Maybe its Xtra Xtra Large :)

Raxxla was a name already coined by Holdstock in his earlier work 'Alien Worlds' - names can be hard for authors, so reusing is simpler than making new. But its possible that AW is the 'children's book' of the codex - who knows..

haha guys something very funny happened. i went to the official website that sells the "raxxla amplifier" product wich is now "discontinued". they had a link "ask a question about raxxla mkII" so i asked them about the meaning of the name raxxla, and who thought of it, and why? and today i received a response.
funnyresponse.jpg
i guess that answers that question. 😄

I agree that the name is probably important. The RA 20 (Right alignment) angle has been investigated by many. RA is also the Sun god and may refer to Sol itself.

I've been looking at the option that the two Xs represents the crossing point of the Galactic plane with the Celestial plane and the Ecliptic plane respectively. The angles of a normal X do at least fit. I'm trying to align them to go from Raxxla to Raxla, so to speak. :)
If RA means Right Ascension then the XX could mean 20 or XXL might mean 30 (50 minus 20 but this would be unusual, XXX would be more normal representation). But that leaves the A or LA for Declination, which is meaningless. Also RA is just an angular measurement on the Earth’s ecliptic, you need declination and distance to give a point coordinate. So I’m not convinced RA does mean Right Ascension. The word RAXXLA might be a cypher key though, but is it a door??

The 'real soontil' was shrouded in a 'fog' in 'And Here The Wheel'. Makes me wonder 🤔

Undoubtedly, RAXXLA seems to be everyone's biggest question. Mine included. Yet, they say it's not True cannon to the Elite universe. I do recall a post, two or three years back. Apparently RAXXLA is not the games greatest kept secret, and nor is it tied to it. I tend to believe it. RAXXLA is a planet in Andromeda. The RAXXLA that was in Lave was, but a coriolis station which acted as one of the gateways, or steps, to accessing Andromeda. From there RAXXLA still had to be found, and you can't tell which system in Andromeda it will be in, as it has the ability to be moved, system to system...but I highly doubt to entire galaxies. A coriolis station, however, can be renamed and hidden anywhere. So how do we know its not the very one we start in? Or in a debris field? For example. Lots of questions that just lead to more...yet, again, it allegedly is not the game's greatest kept secret.

there are certain facts that have been given by fdev over the years since ed was released.

1. it's in the milky way.
2. it's in the game
3. it's not permit blocked or require any special ranking to find it
4. it's accessible to players (it's not at non-achievable jump ranges)
5. It's not connected to any current or past narrative plots
6. Fdev knows exactly where it is.
7. it's been in the game since the beginning.

The above is not in question unless you don't believe fdev ...in which case anything can be believable to you and there's no point in making any discussion regarding it.

There's been hints that's it's in or immediately around the bubble from one panel interview.

there are certain facts that have been given by fdev over the years since ed was released.

2. it's in the game

The above is not in question unless you don't believe fdev ...in which case anything can be believable to you and there's no point in making any discussion regarding it.

There's been hints that's it's in or immediately around the bubble from one panel interview.
Whilst I agree with the sentiment, Raxxla is definitely part of the lore and has not been retconned out of Elite: Dangerous, I have to point out that some of what you have stated is incorrect. Some points are related to the Formidine Rift Mystery.

Some are pure speculation from Drew W. Drew himself has stated he does not know where Raxxla is, and his musings in regards to the matter should be taken only for what they are; speculation from a lore expert.

Whilst certainly worth more than a passing thought (Drew’s The Old Worlds hypothesis is still one of my favourites), they are not proven theories or clues from FDEV.

Hopefully if @drew spots this he can reaffirm what I have said here to clear up any confusion.

All we know for certain is what is linked in the OP in this thread;

Last edited:

2. it's in the game

It’s all in question without verifiable sources.

How many of those points do you/we have verifiable sources for?

Speaking of that. Isn't it weird that everything is named after Earth animals and junk when there has been a thousand years or so of off Earth civilization and life.

