
Yeah, that happens.
Some kind of bug with systems, I forget what.

There are a number of stars that are below the -10,000 LY point at which the Galaxy map stops them being selectable - generally due to them being incorrectly positioned. They're not 'secret' just misplaced (search for Beta Phoenicis, which should be under 200 LY from Sol), and subsequently unreachable.

In the case of the PSR cluster FDev teleported a player there simply to shoot a video. Obviously this wouldn't be the case if there was actually anything significant about those stars. I expect the player had to suicide home anyway.

Anyone explored the possiility that Raxxla might be in Beta Phoenicis? 😉

There are two stages of Raxxla Madness:
The second is terminally obsessive fernweh, addiction to strong alcohol, and an interest in obscure mythology
The first stage is looking for Raxxla 😗
Which one is worse?

• Addiction to strong alcohol, and an interest in obscure mythology.
  • Randomly looking for something you don't what is, in 400 million places.

Neither look like a thing a rational person would do.

I would also like to add a third option.

- Doing obscure complex tasks in order to invoke a game mechanic (probably non existent) that gives you an invitation to a secret society that is supposedly also looking for Raxxla, with about the same success rate as us. :ROFLMAO:

Which one is worse?

• Addiction to strong alcohol, and an interest in obscure mythology.
  • Randomly looking for something you don't what is, in 400 million places.
Neither look like a thing a rational person would do.

I would also like to add a third option.

- Doing obscure complex tasks in order to invoke a game mechanic (probably non existent) that gives you an invitation to a secret society that is supposedly also looking for Raxxla, with about the same success rate as us. :ROFLMAO:
This sounds eerily similar to religion. I wonder if it qualifies?

Top Bottom