Graphics glitch by the look of it, something to do with the shadows I imagine.

Nice patterns though, I like the little dogs and the Persian & Egyptian architecture....plus the fact that you ca make shapes out of the light and the dark depedning which you focus on :)

False alert guys,it happens on all rocky bodies as far as now, but the interesting thing is it seems to happen only on the pole. I mean the point where the longitude and lattitude is close to zero. Can anyone try this out? I mean is it only me or is it a game bug everyone can experience?
So it happens at the 'top' and 'bottom' of the sphere where all the separate graphics blocks get scrunched up or meet.

Id say report it as bug, but it could become one of those things best left and people will visit it, Im gonna have a go next Rocky :)
Something like that seems to happen, but not as extreme in my case:
pole_rocky.jpg

The jewel at the heart of the Black Hole

Amplituhedrons rule O.......

String theory ties me up in knots

There is no way to Unitarity, Strange Duality is the Way!

My father worked in the health service; he used to say that the psychiatrists were madder than the patients,
he never met a quantum mathematician 😁

Quantum mathematicians don’t reproduce, they add together ... virtually 😉

Another question. Why, when looking at the EDSM codex for Inner Orion Spur > Terrestrial Planets > Ammonia Planet are there two entries first showing as Non Terraformable and the other showing as 13022 with a reported location of Jambin. I have it on my list to visit now but am 7500ly away and heading in the opposite direction.

Ok, so to check out the Yggdrasil hypothesis I’ve been to & scanned in succession:
Bifrost, Jord
Loki Tstae, Loki Tan
Hel
Baldr
Odin’s Wisdom. I find this system interesting! at ~900ly below SD it is well off the beaten track and is obviously manually named whereas all the surrounding systems are 2Mass, HIP, or stellar forge named. Why is it specifically named? I didn’t find anything special there, or in any of the other systems enroute. I went back & sold the data to TDW at Neuman Camp SD. Immediately got a mission uss, TDW wanted me to deliver 81 tons of animal meat back to them at Neuman Camp. Did so despite 4 antagonists (avoided interdiction). No other apparent “capability test”; if TDW want me to kill off the antagonists as part of the test they are going to have a long wait with my current hand problems!

Edit: oops, just checked out my travel history-I forget to visit Hel & Baldr!! Oh no!!! 😳

Last edited:
Odin’s Wisdom. I find this system interesting! at ~900ly below SD it is well off the beaten track and is obviously manually named whereas all the surrounding systems are 2Mass, HIP, or stellar forge named. Why is it specifically named? I didn’t find anything special there, or in any of the other systems enroute. I went back & sold the data to TDW at Neuman Camp SD. Immediately got a mission uss, TDW wanted me to deliver 81 tons of animal meat back to them at Neuman Camp. Did so despite 4 antagonists (avoided interdiction). No other apparent “capability test”; if TDW want me to kill off the antagonists as part of the test they are going to have a long wait with my current hand problems!

Edit: oops, just checked out my travel history-I forget to visit Hel & Baldr!! Oh no!!! 😳
"Other stars, sparsely set beneath Hydrochoüs, hang on high between Cetus in the heavens and the Fish, dim and nameless, and near them on the right hand of bright Hydrochoüs, like some sprinked drops of water lightly shed on this side and on that, other stars wheel bright-eyed though weak. But among them are borne two of more lustrous form, not far apart and yet not near: one beneath both feet of Hydrochoüs, a goodly star and bright, the other beneath the tail of dark-blue Cetus. This cluster as a whole men call The Water. But others low beneath the forefeet of the Archer, a tuned in a circled ring, go wheeling round the sky."
- Aratus of Soli, Phaenomena

Ok, so to check out the Yggdrasil hypothesis I’ve been to & scanned in succession:
Bifrost, Jord
Loki Tstae, Loki Tan
Hel
Baldr

Took your Yggdrasil route and sold carto at Neumann Camp. Then took uneventful E/F mission to Faraday Ring. No joy.

Quite a time ago, was it in this thread, someone mentioned a list of systems names containing the letters '…RA XX-L A…'. And I found that list even more appealing when I recognized that the only system in that list that not exactly contained RAXXLA – PHEIA BRA XX-L C7-0 – was buried deep in "THE VOID". Let me tell you, you do neither dive deep in the void nor do you climb high. You take whatever route you can get to your goal… (that could be a reason to have a FC 🤔 )
In the end it was a challenging and therefore nice trip but surprise: No Raxxla! After visiting PHEIA BRA XX-L C7-0 I poked around in the void only a little but I did not find anything suspicious.

The trail runs cold at around BREEROEA HA-A D0. That's about the farthest start out towards The Void. Get your carriers, Graybeards, that's going to take jump ranges which I imagine would humble my Diamondback Explorer.

A little more info on the RA 20° direction.

Right ascension 20° and approximately flat in the galactic plane (Dec +35°) is the direction our solar system moves, due to galactic rotation. This direction is important in the field of dark matter research. The spiralling stars of the Milky way rotates inside a halo of dark matter. From an earth bound view point, this creates a constant wind of dark matter, that can be detected.
images

From earth, in ED, this is towards the Star of India. The direction of the wind in other parts of the galaxy, can be found by aligning flat in the galactic plane and having Sag. A at roughly 90° to your right.

Last edited:
Took your Yggdrasil route and sold carto at Neumann Camp. Then took uneventful E/F mission to Faraday Ring. No joy.

Probably another hypothesis / red herring (there must be a reason why that system was specifically named - “TDW” obfuscation??) laid to rest.

Still no sign of those old E/F missions? Maybe they crop up once you’ve gained membership?

Think my clone Tyko is going to try the carbon star+edge of space hypothesis, but firstly got lawn to aerate this morning, then washday, then grandkids this afternoon, then collapse in a heap, so tomorrow before he can start to engineer the aspX and gather jumponium..... I must have been very wicked in an earlier life!! 🥳😈

My journey encountered technical issues... bad potentiometer in the T16000M stick, needs a tear down and rebuild... with 'rona I can't get a replacement :(

On the plus side, I think I have more information on the toast, its rather obvious to any other astropels.

Theres a thread on that just for reference, theres also a Twitter & Reddit so good luck keeping up with it all. Have you got the original of the binary too I cant find it? Is the one on the thread cropped or is it full size?

Almost certainly to do with Halloween though.

Top Bottom