Where are the now transplanted or alien species? Why would all space ship manufactures use Earth names when the vast majority of humans have never been to earth for many generations?

Lol dude have you not read the OP or the post directly above you or even watched any of the videos from MB or drew's post about DB?
You're seriously asking that question? Wow. This was only yesterday:

machina.jpg

Comedy.

And the bit about the post above mine? A quick look at the times they were both posted should be all you need to know the answer at the point I wrote mine was no - because blatantly the one above was posted while I was writing and posting mine.

Which point do you have issue with?
2.Have they ever said those literal words? (Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not in the game, and there's lot of stuff which can be taken to mean it's in the game, but have they ever actually specifically said it?)

3. Sounds like the standard conflation with things that were said about the Formadine Rift mystery. Have they also said it about Raxxla? Not in any of the links in the FP.

4. Also sounds like the standard conflation with things that were said about the Formadine Rift mystery. Have they also said it about Raxxla? Not in any of the links in the FP.

5. Is blatantly not a correct statement. If FD ever said it, it has been out of date for a long time. It's demonstrably false. As an example, The CIEP were a splinter group from The Dark Wheel, lead by Oberon Ryder because he believed he could find Soontill whereas his brother, Neptune, was focussed solely on Raxxla. The CIEP found Soontill, and we still have the legacy of that in game - I mean seriously, it's not even like it's not current, with getting Soontill Relics being the unlock for Elvira M. On another note, Elyssia Fields is in Premonition.

7. Also sounds another conflation with things that were said about the Formadine Rift mystery. Have they also said it about Raxxla? Not in any of the links in the FP. On this one, it's could be inferred from what Drew said, as that was from pre-launch, but it still has the same problem as 2, in that there's the question of whether they have ever actually specifically said it's in game.

Myself, I've just been around too long to just take a post as absolutely accurate when it's saying stuff that isn't in any of the well established sources. Don't get me wrong here, if sources can actually be provided then that's fantastic. It'd be a great addition to the current set of confirmed statements, and very very welcomed.

You're seriously asking that question? Wow. This was only yesterday:

View attachment 154235

Comedy.

And the bit about the post above mine? A quick look at the times they were both posted should be all you need to know the answer at the point I wrote mine was no - because blatantly the one above was posted while I was writing and posting mine.

2.Have they ever said those literal words? (Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not in the game, and there's lot of stuff which can be taken to mean it's in the game, but have they ever actually specifically said it?)

3. Sounds like the standard conflation with things that were said about the Formadine Rift mystery. Have they also said it about Raxxla? Not in any of the links in the FP.

4. Also sounds like the standard conflation with things that were said about the Formadine Rift mystery. Have they also said it about Raxxla? Not in any of the links in the FP.

5. Is blatantly not a correct statement. If FD ever said it, it has been out of date for a long time. It's demonstrably false. As an example, The CIEP were a splinter group from The Dark Wheel, lead by Oberon Ryder because he believed he could find Soontill whereas his brother, Neptune, was focussed solely on Raxxla. The CIEP found Soontill, and we still have the legacy of that in game - I mean seriously, it's not even like it's not current, with getting Soontill Relics being the unlock for Elvira M. On another note, Elyssia Fields is in Premonition.

7. Also sounds another conflation with things that were said about the Formadine Rift mystery. Have they also said it about Raxxla? Not in any of the links in the FP. On this one, it's could be inferred from what Drew said, as that was from pre-launch, but it still has the same problem as 2, in that there's the question of whether they have ever actually specifically said it's in game.

Myself, I've just been around too long to just take a post as absolutely accurate when it's saying stuff that isn't in any of the well established sources. Don't get me wrong here, if sources can actually be provided then that's fantastic. It'd be a great addition to the current set of confirmed statements, and very very welcomed.
Points 2, 3, 4 and 7 are almost the same.

MB said "It's a journey that everyone has to travel for themselves"

Now you are just being pedantic. In any normal conversation, if MB had said the exact words he said to you in the interview face to face, you will just take it that it is accessible. This is implied no matter how you try to spin it.

