Based on the Garden City Winking Cat reference I’m changing my theory.
At first I was under the impression that the stolen art from earth meant that the windows were 3 day intervals. I believe that to be false now, my apologies.

To clarify: 3 pieces of art were stolen Rembrandt 17th century, Guernica 20th Century, and Terra Absentia 23rd Century. 17, 20, 23. I believe the number meant to be taken from this was the total of the centuries, 60, so perhaps 60 days.

The most recent piece of stolen art that was returned, Penance Street, was referenced to have been missing 60 years. Again I believe this to mean 60 days.

Mars was stolen from twice within a 60 day period. 1 January - 14 February. Meaning it was somewhere near Sol during that time frame. Rembrandt (Dutch) Guernica (Spanish) so perhaps it was somewhere between Vega and Van Maanen (completely guessing).

The Garden City diagram breaks the city up into 7 nodes of population.

So if we apply this to the bubble can we get 7 unique population centers? I believe so.
Federation, Empire, Alliance, Sirius, Utopia, Grom, Delaine.

Perhaps it’s moving in the vicinity of population centers, centered on the core worlds but always near the frontier. That’s a wide search area BUT with attention to Galnet I think the locations can be narrowed down.

Unless there’s another way to divide the bubble into 7(I’m open to suggestions)? Regions perhaps? I’m not looking at the map at the moment so I don’t know.

If we look at the theft on 31 August and add 60 days it would be 30 October. The fertilizer issue took place during this time frame while attention was being drawn away from the Upaniklis region. Then on 5 November the Golconda was hinted at (via Galnet) because the coast was already clear. It would have left the region by 30 October.

There was another 60 day window near Eotienses. I wonder what was occurring within 60 days of that theft and where it occurred.

I’m going to return to digging now to see if I can discover the order the regions are visited in. Wish me luck and sanity.

At first I was under the impression that the stolen art from earth meant that the windows were 3 day intervals. I believe that to be false now, my apologies.

To clarify: 3 pieces of art were stolen Rembrandt 17th century, Guernica 20th Century, and Terra Absentia 23rd Century. 17, 20, 23. I believe the number meant to be taken from this was the total of the centuries, 60, so perhaps 60 days.

The most recent piece of stolen art that was returned, Penance Street, was referenced to have been missing 60 years. Again I believe this to mean 60 days.

Mars was stolen from twice within a 60 day period. 1 January - 14 February. Meaning it was somewhere near Sol during that time frame. Rembrandt (Dutch) Guernica (Spanish) so perhaps it was somewhere between Vega and Van Maanen (completely guessing).

So if we apply this to the bubble can we get 7 unique population centers? I believe so.

Perhaps it’s moving in the vicinity of population centers, centered on the core worlds but always near the frontier. That’s a wide search area BUT with attention to Galnet I think the locations can be narrowed down.

Unless there’s another way to divide the bubble into 7(I’m open to suggestions)? Regions perhaps? I’m not looking at the map at the moment so I don’t know.

If we look at the theft on 31 August and add 60 days it would be 30 October. The fertilizer issue took place during this time frame while attention was being drawn away from the Upaniklis region. Then on 5 November the Golconda was hinted at (via Galnet) because the coast was already clear. It would have left the region by 30 October.

There was another 60 day window near Eotienses. I wonder what was occurring within 60 days of that theft and where it occurred.

I’m going to return to digging now to see if I can discover the order the regions are visited in. Wish me luck and sanity.
7 Old Worlds within short range in Elite
B523F7C6-7029-40DC-97FF-EBA7B10F4147.jpeg

On that note, could someone please do me a favour and check the in-game system description for Orerve? I swear it used to say “This system is a dull place” but now it says no description for me and I have lost the system data as well. I still retain data for the other Old World systems, Orerve is the only one I have seemed to have lost.

