FD have said mis-jumps are not in ED.
Having done two long-distance deep space runs following interpretations of the codex toast, and prior to that spent several months trying to match star patterns to the start video in the assumption that was a clue, I have recently come to the hypothesis that the codex’s 8th moon is misdirection, that Raxxla is in the bubble, probably hidden by a permit lock, there’s a test to get that permit and the toast leads to the start of that test. I think the test will involve specific missions and mission givers who will not reveal it is all part of a DW test until it’s passed. If it’s failed then presumably there will be no indication you were participating in any test....😕

What I’m pondering is whether alternative missions might be offered by other mission givers as distractions & if accepted that will cause failure of the test.

And here I am with my left arm in a sling and champing at the bit to get back into game. Bah humbug! 🤬
Hopefully in a few days I’ll be able to operate the hosas again (with limited dexterity)

And I’m fully expecting Raxxla to be a mildly disappointing easter egg. No omphalos rift, no portal (cos there are no other galaxies in game), no twisted evil men ..... though it might be a Guardian arkship, and help to explain the Mars Artifact.
But the search is fun!

Last edited:
@Jorki - A lot of what you say is the same search I went on, that Wing Mission vid is so close that it may be i imagined it on that one, but Im sure there was a previous one or segment in one before that but cannot track it down hence retracted.

Timeline - makes sense if they are sticking to the lore.
Codex - May actually all be part of a bigger lie to obfuscate the truth, at least in certain parts, who writes it in lore and who writes it in RL and are they RP? too many questions so have to take at face value with healthy dose of skepticism and ability to drop it like a stone if evidence points otherwise. Evidence leads theories, theories don't lead evidence.
Little bit obvious - I have come to my own conclusion that this means it must be 'visible' almost certainly through the FSS, if it puts out less power than a Tourist Beacon 100K LS away I'll be impressed. So to me the FSS has the final word as to what is in system, Still use my eyes but 99.99% 'believe' FSS is the clue / hint / tool needed.
The playing map is astronomical - it could be anywhere and the chances of anyone finding it within 100 years at random I dont know but i wildly speculate is near to 0.00 something. Theres no reason it wasnt in the game at the start and isnt accessible without any special equipment or pernits. this holds up in lore as well, nothing says anything special is needed or any pre-requirements, apart from maybe knowledge, maybe not necessarily.
Mis-jumps - Im too far away with too much data to test this in case it blows up the ship and somebody must have thought of it before but is it possible to cause a mis-jumo by cancelling the Frameshift Drive at a specific point, you can cancel up to the actual countdown and there may be a fractional point at which it makes the jump 'crash' somehow? Very doubtful, very very doubtful but just wondered and too scared to test it atm.
I was trying to cancel jump long ago, no success. It is game loading screen in fact. Buttons are blocked.
Most u can do close the game and then u login back to source or to destination + fuel used. So if game keep crashing on jump, you may get out of fuel.

Last edited:
Exactly. Zetter tells us what Raxxla is supposed to be.I assume FD has little though some respect for RH's creation and will give us a Raxxla that opens an entire new uncharted and fog of war designed galaxy. 😊
Something completly different.

How similar would you say Sidney and Cygne sound, in French?

Sidney, “a snowie Swan of heavenly hiew”.

I was trying to cancel jump long ago, no success. It is game loading screen in fact. Buttons are blocked.
Most u can do close the game and then u login back to source or to destination + fuel used. So if game keep crashing on jump, you may get out of fuel.
This was a bug along time ago. Network issues etc caused game to crash “during” a jump so you relogged in to find still at jump start but the fuel had been used. FD fixed this bug! If you're experiencing it again now then do raise a bug report!

Probably Raxxla is a locked system in the Bubble. And parts of that toast are keys to surrounding systems to asqire permit. Not a really surrounding but maybe with some idea.

Other thing is that part with "parent's grief" etc. It is keys also. What is our parents as a commanders? The Pilot Federation. So this step lead us to make PF grief somehow. Second thing is lover's woe. Woe of all our minor and major factions that loves us for tons of quests and things we did. So we should make them to hate us. Third piece of the puzzle is most hard to explain. We should discard our vagabond hearts.

