A black hole is a jewel as well....it refracts like a gem.
Spiralling stars is the tunnel to hyperspace,
Whispers in hyperspace....
we can interpret the clues in many ways.
(which is annoying, but it only takes one interpretation to be correct, I do enjoy these reads a lot, as people are very clever and creative)

I also thought about 2010 a space odyssey:
where a star was manufactured from a gas-giant (Jupiter) by the monolith.

It has been a long time since the Dark Wheel and Raxxla mysteries where established, at the start of Hyperdrive space age.

So stars could have died out since then,
Or that a particular gas-giant with eight moons could have compacted into a small stat and knocked the moons out of the immediate orbit. The Stellar forge simulation accounts for solar winds from newly created stars
And has that capability, but I just assumed it Simulates a period of a few millions of years back and does really “continue” day for day, accounting for more modern times. (Or the magic hand of the devs)

Last edited:
Just installed EDMC + plugin which shows me nearest bad scanned for EDSM system.
Darn, they're all 100% mapped for UC, by 1-2-3-4-6 commanders, some have DSSed planets. And nobody bothered to upload log to EDSM.
That is 300ly from bubble.
How can we trust it in searches? >:

Found a target system, and coincidentally it was a strange and rare stellar discovery 6 months before gamma, it is supposedly a huge diamond and quoting the team "Our final image should show us a [...], but we don’t see a thing". Coldest object in galaxy and as old as the galaxy itself.

Found a target system, and coincidentally it was a strange and rare stellar discovery 6 months before gamma, it is supposedly a huge diamond and quoting the team "Our final image should show us a [...], but we don’t see a thing". Coldest object in galaxy and as old as the galaxy itself.

BPM 37093 (V886 Centauri)??
Boomerang Nebula??

Last edited:
Just installed EDMC + plugin which shows me nearest bad scanned for EDSM system.
Darn, they're all 100% mapped for UC, by 1-2-3-4-6 commanders, some have DSSed planets. And nobody bothered to upload log to EDSM.
That is 300ly from bubble.
How can we trust it in searches? >:

We can’t, not completely, but it’s all we’ve got.

Most systems in/around the bubble would have been scanned early after the game release & presumably therefore before many people had adopted EDSM or the apps (e.g. EDDiscovery) that feed it with data. So there are going to be holes in EDSM coverage until later commanders repeat the visits to those systems and upload.

Last edited:
We can’t, not completely, but it’s all we’ve got.

Most systems in/around the bubble would have been scanned early after the game release & presumably therefore before many people had adopted EDSM or the apps (e.g. EDDiscovery) that feed it with data. So there are going to be holes in EDSM coverage until later commanders repeat the visits to those systems and upload.
And I now have another problem. Even when you try to collect data from EDDN stream, most systems in the bubble are completely visible when you enter them, i.e. not many commanders scan them. => No events on EDDN => no data to collect. I now have ~16000 systems in a (300Ly)^3 cube around Sol. But ~4000 of them do not have body data… Anybody likes to scan 4000 nav beacons? That triggers the necessary events.

Last edited:
A question though,
What the flarkin is “The Princess & The Spiralling Stars"
I’ve tried googling for the book and landed on something bizarrely from the 1800 or something.

is it an in-game reference to that in-game sci-if author that was in galnet? The one that disappeared and came back, bad sales / publicity stunt gone bad?

it seams like a “look here”
Which then turns out to be a big massive instant dead end with a just lot of emphasis put on it, or have I missed something revolutionary by having a typo when searching on the internet?
Do you think it could be a red herring? It's weird how it says that the resemblence was eventually discredited. I wonder how it was discredited. I'd also like to know if it's just a coincidence that there is a real life story with the same name or the author of the codex knew. I had a look into the failed author in galnet archives. He wrote a series of books called the corsair King which again there is a real life book of the same name. The real life version is about a pirate. The corsair king is also a game of thrones character which seemed interesting. The in game author does a runner after his fans keep demanding he changes the narrative to suit them 😀😀

the pirate ship
hmm003.png

So, interesting find on the 8th Moon of System well within the bubble.
  1. A Crashed Ship - Anaconda
  2. The Ships Data Core - Scanned (nothing?)
  3. Thargoid Sensor
  4. Interesting Crates
Crashed Anaconda - Ship Data Core
Anaconda - Data Core.jpg

Thargoid Sensor
Anaconda - Thargoid Sensor.jpg

Brewer Corp. - There was one Wine canister lying around... See below for links to similar crates.
Anaconda - Brewer Corp.jpg

Caine-Massey. - Anything unusual, or have people seen this before at other crash sites? See below for links to similar crates.
Anaconda - Caine-Massey Crate.jpg

I couldn't re-scan the Ship's Data Core even after closing Elite and re-starting, but I don't know if that's usual or not so if anyone can clarify what's expected there that'd be great! I might have to come back with a corrosive rack to pickup the Thargoid Sensor... :)

It also seems like Galaxy > System Descriptions might actually have some in-game alignment (who'd have thought), I found this after getting curious with the description I noted, so I'm hoping the others I'm investigating might also turn up some interesting stuff.

Then I was forced off the game for an update - so will have to wait to explore further later!!

Edit: Did some follow-up research and the boxes sound the same as those from the Colonia Crash Site and Orrere Crashed Ship. So could be re-used graphics, or leading us to investigate Brewer Corp and Caine-Massey more?