Hadn't heard of the winking cat until this week honestly and it intrigued me so I took a look see. What stands out to me is this. The paintings they stole and the one returned basically and what their meanings are. First is the Rembrandt self portrait. The circles being significant and generally taken to be a representation of Aristotle’s “perfect form of the world”, which in the painting is curiously blank.
second is Picasso’s Guernica which is an anti-war painting. With Facism and darkness represented by a bull and the trampled people represented by a horse.
third a 23rd century painting that has a title meaning “without earth” or “in earths absence”. Followed by contemporary works that are representative of the Federations “new dawn” and a painting that comes to express the owner. They also gave back to the federation a painting called Penance Street.
According to GalNet the winking cat has become somewhat of a common mans hero. With their symbol turning up in art, books and music.
Their thefts come for the first three in 3 century blocks. 17, 20, 23rd followed by two works from the 3300’s.
Seems to me their not stealing paintings for the heck of it, or for monetary gain. They have a common theme. They’re taken regardless of power affiliation and they are, in order, the worlds perfect form, anti-war pro people, without earth and penance being given to the federation. And a work taken to themselves that becomes what the owner is. What’s left then? They’re up to contemporary works. I’d think their next move is their own magnum opus. A cap on whatever their message is to the powers.
If I had to place my money they’re not working alone, but are backed by an organization. Hard to believe that one person would have the skills and funding to pull all this off.
Since they’ve gained a popular following and seem to be sending a message that resonates with the people, I’d bet their trying to be disruptive to the powers in a very public way.
Which reminds me of Salomé’s final message. That to expose the club (not just their plan but who they are specifically) that we must be disruptive to the powers. Rise up, and they will have no choice but to come out of the shadows and expose themselves.
If I had to place a bet. That’s their end game.

Oh, and the new dawn sculptures were made by “Lal” which means Ruby. A jewel, which has significance elsewhere in the game and would tie into my assumption that the “Well in the ring there is the Ruby sett, where comely shape, & virtue both are mett.” From the first print of Astrophel and Stella are significant to TDW toast.

I want to mention here my final tin foil ramblings for the night.

As a courtesy I will place said ramblings in spoiler tags so those that don’t wish to read them may scroll past them with ease.

I am extremely suspicious of the whole blight situation with Rockforth Corporation and EX7 fertiliser.

Specific core worlds were mentioned during this event, Orerve, Diso, Riedquat, Lave and maybe more I can’t remember off the top of my head but if I look through Galnet I can make a definitive list.

I am suspicious about how EX7 was created as a way to increase crop yields, just as the Mycoid virus was reportedly created by someone trying to find a way to prevent famine.

There are links here, that tie it all together. The Thargoids, the Guardians, Halsey, The Whispering Cat, Raxxla, The Dark wheel, all of it.

Our combined knowledge helps us to brainstorm and even with this advantage we are still only seeing small parts of it all, with the barest of hints that are so easy to miss and so easy to discount as coincidence. It isn’t coincidence though, it is a narrative that is being delivered to us in an awesome fashion. If you try and look at the whole picture as it is, and not be misled by what they want us to see, it all weaves together.

It is so difficult to do because the scope of it all is so huge and who here can say with full confidence that they remember clearly every single Galnet article, CG, II, tourist beacon, data logs from hidden bases, megaship, and more besides? Not me, not yet.

Pick a thread, any thread, start pulling and it ties into something else, and something else and if you can keep hold of it and find the next elusive connection you find it never ends. Where does it lead us? In a circle like the ouroboros, as someone mentioned earlier. We feel as though we gain some insight but we still are no closer to Raxxla.

It is beautiful really, a masterpiece tale that has been going on for years and years. There doesn’t seem to be an end in sight, but the hope that we can discover something, anything, is like that elusive carrot dangling in front of the draft horse. As Raistlin Majere wisely said;

“We should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
o7

Sounds to me like a description of the Raxxla logo:
  • 60 degee angles.
  • Two circles by Rembrandt. One complete and one incomplete in the logo.
  • Guernica with triangles an a central ligth source (Sun).
  • Three streets
  • Six outer garden cities.

Sounds to me like a description of the Raxxla logo:
  • 60 degee angles.
  • Two circles by Rembrandt. One complete and one incomplete in the logo.
  • Guernica with triangles an a central ligth source (Sun).
  • Three streets
  • Six outer garden cities.
Could be. Also Galileo attempted to solve the circles problem by using hexagons. He noticed that the smaller hexagon made “jumps through space” to keep up with the larger hexagon it was attached to. Saying that the smaller object made jumps leaving voids, and he felt that explained how two rotating (and spiraling points) or different diameters could cover the same horizontal distance in a single rotation. He was ultimately incorrect when it comes to circles, but it’s interesting nonetheless I think.