Good theory. But I believe what in that great thread someone already try it.

After taking a short break from the quest I decided to go over that old video from the 3.1 launch day live stream where DB reads out that question does Raxxla exist as it irked me a little?

Well for a little context one of my RL duties is analysis of interviews. Now I’m not going to say I’m an expert as I work in a team and we aim to be objective so one has to take ones-self out of the process a little, but you pick things up here and there and knowing when someone is lying or has a tell, is one of them, another is being able to follow a conversation and transcribe it correctly.

Where DB answers “and you didn’t / don’t know what it is” in my opinion this is DB responding to Will, concerning Wills apology for not vetting the questions, because it being a live-stream. I don’t think it’s directed at the audience at all.

In regards to his “silly question” well my gut tells me that’s a deflection. It’s obvious it’s a thorny subject, probably not an important one but Will’s apology and the flippancy shows its a contentious issue; or something not very important at all to DB.

Do I think Raxxla is in game, well I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t, but I will keep looking and I will applaud who ever does.... and of course they did state ‘in the past’ that it ‘was’ in game... but I’m beginning to think its not that big nor clever. I certainly think finding the Dark Wheel station will shed more light on this, possibly lead to somewhere even if that’s a dead-end?

But my point is I don’t think it’s constructive to adhere the “and you didn’t / don’t know” statement to Raxxla any longer I honestly don’t think it’s relevant and it’s just muddying the waters.

Last edited:
After taking a short break from the quest I decided to go over that old video from the 3.1 launch day live stream where DB reads out that question does Raxxla exist as it irked me a little?

Well for a little context one of my RL duties is analysis of interviews. Now I’m not going to say I’m an expert as I work in a team and we aim to be objective so one has to take ones-self out of the process a little, but you pick things up here and there and knowing when someone is lying or has a tell, is one of them, another is being able to follow a conversation and transcribe it correctly.

Where DB answers “and you didn’t / don’t know what it is” in my opinion this is DB responding to Will, concerning Wills apology for not vetting the questions, because it being a live-stream. I don’t think it’s directed at the audience at all.

In regards to his “silly question” well my gut tells me that’s a deflection. It’s obvious it’s a thorny subject, probably not an important one but Will’s apology and the flippancy shows its a contentious issue; or something not very important at all to DB.

Do I think Raxxla is in game, well I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t, but I will keep looking and I will applaud who ever does.... and of course they did state ‘in the past’ that it ‘was’ in game... but I’m beginning to think its not that big nor clever. I certainly think finding the Dark Wheel station will shed more light on this, possibly lead to somewhere even if that’s a dead-end?

But my point is I don’t think it’s constructive to adhere the “and you didn’t / don’t know” statement to Raxxla any longer I honestly don’t think it’s relevant and it’s just muddying the waters.

Wow, I've always read about this and thought the original interpretation is correct. What we thought was correct was more colored by another forumer's interpretation and even then it is off because of where he left the comma or what the context was https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/david-brabens-answers-and-news-from-his-segment-on-3-1-launchday-livestream.435395/.

Actually looking at the interview itself, I think you are right. Always trust but verify.

Last edited:

I've said the very same thing in this very same thread. Couldn't agree more.

o7, all. I'm on holiday in Colonia having fun with Phisto and crew. Do let me know if you find it.

Scytale

Banned
How similar would you say Sidney and Cygne sound, in French?
(Spenser's poem ?)
They sound very different. No possible confusion. Something like 'seednay' and 'seeñ.'
Diphtongs
are really funny in French. Cygne and signe (sign) have the exact same pronunciation.
Also o, oh, os, -ot, -ots, -ôt, au, aux, -aud, eau, eaux, haut, hauts, -ault... all the same ! 😆

Last edited:

Scytale

Banned
ED lore consisted of nothing except vague hints, up to the release of the codex.
Mmmmh... If we assume that all what the E/F missions told us hasn't been retconned, their "clues" were much more specific than the fluffy Codex.
(Celestial body, obfuscation, not a place, door/key, lost route map, SAP8, Trinkets, Songs of the Spheres, etc.. Oh happy past times, when there was Raxxla-ish stuff ingame!)