Fly Dangerously!
/ Ra

Last edited:
what's expected there
If you sit in some systems for long, like running courier missions to unlock ranks you will get "mysterious stranger" message eventually.
Those are different tasks, some are to visit exact said crashed ship (those are many too around, picks random) and you will be given a key to core. You will be able to scan core ONCE and get text from inside + some mats.

Anybody else using EDDiscovery? I’m convinced that I used to be able to type coordinates into the Route Planner & it would find the nearest system in-game (mmm, more likely from EDSM). Doesn’t seem to work now for me, which is a great shame as it was very useful when testing hypotheses for Raxxla etc.

Last edited:
If you sit in some systems for long, like running courier missions to unlock ranks you will get "mysterious stranger" message eventually.
Those are different tasks, some are to visit exact said crashed ship (those are many too around, picks random) and you will be given a key to core. You will be able to scan core ONCE and get text from inside + some mats.

Yes, either we had a discussion about it or there’s a separate thread on Mysterious Stranger tip-offs, probably a combination of the two. My brain is not yet working today, awake at 04:00, need more coffee!

But it’s that fact that you have to be in-system for a while (30 minutes rings a bell) to get them that makes me think they can’t be related to TDW’s test. If this TDW test is a real thing, and not more FD fluff, then TDW should be watching your progress continually; possibly they have many related factions (Premonition’s “wheels within wheels”) and they get interested in you when you’re allied with several of them, at a trigger threshold. Either that or it’s dependent on your commander stats.

just do direct API query to edsm

Like that

Code:
std::string createEDSMLink(const Point &point)
{
    const auto params{stringfmt("x=%0.4f&y=%0.4f&z=%0.4f&radius=20", point.x, point.y, point.z)};
    return stringfmt("https://www.edsm.net/api-v1/sphere-systems?%s", params);
}

Sorry Alex, I’m not a programmer. Where/how do you type that in? Does it have to be compiled??
Twas easy using the EDD route planner

Yes, either we had a discussion about it or there’s a separate thread on Mysterious Stranger tip-offs, probably a combination of the two. My brain is not yet working today, awake at 04:00, need more coffee!

But it’s that fact that you have to be in-system for a while (30 minutes rings a bell) to get them that makes me think they can’t be related to TDW’s test. If this TDW test is a real thing, and not more FD fluff, then TDW should be watching your progress continually; possibly they have many related factions (Premonition’s “wheels within wheels”) and they get interested in you when you’re allied with several of them, at a trigger threshold. Either that or it’s dependent on your commander stats.

This wasn't a tip off mission, it was a direct find based on interesting information within the system description. It's also persistant, relogged the game to confirm. I'm not ingame to check, but the systems probably within 20Ly of SD and TDW.

I can't recall reading anywhere of getting a thargoid sensors from a non-thargoid crash site though?

Can anyone verify or refute that assertion?

I've also encountered the tip offs before, usually when fully allied with a faction in a system and >15 minutes (and there isa cooldown from previous missions too i believe).

This wasn't a tip off mission, it was a direct find based on interesting information within the system description. It's also persistant, relogged the game to confirm. I'm not ingame to check, but the systems probably within 20Ly of SD and TDW.

I can't recall reading anywhere of getting a thargoid sensors from a non-thargoid crash site though?

Can anyone verify or refute that assertion?

I've also encountered the tip offs before, usually when fully allied with a faction in a system and >15 minutes (and there isa cooldown from previous missions too i believe).

Yes, Shipwrecks are static and persistent locations. There are a few in/near the bubble that have thargoid sensors. I picked up 16 in my CRCR before I went back out to help Han_Zen explore the sysmap anomalies near Star of India and so I could test dive black holes to see if they were Raxxla and you had to supply your own Omphalos. Cant remember how I found the wreck though, think it was a Canonn page or maybe online utilities finder. I noted the site on my gaming PC, will try to remember to look it up later.

September Summary for #fight-the-club

In September we did fewer, more difficult operations in systems with active player factions and significant traffic. Since June 1, we have removed 19 Club factions from systems representing 2.4 billion people. Significantly, this month, Club faction Sirius Mining Merope - which at one point was active in seven systems, now exists only as a zombie faction in Merope.

We're pleased to announce that squadron Close Encounter Corps, led by CMDR @AntonyVern [СЕС] have joined the fight against the Club. Besides their help in the campaigns in Pleiades Sector PD-S b4-0, Hemaki, and Wolf 202 - working with a large squadron has led to a number of improvements to the discord, which will be valuable when other squadrons join the fight.

Gains & Losses

• Sirius Mining Merope removed from system Pleiades Sector PD-S b4-0.
  • Aegis Research removed from system Pleione.
  • Pleiades Resource Enterprise removed from Delphi.
  • Sirius Hot2Cold removed from system Hemaki.
  • Sirius Hyperspace removed from system Wolf 202.
  • Mysterious new holdings in 42 N Persei removed from Club faction PRE.
  • Delphi confirmed as home system for Aegis Research and Janus Incorporated.

• CQC Holdings expanded to Guttun.

Active Campaigns

Daik - Sirius Hyperspace (Close Encounter Corps + Pleiades Historical Society)

Squadron & Discord

PLEIADES HISTORICAL SOCIETY [PLOR] formed in August to explore the mysteries of the Pleiades, and to combat regional factions affiliated with The Club: Aegis Research, Janus Incorporated, Pleiades Resource Enterprise, and Sirius Mining Merope. The mystery of HIP 22460 is of particular interest, including The Black Flight, Megaship Overlook, and the involvement of Pleiades Resource Enterprise.

All commanders interested in fighting the Club are welcome to join the discord at https://discord.gg/PdaCsRA.

Top Bottom