Had a thought. This pic comes from a video from FDev talking about the future of elite. They showed this screen during a hyperspace jump, and they were quite careful not to show the location they were jumping to. The curious thing is that it’s not a system that is targeted for the jump, it’s a planet. Try as I may and others have too, I can’t seem to come up with a sequence of actions that would leave an image of a planet in the targeting holo whole jumping. So, I thought recently, what if that’s a hint to Raxxla? What if Raxxla is its own system? Idk how the stellar forge works in this regaurd or if it’s possible within it to make a system that is just one planet with no star etc, but when jumping we land at the most massive star in a system. What if it’s not the most massive star but simply the most massive object? But the upper and lower limits of star and planet size just make it so the most massive object is always a star I generated systems? That would allow them to tailor make a system that’s just a planet. Wouldn’t be called Raxxla of course. Why would it? It’s unknown to stellar cartography. Wouldn’t change the name to Raxxla until it was found and it’s secret discovered confirming its identity. Then nobody on staff would know where it is since it’s not called Raxxla, wouldn’t need a special skin, it’s a planet containing a special thing, the planet itself is probably quite ordinary. There would only need be maybe a couple people to design and plant it’s alien artifact and one person who’s got access to the game to plant the single planet system.

Attachments

• 1C76D878-B825-456C-93DA-D8F7727C0CDA.jpeg
    1C76D878-B825-456C-93DA-D8F7727C0CDA.jpeg
    382.6 KB · Views: 365
any chance you have a link to the full vid?

Devs have Devi Mind Trick abilities, including the ability to basically type the system name in somehow and jump there or be 'placed' there instantly (eg its 500 LY away) without using normal physics

Adam Woods used it a lot in some vids he was in as he shows off a lot of new features all over the place.

Could be that, but I still like the whole 1 planet system idea as a separate idea/entity. Implies it wouldn't show on GalMap as can only filter by 'stars' (yes/no? - Real view shows 'everything' or just stars?) but may show in NavPanel as jumpable to. Jumpable is now an acceptable word here where GalMap still gets a red line under it? One to remember for Countdown. (deliberately obfuscating lmao could have said Scrabble)

Not sure how it works as a system though rather than just a rogue planet drifting through space...it could have a moon or two and the DW station orbiting it just for lolz though just to have some Orrery/Orbit/system, otherwise its just a planet.

any chance you have a link to the full vid?

Devs have Devi Mind Trick abilities, including the ability to basically type the system name in somehow and jump there or be 'placed' there instantly (eg its 500 LY away) without using normal physics

Adam Woods used it a lot in some vids he was in as he shows off a lot of new features all over the place.

Could be that, but I still like the whole 1 planet system idea as a separate idea/entity. Implies it wouldn't show on GalMap as can only filter by 'stars' (yes/no? - Real view shows 'everything' or just stars?) but may show in NavPanel as jumpable to. Jumpable is now an acceptable word here where GalMap still gets a red line under it? One to remember for Countdown. (deliberately obfuscating lmao could have said Scrabble)

Not sure how it works as a system though rather than just a rogue planet drifting through space...it could have a moon or two and the DW station orbiting it just for lolz though just to have some Orrery/Orbit/system, otherwise its just a planet.
That was my next though. The route plot system may not auto plot to it if it’s not got a star, so people jumping around the bubble using the auto plot system, even when filtered only to stars not visited, would never get there. It would require you to manually select it.
Not sure of the name of the video and I don’t have a link but I’m pretty darned certain i made the screen grab either from Drew Wagars Raxxla video or from his twitch live stream about it which should also be on his TY channel. The video itself is a separate thing but I believe he showed it on his channel at that time as well. I’ll do some looking for a link and time stamp when I get a chance a little later.

They talked about it being weird and all and how would you jump to a planet etc in the discussion from what I remember but I don’t recall anyone thinking that perhaps the planet is the system itself. Unless I’m quasi remembering it and thinking it’s an original idea as a result which has been known to happen :p either way i think it’s an intriguing possibility.

You know when you see people talking about their journey from being unhealthy to healthy, that they're not talking about an actual voyage yeah? That a journey of self discovery does not necessarily mean a voyage? So on and so forth? The people who say that stuff in a non-voyage sense aren't being deceptive or disingenuous.

(For the avoidance of doubt, I'm in no way implying that you don't know that stuff. The point being made is to question why a common metaphor is being treated as an unquestionable literal statement in this particular circumstance.)

