wheel logo.jpg castle.jpg
might have been written about before, i dont know. has anyone noticed that the dark wheel logo looks a bit like the Barbury castle crop circle.
i mean the lines in the background. i cant make much from it as my eyes are bad and im not that technically minded to remove most of teh image and just leave the background lines.
the lines on the crop circle is the number for PI so i hope someone can figure out the number on TDW logo if it means anything.

Attachments

• wheel logo.jpg
    wheel logo.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 120
  • castle.jpg
    castle.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 130
might have been written about before, i dont know. has anyone noticed that the dark wheel logo looks a bit like the Barbury castle crop circle.
i mean the lines in the background. i cant make much from it as my eyes are bad and im not that technically minded to remove most of teh image and just leave the background lines.
the lines on the crop circle is the number for PI so i hope someone can figure out the number on TDW logo if it means anything.
Well ... if u look at Barnard loop from other side (from crab nebula side) u may imagine it fits dragon :D

It has been written about a few times. 🙂
The main problem with the idea, is that the pic is not the Dark Wheel logo. It’s some fan art, made six years ago.
It’s quite nice, so it sort of stuck.

Last edited:
This has probably already been discussed, but I noticed that Shinrarta has a gas giant, and the 8th moon orbiting it has a base controlled by The Dark Wheel faction. Coincidence? Also there's a tourist beacon nearby that talks about the Pilot Federation and mentions The Dark Wheel as an unofficial group inside of it.

Maybe their orbital station is orbiting that moon, but we just aren't able to see it until we unlock it?

This has probably already been discussed, but I noticed that Shinrarta has a gas giant, and the 8th moon orbiting it has a base controlled by The Dark Wheel faction. Coincidence? Also there's a tourist beacon nearby that talks about the Pilot Federation and mentions The Dark Wheel as an unofficial group inside of it.

Maybe their orbital station is orbiting that moon, but we just aren't able to see it until we unlock it?
I think it is digged many times. Somewhere on pages 300-400 people was flying around. On 1st pages it was screens of old quests from DW there (now removed) etc.
Also, I think, we COULD not see ... that was before FSS introduced. Now we have FSS/DSS which show many old hidden things immediately.
For example you can google old videos of how to catch Voyager. Now it is shown by FSS right away.

Last edited:
I think it is digged many times. Somewhere on pages 300-400 people was flying around. On 1st pages it was screens of old quests from DW there (now removed) etc.
Also, I think, we COULD not see ... that was before FSS introduced. Now we have FSS/DSS which show many old hidden things immediately.
For example you can google old videos of how to catch Voyager. Now it is shown by FSS right away.
I'm there and don't notice anything unusual on the FSS.

There's something odd with the tourist beacons in Shin: two of them are called "Pilot's federation secrecy". They don't have the same content nor spot number. Yet both contents fits the title, guess that the writer ran out of ideas.

Otherwise, nothing to report about Neumann Camp (owned by TDW). No unusual passenger missions, no unusual missions.

Edit: on the system's description, it is mentioned "Achieving a high rank with the pilot's federation is the most common way to earn such an invitation, more secretive methods are also know to exist."
If I remember well, one method is to have financed the game on Kickstarter. Anyone heard about a commander getting the permit another way? Such as being allied with the pilots' federation before being Elite?

Edit2: both tourist beacons mentioned above don't have exactly the same name. (See Jorki's message below)

Last edited:

I checked on that just a few weeks ago. Did a few missions for them from Neumann Camp. Found nothing.
It certainly doesn't look like coincidence. Also that 8th moon is a very dark place, as it's far from the star. TDW station may be in orbit of that moon (or not), but can't be found by normal means.

There's something odd with the tourist beacons in Shin: two of them are called "Pilot's federation secrecy". They don't have the same content nor spot number. Yet both contents fits the title, guess that the writer ran out of ideas.

Otherwise, nothing to report about Neumann Camp (owned by TDW). No unusual passenger missions, no unusual missions.

Edit: on the system's description, it is mentioned "Achieving a high rank with the pilot's federation is the most common way to earn such an invitation, more secretive methods are also know to exist."
If I remember well, one method is to have financed the game on Kickstarter. Anyone heard about a commander getting the permit another way? Such as being allied with the pilots' federation before being Elite?
I've only heard of two ways to gain access to Shinrarta Dezhra; be a kickstarter or get the Elite rank.

Do you remember the spot numbers?
I have the tourist beacons noted here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/page-98#post-6528445 and will update if anything is missing.

I think the only ways to get allied with the Pilots Federation is to rescue passengers from burning stations &/or kill thargoids.
Edit: I also ran lots of missions for the PF Training Academy (actually, now I come to think of it this might have been my second account), & rescued a lot of passengers (around 3000) during the last incursion, and as Jorki am currently killing goid scouts to increase combat rank. I got the message “allied with Pilot’sFederation” a few days ago after I’d turned in my first load of combat bonds. I find it interesting that the “PF rank” doesn’t appear to be accessible, also that there are 4 different spellings of PF.
Also tourist beacons 0247 and 0251 differ in their spelling:
Pilots Federation Secrecy versus Pilots Federation’s Secrecy

Last edited:

I think this is perhaps an indication that Lyta Crane’s “knowledge” of TDW (as stated in the codex) is hearsay/misinformation/false news. The codex phrasing does say “rival experts have accused Crane of forging her evidence in order to maintain the revenue from her billions of followers”

Also “It is futile to attemp to contact the Dark Wheel on one's own initiative, however - it is always they who initiate
contact, initially in disguise, revealing their true identity only once a suitable test of courage and skill has been discreetly administered, and passed.” And I think this is hinted at in the DB video “ED has a story that "embraces all the players" where he talks about possibly getting an invitation to join a secret organisation.
Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gDh9G1gDgMU

Top Bottom