1. You know its in the Milky way.
2. You know its a journey.
3. You know it has to be soloed.
4. You know its travel-able if that's a word at that point in time.

If you think the opposite (for e.g. its not travel-able at that point in time), that MB is being deceptive or disingenuous, then the search is over for you. Why bother?

Point 5. Is the only point I don't agree with.

Point 7. So what is exactly the problem you have with this? That its in the game since the beginning? Or is it just whether its in the game or not? If its the latter, then refer back to the above quote. Again its just pedantic. So what if it wasn't in the "beginning". Then you'd just have to account for Horizons expansion and its implications. Its definitely in the game now. And if you think otherwise, then why bother?

It's not Sirius, it's Polaris. Raxxla is in Polaris, however I'm not sure if it is a planet actually.

The stable portal to Witchspace is in Polaris and Sirius is possibly an exit to a one way (or currently one way) wormhole to Polaris. That's why it is a Waypoint. I also thint Sirius Corp "lost" the secret to how to properly open the wormhole and this is what they are really researching...

Check page 3. I think it is quite obvious what Waypoint is in that context. It's a lighthouse.

http://www.starlearner.com/new-course/documents/3.1e Finding Polaris and Sirius.pdf

Supplementary info:

That mention in the books about people already being on Raxxla? That won't back down from hiring assassins to stop the ones on the track?
That's Sirius Corp. As you know Raxxla contains portals to "other dimensions" - that is obviously the stable gateway to Witchspace. The home of you know who and say with me what is the most important "invention" of Sirius Corp (they actually obtained the research data form Alliance and they used it to build a prototype)?
Yeah, Frame Shift Drive. Such coincidence, much mystery.
Another thing - Antares event. The ship "disappeared" when performing the experiment. Remember Event Horizon? It went into the witchspace and exited at the ONLY known stable exit point. Raxxla. Later on we've found its "remains".
Further - Polaris alternative name apart from Alpha Ursae Minoris and North Star is... Star of Arcady. Yes, the mythical Arcadia as people call it.
So, to sum it up - it's Polaris ;)
As David Braben said it is in range of a stock Cobra III:

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/cobra_mk_iii?code=A0peteFdledesef4------f4f4f4f2f2f2.Iw1/kA==.Aw1/kA==..EweloBhBGA2EoFMCGBzANokMK6A=

Jump range total 467LY. Polaris from LHS 3447 - 436.13LY. Remember you are not moving at a straight line.

Or and it's not like Lucifer would be the symbolical leader of the Dark Wheel.

Also, Polaris is a trinary system.
What about from the original start system? Eranin? What is 467ly from there? Also what were the specs on a Cobra in 2014? I was under the impression RAXXLA has been in the game since those days. LHS 3447 wasn't until after preview/ beta.

Last edited:
Tinfoil ramblings

Couple of things I wanted to note down.

Firstly, looking through my decals today and all the PF rank decals are listed with the Role then Rank (eg. Trade Elite) except for Exploration. That is just labelled as the rank (eg. Elite). Probably just an oversight but it was something that stood out as different.

Also looking at the message for reaching an Elite Rank, where the Pilots federation logo appears there are what look like stars.

EED2EFD0-85F0-4EAA-83FF-32399AFF44C2.jpeg

B8FA4682-370D-4BAA-980C-0FE25AE51B47.jpeg

Which gave me thoughts of the following images I have recently be studying

1E1F0C46-1F18-4323-9478-BCBF9F680F08.jpeg

F15ED19C-C1E6-4B33-BA2D-5C3E3E916BB1.jpeg

Now all this made me think of another item that came in the original Elite box besides The Dark Wheel novella: The Keyboard overlay.
1575621179389.png
Does anyone think there could be a way to overlay the images above (or any other images) to reveal anything of interest?
Disclaimer: It is possible some of that Apa Veitii I was hauling last night may have leaked into my water supply.

Last edited:
Top Bottom