From 1 side you can use Occam's Razor. The simplest solution is to take MB's words at face value that it is a literal journey because he prefaced that sentence with a physical location: Its in the Milky Way. From the other side, due to the esoteric nature of the riddle, one would think its a metaphor. The problem is with using it as just a metaphor because if you extend it long enough, then everything can be a metaphor and there really is no need for a physical McGuffin. I know at least 1 long time player who had lost faith and dropped out because of this. My personal belief is that MB's statement is used both ways, literal and metaphorical and that there is a mechanic which fulfills both requirements.

So who is it that's trying to spin things here?

No offense intended. When I say "you", I meant the metaphorical "you", not you per se.

Cool. So presumably then with regard to the statement that was made that "The above is not in question unless you don't believe fdev " we're both in agreement that it actually is in question, and it's not a matter of not believing FD, and what we're actually talking about is the degree to which it is in question. Excellent, we're getting somewhere! 😉
No. What I mean is for point 5. I neither have evidence for or against it hence I can only disagree the OP Darth Ender.

3. Is inferral on your part.
4. Is also inferral on your part but appears to be an inferral built on an inferral.
Again with reference to a literal vs metaphorical journey and MB's words "It's a journey that everyone has to travel for themselves."

Its just ironical to me that you want to be logical about it but given 2 choices, you rather not take things at face value (the simplest solution) but take the other choice instead, whether its the choice of the metaphor or the choice that MB is being disingenuous.

what I'm saying is a friend of mine Colonel_scouse is quad Elite and he has also been seeking raxxla for a long time and so far quad Elite means nothing to him either.

Also im pretty sure cqc wasnt something available when the game first came out based on this
View attachment 154338
Considering the state of cqc disrepair, If it was seriously connected to anything thats taken as seriously as raxxla it would have been fixed or at least acknowledged. After everyone went looking for Gan Romero they decided to stop making galnet fluff to prevent people wasting their time. Wouldnt it make sense to make sure the path everyone must travel for theirselves is actually able to be traveled by anyone? Which it presently is not in its currently far from it. It just seems like common sense to me but hey.....

Just to be clear, my personal stance is that Quad Elite isn't needed because I personally do not believe in triggers as triggers are not needed to hide Raxxla (which is another long theory in itself).

What I was talking about is that someone who has the conviction for triggers must necessarily eliminate CQC as one of the trigger. He must logically and necessarily take the step to eliminate all possible suspects. And I know at least 1 player with the conviction to do that, attain CQC Elite because he understands this. It is inconvenient yes but logical. To do anything else prior to attaining CQC Elite and yet believe in triggers is irrational.

Quad Elite doing nothing for your friend is anecdotal and irrelevant. Not everyone knows everything and CQC Elite is largely a function of time spent. For example, for all major paths in game, there are not widely known mechanics in each of them which even veteran players have no idea about. (Whether they are bugs or intended as a function of the Stellar Forge is another discussion.)

And the logical error you are committing is that there is only 1 way to Raxxla and that CQC wasn't updated for a way in. For all we know, there might be 6 ways to Raxxla, 2 paths for every profession. (For those that believe in triggers anyway :p )

Last edited:
It's a journey (Prove me wrong). Not in some stupid general sense. For a person to Prove their journey to be real, there must be something to show the world.
Cora needed a ride in Art's ship to find the pirate treasure. Cora, the creative Life giving force. Art, a ship based mechanic. A game mechanic, as in the camera suite.
It has seemed to me, for a long time now, that they want You All to embrace your creative self, because there is life in that. Much more life than there is for you to just sitting at your desk for years on end going on some make believe quest for nothing.
A creative transformation, to Prove you did what you did.

Edit* As far back as initiations go in the history of the world they all pretty much served the same purpose, to change child to adult through the metaphorical death of the child, or immature mind. I'm sure most of us at this point are familiar with the term Kidult. A child in a grown ups body. Children play with toys all day long. Grown ups are not designed nor supposed to be doing that. If you find that you're supposed to be leading life as a grown up, and instead play games all day, you are in fact a kidult and need to address that. Incorporating Art into that is a fix and a chance to turn a kids game into something a grown up can grow from. At least you won't just be playing games, but rather will be doing something creative and somewhat introspective in that process.

"Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way."
-Pink Floyd, Time.

