Interesting! Looks like a piece of wreckage, at least supposed to represent something manufactured.
Wouldn’t think it’s a graphical artefact; I’m no graphics expert, but it looks to me to be designed.
So either an Easter egg by FD, or an intentional thing to be found? Could this be Raxxla, or something else?
Has anyone tried to approach it? Does its size vary? If size is invariant I’d say it’s an artefact or Easter egg, but if it’s designed then.....
The way it behaves and the fact that I couldn't replicate it in another system map does make me believe that it is more likely to be intentional. It only shows up on system map "MAP" mode, and it is down and off to the right of the last body. So you cant move over the object with the cursor.

There is no way to determine its location in the system. I flew around for an hour or so and I couldnt spot anything out of the ordinary.

this is what I have been going on…

To sol (the jewel) towards Sirius (the whisperer could well be the frame shift drive, Sirius manufacture it). Sirius is 8.59lys away from sol. The siren of the deepest void (a signal or wake if you drop?). The deepest void between sol and Sirius would be half way 4.295lys. fingers crossed one lead to follow.

I’m currently out about 4.45.

One thing I have noticed is that I have an outer blue circle on my radar if that means anything
screen shot.jpg

I'm slap bang in the middle between sol and Sirius 4.29ly still have the blue outline circle around my radar. I have dropped, but nothing so far. I'm going to spend the rest of my time in super cruise and search around. will let you know if anything happens. if anything it's one lead I can mark off. I just find it odd with the Blue circle, on planets it's a point of discovery.

I'm slap bang in the middle between sol and Sirius 4.29ly still have the blue outline circle around my radar. I have dropped, but nothing so far. I'm going to spend the rest of my time in super cruise and search around. will let you know if anything happens. if anything it's one lead I can mark off. I just find it odd with the Blue circle, on planets it's a point of discovery.
Blue circle as in POI in supercruise? (EDIT, I noticed your previous post now)
Restart game and check again whether it's a bug or not.

You could post another screenie or video of it ~1000 words.

Last edited:
Solved on the other thread - Looking for Mermaids, its normal blue ring on radar, screenshot shows it docked with blue ring.

Was a bit of fun anyway, amazing what I notice sometimes and ask 'has that always been there?'

Blue on the outside of the radar-frame. Yeah, normal, always there.
Not POI.

I think people are looking way too deeply into the Dark Wheel toast. Remember, the Dark Wheel doesn't actually know Raxxla's exact location; they're just dedicated to looking for it.
"The whisperer in witchspace, the siren of the deepest void" just means that Raxxla is an irresistably tempting prize. You know it's out there somewhere and it's like it's whispering in your ear, tempting you to come find it.
"The parent's grief, the lover's woe, and the yearning of our vagabond hearts" refers to the search for Raxxla consuming the lives of those who seek it, to the point where they abandon their loved ones to go look for it. The Dark Wheel are vagabonds, aimless wanderers, because they have given up everything in the name of finding Raxxla.

There is one line in the toast that I think is worth investigating: "the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies." While this could just be more flowery prose saying that Raxxla is the most valuable thing in the galaxy, it's strange to refer to the Milky Way as "the mother of galaxies" since it has no associations with motherhood. I believe that this actually refers to the constellation Cassiopeia, the mother of Andromeda (i.e. the Andromeda galaxy) in Greek mythology. I've visited some of the main stars in the constellation itself and found nothing of note, but there's still plenty of room in that section of the sky for Raxxla to be hiding in.
The Dark Wheel doesn't know where Raxxla is, but maybe they do know it's somewhere in this area. It's still a huge area to hide in but it's considerably narrowed down versus the galaxy as a whole.

cas.jpg
Cassconesmall.png
(I don't actually know anything about astronomical coordinates or geometry so my attempt to illustrate the bounds of the region may be entirely wrong)

Was reading pilots fed tourist beacons in shin,
View attachment 164017

Has anyone tried collecting bounties but not turning in bounties?
What a strange thing to write in the text for PF. Hm, I've been flying around with unclaimed bounties before but the only way you can never claim them is if your ship blows up.
Perhaps that's what they are referring to?
Can try to fly around with bounties for 30 days, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

On another note, I flew out to the INRA base in HIP 12099 and Jamesons Cobra, grabbed the intel from both places, Returned to SD and slammed the datalogs on the frontdesk of Lori Jameson's reception. Perhaps someone will try to send some more (TDW) merceneries after me. (Highly doubt it)

Just a more interesting option to deliver the intel-data there.

What a strange thing to write in the text for PF. Hm, I've been flying around with unclaimed bounties before but the only way you can never claim them is if your ship blows up.
Perhaps that's what they are referring to?
Can try to fly around with bounties for 30 days, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

On another note, I flew out to the INRA base in HIP 12099 and Jamesons Cobra, grabbed the intel from both places, Returned to SD and slammed the datalogs on the frontdesk of Lori Jameson's reception. Perhaps someone will try to send some more (TDW) merceneries after me. (Highly doubt it)

Just a more interesting option to deliver the intel-data there.

If Lori Jameson is part of TDW then might be a very good tactic! I wish I could remember where the bit about them recruiting Dangerous and Deadly as well as Elite came from.

Top Bottom