Last edited:
Pre-ED Raxxla = Planet, portal and evil men. TDW is searching, but haven't found it.
ED Raxxla = Dull moon, portal (omphalos rift) and sinister cabal or sole tyrant. TDW is searching, but haven't found it.

Not much have changed. Mainly because there isn't much to change. The entire 'old lore' consists of a few sentences in TDW. ED lore consisted of nothing except vague hints, up to the release of the codex.
Ya I re-read it recently and its funny how ideas get fixed in ones mind... I kept equating the Twisted Men with the Dark Wheel (or atleast a part of it) but its clear from the novella that they are different groups. The Dark Wheel is looking for Raxxla, and the Twisted Men are probably the ones who really know about Raxxla and possibly have "black and green flags with bright sunbursts on them and non-terrestrial ideographs on the sides"... black and green sunburst pattern:

Anyhoo im just focusing on twisted things these days ...

Last edited:
(Spenser's poem ?)
They sound very different. No possible confusion. Something like 'seednay' and 'seeñ.'
Diphtongs
are really funny in French. Cygne and signe (sign) have the exact same pronunciation.
Also o, ô, oh, os, -ot, -ots, -ôt, au, aux, -aud, eau, eaux, haut, hauts, -ault... all the same ! 😆
The reason I'm asking is that back in the day, the similarity was made a big deal of. Particularly in the discussion of Mary(sister) Sidney's contribution to Shakespeare's authorship: https://marysidney.weebly.com/9.html

Seems the similarity was rather superficial, but good enough for the King.

"King Charles IX made Sidney a baron of the French realm and gave him the arms of ‘the Swan’, because the French equivalent, cygnet (pronounced seen-yay), was the closest the heralds could come to the Englishman’s Frenchified name, de Sideney (pronounced de-see-de-nay)."

Edit: The Spencer poem is also interesting, as it literally puts Sidney(as a swan) in the sky as a sign. I will come back to it.

Last edited:

Scytale

Banned
cygnet (plural cygnets) The young of a swan. Yeah, the pronunciation of this one is a little more similar to Sydney. But still, cygne and cygnet sound quite different... today.
Back at the XVI century... who knows ? Besides, it also depends on what accent the word is spoken. In the south of France, they would sound more similar.
Daniel Spenser's poem is the original text from where you took that Snowy Swan phrase, isn't it ?

Last edited:
Mmmmh... If we assume that all what the E/F missions told us hasn't been retconned, their "clues" were much more specific than the fluffy Codex.
(Celestial body, obfuscation, not a place, door/key, lost route map, SAP8, Trinkets, Songs of the Spheres, etc.. Oh happy past times, when there was Raxxla-ish stuff ingame!)

To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies!
SAP8 Core (foot long crystalline shard) Obfuscation in the outer rim...

To the whisperer in witch-space, the siren of the deepest void!
The silent song of the spheres

The parent's grief, the lover's woe,
The door that is also a key

and the yearning of our vagabond hearts.
Trinkets of Hidden fortune are knicknacks and ...statuettes of lady fortune

To Raxxla!"

ok its a bit of a stretch :geek:

Scytale

Banned
To the whisperer in witch-space, the siren of the deepest void!
The silent song of the spheres
In 1619 Kepler published Harmonices Mundi (literally Harmony of the Worlds), expanding on the concepts he introduced in Mysterium and positing that musical intervals and harmonies describe the motions of the six known planets of the time (Wikipedia).
So, the Icon represents Sol (it's symbol for centuries)
which is the true jewel.
Six green beams and the curved lines represent the singing of the six planets.
The dashed line, the asteroid belt.
So...
Are we going to explore
The planetoid Sedna, discovered in 2003, is thought to be a member of the inner Oort Cloud.

Herr Professor-Doktor already started, years ago, iirc..

Last edited:
So I should forgot my stupid Imperial role-play to do something for Feds to access Sol. Damn that game! I don't like that Federation fleet titles! Petty officer!

I'm sorry for this offtop.

Top Bottom