Last edited:
My take on “Cora” is slightly different but I believe there is indeed a journey to be had here. I’ve researched countless topics over the past few weeks that I’ve been looking in earnest into this mystery. I can say that, were it not for Raxxla, I’d have never looked into those topics. From Garden Cities, to random scientists, pioneers, and countless mythologies.
I’m enjoying the journey thus far and if I can retain it all, I’d say I’ve learned a lot.

So back to Cora; I think Cora relates to an indigenous group of people in Mexico, named the Cora.

They meshed the beliefs of the Spanish conquerors into their pagan beliefs and created the own brand of Christianity.
One of their Chief Dieties was named Tayau the sun God who also went by the shortened name Tau (like Tau Ceti). Tau would traverse the sky until he sat in his throne at noon.
I believe that’s what we’re supposed to gather from Cora and Tau Ceti in this instance. A sun like deity, that moves on a set path and schedule and “sits down” periodically so to speak.

Art Tornqvist on the other hand...I believe is a reference to the Tornqvist index; an economics index that is calculated for consecutive periods.

Im no statistics professor so I can’t say for certain what the specifics are but I think the gist of the clue there is to use Art (Winking Cat) to find out time frames or periods.

Economy may also be a factor as well. The Raxxla logo is green similar to the vision for Garden Cities. Could Raxxla be moving to systems that are only Agricultural?

Do we have regions identified as “green belts” in the bubble?

My take on “Cora” is slightly different but I believe there is indeed a journey to be had here. I’ve researched countless topics over the past few weeks that I’ve been looking in earnest into this mystery. I can say that, were it not for Raxxla, I’d have never looked into those topics. From Garden Cities, to random scientists, pioneers, and countless mythologies.
I’m enjoying the journey thus far and if I can retain it all, I’d say I’ve learned a lot.

So back to Cora; I think Cora relates to an indigenous group of people in Mexico, named the Cora.

They meshed the beliefs of the Spanish conquerors into their pagan beliefs and created the own brand of Christianity.
One of their Chief Dieties was named Tayau the sun God who also went by the shortened name Tau (like Tau Ceti). Tau would traverse the sky until he sat in his throne at noon.
I believe that’s what we’re supposed to gather from Cora and Tau Ceti in this instance. A sun like deity, that moves on a set path and schedule and “sits down” periodically so to speak.

Art Tornqvist on the other hand...I believe is a reference to the Tornqvist index; an economics index that is calculated for consecutive periods.

Im no statistics professor so I can’t say for certain what the specifics are but I think the gist of the clue there is to use Art (Winking Cat) to find out time frames or periods.

Economy may also be a factor as well. The Raxxla logo is green similar to the vision for Garden Cities. Could Raxxla be moving to systems that are only Agricultural?

Do we have regions identified as “green belts” in the bubble?
Cora for me, is a potential hint to the Core worlds.

Art and Winking cat, agreed.

Agriculture economies, such as the core worlds recently hit by the blight? The same blight caused by EX7 fertiliser being contaminated with a suspicious pathogen?

I know of another suspicious pathogen - yup you guessed it - Mycoid.

Aren’t we lucky INRA had also taken the time to create a vaccine for Mycoid, before the blight spread too far? Unless you believe the news and prefer to think that the “radical methods” suggested by Neomedical Industries was nothing to do with Mycoid.
Neo- (prefix) Neo– (from the Greek: νέος, neos meaning "young") is a prefix that is used with nouns, to emphasize the word's revival–in the sense of a revitalized movement that takes a newer form.

It is all too coincidental for my liking. Are we being guided towards the Core Worlds?

This has got me thinking. I wonder if Thargoids would react to EX7 fertiliser, or Agronomic Treatment? We know they react to Guardian and Thargoid related cargo.
Hmm. That might be better discussed in the Thargoid thread.

Last edited:
... At least you won't just be playing games, but rather will be doing something creative and somewhat introspective in that process.

I have created some creative introspection! ... or its just the whisky ?

I met a little kitty cat
while walking in the garden.
She winked at me and down she sat
happily with her burden.
A ball of string with which to play
-A Queen amongst the roses.
An idle romp to end the day
with fluffy bits and poses.

I picked this ball of string and pulled
looking for the end you see.
But, theres knot in that sphere o' wolled.
-No answer to philosophie.
The cat just smiled again (and winked)
daring me to follow,
down the the garden path - I think,
leading to the hollow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom